Resort sleep over for one night

Kristi391

Mouseketeer
So my extended family and I are going to be heading down in just 17 days. There are 11 of us going, staying at 3 different resorts. I will have my own room at POFQ and my brother, SIL, niece (2) and nephew (8) will be at OKW. My nephew has stated that he would like to spend a night with me at FQ and my brother and SIL kind of hinted at the fact that they would like me to take both kids one night so they can have a date night. I am not sure about the Disney rules on this type of thing.

Would I have to call prior and register both kids on my reservation or could I just go to the front desk the day we are thinking of doing it? I have no idea what night of our trip this would be happening...my brother and sil are not big "planners" (they don't even have all their FP planned yet :scared:).

Has anyone had experience with this type of situation before?

Thanks in advance.

Someone may chime in that knows actual "rules", but as long as you are not going over the maximum occupancy of your room, it shouldn't be an issue and I wouldn't worry about it at all.

Someone may chime in that knows actual "rules", but as long as you are not going over the maximum occupancy of your room, it shouldn't be an issue and I wouldn't worry about it at all.

I agree. We actually did this once. When my oldest was 2 or 3, we met my parents at WDW. We had separate rooms at POFQ, but one night my daughter stayed with my parents in their room because we did a date night. It was not an issue at all.

Thank you. I figured it probably would not be a huge deal, but thought I should ask anyways. I won't worry about it too much and just focus on being excited for the trip.

Thanks again

Just to add... if you might want to take the kids to the pool when they visit you, just stop by the front desk and add them to your reservation for the night(s). They'd also be able to use their bands on your door, which may be thrilling for little ones to be able to unlock auntie's door with their band.

Enjoy your vacation!

Just to add... if you might want to take the kids to the pool when they visit you, just stop by the front desk and add them to your reservation for the night(s). They'd also be able to use their bands on your door, which may be thrilling for little ones to be able to unlock auntie's door with their band.

Enjoy your vacation!

Thank you. That is what I was thinking of. My nephew is very interested in using the pool at FQ.

Can 1 person be registered at 2 resorts?

Honestly I'm usually a total rule follower and as honest as they come but it wouldn't even occur to me to add them to my reservation just so they could use the pool. They are little kids, it's one night and they are already registered at another Disney resort. I would be more worried that something would get screwed up with their reservations/tickets by me trying to add them for the one night.

Honestly I'm usually a total rule follower and as honest as they come but it wouldn't even occur to me to add them to my reservation just so they could use the pool. They are little kids, it's one night and they are already registered at another Disney resort. I would be more worried that something would get screwed up with their reservations/tickets by me trying to add them for the one night.

I tend to agree. I probably wouldn't go through the hassle of adding them because it might screw up the reservation at their own hotel. If you want to go to the pool , just use your band. From my experience, unless you are at Storm Along Bay, one band is fine to get you into the pool area.

We have done this a ton at Disney resorts. Over the years I have often switch off with my sister watching each others kids so each set of parents could have a date night and night off from parenthood. My parents have also taken the grandchildren in their room for sleep overs on countless trips. They almost always end up at the pool and we have never thought that we should check with the front desk to do this For one night.

Heck, last summer I was staying at All Star Music for a week with my daughter for a softball tournament at ESPN Wide World of Sports. We had a very long unexpected rain delay which caused the girls to end their last game at 11:45 at night. They had to be back on the field at 7 am the next day. I ended up taking two of my daughter's teammates to our room to spend the night so they didn't have to drive the hour back to their home and back the next day. My room could sleep 4. I never even considered the fact that I should have to check with Disney to do this.

There is only one pool that I'm aware of that is exceptionally vigilant about pool usage and that's the one at BC/YC. Every person who wished to enter was scanned. Last Christmas some of our family stayed at GF and we stayed at Poly. The children used the pools interchangeably and as long as at least one adult had an MB entrance was easy.

We have done this a ton at Disney resorts. Over the years I have often switch off with my sister watching each others kids so each set of parents could have a date night and night off from parenthood. My parents have also taken the grandchildren in their room for sleep overs on countless trips. They almost always end up at the pool and we have never thought that we should check with the front desk to do this For one night.

Heck, last summer I was staying at All Star Music for a week with my daughter for a softball tournament at ESPN Wide World of Sports. We had a very long unexpected rain delay which caused the girls to end their last game at 11:45 at night. They had to be back on the field at 7 am the next day. I ended up taking two of my daughter's teammates to our room to spend the night so they didn't have to drive the hour back to their home and back the next day. My room could sleep 4. I never even considered the fact that I should have to check with Disney to do this.

Yup, you need to check them in if they spend the night. Well, now you know :)

Yes, this. I def. would NOT get the CMs involved. The fact is they're much more likely to mess it up than anything else. They absolutely will NOT need to scan their band to swim at the French Quarter pool. You'll be with them and on the off chance the gate is actually closed and in need of a band (I don't think that's the case with French Quarter, but I could be mistaken,) but even if it is, your band will be enough. Do NOT get the CMs involved...they'll just get confused. At best it'll eat up a bunch of your time and at worst it'll mess up their reservation and/of tix.

If you are not going over occupancy and it's just for 1 night, just do it, no one else needs to know, it's not a big deal.

Yup, you need to check them in if they spend the night. Well, now you know :)
I think it's important to use a little common sense and understand how likely it is that Disney will screw something up in this type of situation. As long as you're not over occupancy I would not involve the cms...if others prefer to attempt to technically add them and then remove them, that's obviously their right, but it's important when pushing ones point of view that you include possible side effects, as in you don't have to tell them, but technically you're probably supposed to or on the other hand while you can tell them, there's a good chance it's going to be a big hassle. OP do as you wish, but now you have both sides of if

I think it's important to use a little common sense and understand how likely it is that Disney will screw something up in this type of situation. As long as you're not over occupancy I would not involve the cms...if others prefer to attempt to technically add them and then remove them, that's obviously their right, but it's important when pushing ones point of view that you include possible side effects, as in you don't have to tell them, but technically you're probably supposed to or on the other hand while you can tell them, there's a good chance it's going to be a big hassle. OP do as you wish, but now you have both sides of if

Yes, you do have to tell them - they are on property that you do not own, and they need to be included on the reservation. If Disney found out you had people sleeping in your room that were not on your room ressie, they could kick you out, no refund. Of course, if something were to happen, and you didn't have them on the reservation, you'd be 100% responsible for the incident as well.

Thank you. That is what I was thinking of. My nephew is very interested in using the pool at FQ.

Can 1 person be registered at 2 resorts?
Yes.... they dont take social security numbers or drivers license numbers.

Stacy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter