Resort Suggestions, please.

StaciaRae

Mouseketeer
Hi! I'm looking to book a room for 1 day, 2 nights pre-cruise in January for my family of 4 with 2 kids (ages 5 and 7). We will not be going to any parks, depending on the weather we might consider Disney Springs though. Which resort would you suggest? Please not AKL or WL (LOVE them, just looking for something different this time). I'm leaning towards Boardwalk (to be close to the new character breakfast), Poly, or PO (boat to DS) - but certainly open to all suggestions of a nice place to spend the day and keep kids entertained.

Definitely consider Art of Animation. You could spend quite a bit of time walking around both it and Pop Century admiring the theming. The pools around the resort are pretty awesome as well.

I think I would choose Port Orleans. For me and my kids, it would be tough to be so close to the parks that you can see them (the castle from Poly, perhaps Epcot's Eiffel Tower from the Boardwalk) but not be able to go.

I second VAfamily1998's vote for POR/FQ. The boat to DS is awesome, the price is good, you have a number of room styles to choose from, lots of activities at POR in particular - surrey bike rentals, fishing, carriage rides. Good food courts and more dining options at DS. Beignets at POFQ! Just an overall nice pace to stay for a day or two and with great access to DS.

Enjoy!!!

ETA: and don't forget Yee Haa Bob entertainment!!! A must see if there is a show while you are there (Go early for a good seat)

No park, I couldn't go to any resort near a park. And we love Por. But another idea, since you aren't going to a park, why stay in WDW? Cocoa Beach is nice and you could combine a beach vacay with the cruise. Maybe go to Kennedy Space Centre.

I think the Boardwalk would definitely be a good resort, since there are activities there to do without going to a park. Port Orleans would also probably be nice because it's such a nice resort with other things to do there.

If I had to choose between the options that you gave, I would choose the Poly. I've never stayed there, but its such a wonderful location, and terrific restaurants!

POFQ is our favourite! The boat ride to Disney Springs, carriage ride (so much fun and reasonably priced), small / easy to get around, cute pool with slide (age appropriate slide for your kids), also a new splash pad area built. We enjoy the movie at night, as well as the fire pit with marshmallow roasting. There is also a small arcade if this is something your children would enjoy. I love this resort for the relaxed and compact feel. So relaxing here!

Hi! I'm looking to book a room for 1 day, 2 nights pre-cruise in January for my family of 4 with 2 kids (ages 5 and 7). We will not be going to any parks, depending on the weather we might consider Disney Springs though. Which resort would you suggest? Please not AKL or WL (LOVE them, just looking for something different this time). I'm leaning towards Boardwalk (to be close to the new character breakfast), Poly, or PO (boat to DS) - but certainly open to all suggestions of a nice place to spend the day and keep kids entertained.
Maybe a cabin at Fort Wilderness? There are so many activities there the kids could enjoy: bike riding, archery, wagon ride, horseback or pony ride, carriage ride, Chip & Dale hosted smores at outdoor movies, viewing animals at the corral, etc. That is also the home of Hoop Dee Doo Revue, which is a great family dinner show. The mood at Fort Wilderness is relaxed and casual. That would be my pick for a non-park resort in January.

If you're not going a park, but might do disney springs, I would give POR a try.

Another vote for one of the PO resorts. The boat to DS is a great change from the bus. If it is warm enough you can use either resorts pools.

POFQ. They will still like the pool at this age, boat to DTD, convenient food court, good price. Save the deluxes for later.

If not going to parks, I would look into the Waldorf or its sister resort (trying to find the name). I think that it is the Hilton Bonnet Creek. On property, better rates.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter