Resort with the best beds...quality wise...

ARAITHEL

Always counting the days till my next WDW trip...
I was just reading a moderate thread and someone had asked a question about how nice the beds were.

What is the resort with the best beds? Do the Deluxe resorts have better quality matresses? I assume that the beds would be better quality at the GF vs POP or the AS resorts. Any info? I remember the ASmo beds being horrible the last time I stayed.

comments? statements?

I have no knowledge of what the "best" beds are, just wanted to say it's all subjective. I once stayed at a Four Seasons that boasted about having top quality mattresses and it was the worst hotel bed I've ever experienced. It was way too plush and squishy for me, being used to a firmer mattress.

I have no complaints about the deluxe hotels' mattresses--always comfortable. But the best beds on property, IMO, are at the Swan and Dolphin. The Heavenly beds are awesome--the only time I've ever (kinda, sorta) looked forward to the day ending and going to bed at Disney. :cloud9:

I have no complaints about the deluxe hotels' mattresses--always comfortable. But the best beds on property, IMO, are at the Swan and Dolphin. The Heavenly beds are awesome--the only time I've ever (kinda, sorta) looked forward to the day ending and going to bed at Disney. :cloud9:

Agree. I like the Swan/Dolphin mattresses better than any of the WDW deluxe resorts I've stayed at.

All of the resorts we've stayed at have had comfortable beds, but I found the mattresses at the GF and Poly to be the best/most comfortable.

I thought the beds at Coronado Springs were actually more comfy than the beds at the Wilderness Lodge. The WL beds were comfy, but they were more firm than those at CS. :confused3

Maybe it's just me, but I've stayed at several Disney resorts (all deluxe though) and I didn't find that the beds differ at any of the disney owned resorts. They were all fine, but nothing like my bed from home. I never sleep well on vacations but I also never find the beds unreasonable or uncomfortable and I can't differentiate the beds from one disney hotel to the next, they seem all reasonably similar.

I've never had a bad bed at WDW, but the Swan Heavenly Beds truly are heavenly. Next time I buy a mattress, I'm ordering one of these.

Another vote for the Swan here. The Westin Heavenly... mmmm.... (Glad I'll be there in a few days, so I won't have to grumble! :p)

As for the other resorts, I've found the beds at Moderates and Villas to be basically the same (based on OKW, BCV, POR and CBR). The bed at Pop did not seem as comfortable. (And, I've not had the pleasure of staying at an official Deluxe).

I'll be at CSR a night this trip, so I'll report back any difference noticed! :thumbsup2

The bed at the Dolphin did feel a bit better than other beds on property.

I agree that all of the other beds seem to be the same quality.

The deluxes used to have better feeling beds than the moderates. (I don't know about the values). I think that is changed.

The moderate beds used to be hard as a rock so that Mickey could get you up out of bed and spending more money.

It's hard to compare.... I know the pop century ones weren't very comfortable. And I do recall getting some good zzzz's time @ CSR...

Art of Animation bed was AWFUL! Made me cry to have to lay on it, was like a rock... and the sheets were like sandpaper

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter