Resorts at Christmas

Ariel1033

Earning My Ears
We are starting to "plan" a trip during the Christmas season either next year or the year after!! Any opinions on what the best resorts to stay at are during that time? Decorations and ambiance wise?? Thanks in advance!

Any of the three "monorail line" resorts (Contemporary, GF, and Polynesian) have great Christmas decorations, albeit expensive!!!! We stayed at AoA over our Christmas trip and just resort hopped to see all of the different resorts and their decorations.

We stayed at Boardwalk Inn this past December and loved it. They are one of the resorts that will have a "Gingerbread display," but it won't be as crowded as the Grand Floridian.

No matter where you end up staying, be sure to check out the Gingerbread house at the GF and the Carousel at BC and display at BW. We do this every trip in Dec.

POFQ is my favourite resort to stay at over Christmas. It’s small, but beautifully decorated and because there is no restaurant it doesn’t get a lot of visitors, so it’s quiet. It’s the perfect place to relax after a busy day in the parks.

First choice would be grand Floridian, second wilderness lodge. The deluxe resorts are definitely a lot more done up for the holidays than the moderates and the values don’t have much at all.

Grand Floridian, Boardwalk and Wilderness Lodge are our favorites.

Wish there was a "love" button for pics posted above by @mrsap ! I couldn't agree more that GF and WL scream coziness during the Christmas holiday. Just love it at GF especially during this season. We also love both the YC and BC lobby decorations. We did a split stay a couple years ago between BC and GF and sincerely loved the holiday ambiance at both, but the edge goes to GF given the Grandness of it! We stopped at both Poly and CR this last holiday season and thought they were both nice enough for the holiday, but neither left us feeling the "Wow" factor like the GF does.

Full Disclosure I am a WLV (aka BRV) owner.
For me Wilderness Lodge hands down.
It is Christmas which makes you think of cool weather and winter wonderland.
The decorations are just so complimentary to the theme already in place.
Yes it is a quieter Christmas stay in the madness of WDW
Happy planning
Kerri

POFQ is my favourite resort to stay at over Christmas. It’s small, but beautifully decorated and because there is no restaurant it doesn’t get a lot of visitors, so it’s quiet. It’s the perfect place to relax after a busy day in the parks.

I was about to chime in with POFQ as well. I love the deluxe resorts and often choose one but for all of the holiday visits to WDW the two at moderate resorts were the best. POFQ is a small compact resort that offers a "jazzy" laid back holiday respite from the parks. I loved returning "home" to the soft new olleans style holiday music playing softly in the background.

I also liked CSR ar holiday time. That resort is beautiful decorated, understated and elegant in its choices. The grounds are impeccably groomed and the ambiance is serene.

Another choice will be Animal Kingdom Lodge. The great tree in the lobby is stunning, and it is far enough away from the hubbub of the parks to offer a retreat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter