Resorts getting rid of comforters

I wish they would put something warmer between the sheets. Just a little heavier at least. It just doesn't feel like enough.

I wish they would put something warmer between the sheets. Just a little heavier at least. It just doesn't feel like enough.

I like substance - not necessarily warmth, but weight and substance. I have a down comforter over me at home even in summer. I want covers I can cuddle into.

Just call and ask for an extra blanket if needed, we did with no problem.

Remember, Rizzo the Rat belongs at Disney now!

I had thought we were getting duvets - which I'd be excited about - not triple sheeting, which is fine, but not what I had thought was being described initially. And the bed scarf thing is horrible. HATE them.

I'm the opposite. I can tolerate triple sheeting, but I don't like duvets because most of the time they are just too heavy and you don't get a blanket with them. I really disliked the duvet at BLT because there wasn't any way to tie the comforter in the corners of the cover like there should be. Otherwise, like at BLT, it just flops around inside the cover and makes making the bed really difficult.

Another "agree". My spouse likes a cool room. I freeze. I need a duvet and our owner's locker is just not big enough for me to store on there. I will request extra blankets. Hopefully they do not run out of blankets before I get in my request.

Hmm you don't like rodents. You know what a mickey is right. Yep a rodent lol. I love the triple sheeting. First thing we did when we used to get into a room is fold up the bed cover and toss it in the closet. Those things were disgusting. We just stayed at SSR two weeks ago and had triple sheeting and a bed scarf.

It's interesting that DVC is now putting a bed scarf on the bed -- just as the U.S. hotel industry seems to be phasing out the bed scarf.

I guess the idea of a bed scarf is to dress up the bed, but it serves no practical purpose and is just a nuisance. On top of that, it negates the whole idea that everything on the bed should be clean and there should never be anything on the bed that earlier guests have thrown on the floor (or changed their babies on).

I guess the idea of a bed scarf is to dress up the bed, but it serves no practical purpose and is just a nuisance. On top of that, it negates the whole idea that everything on the bed should be clean and there should never be anything on the bed that earlier guests have thrown on the floor (or changed their babies on).

I don't mind the bed scarf so much because it's down near my feet. What drives me nuts is they're putting throw pillows on top of clean pillowcases. Those throw pillows are probably NEVER cleaned. Ick.

We were at BWV 12/15 to 12/20. No bed scarf -- found it made the room pretty sterile. I was warm enough with the triple sheeting, but DH and I have wars about the thermometer setting. He likes it warm at night; I like it cooler. :rolleyes2

I think this is a really unfortunate trend. So long, Disney theming!

I did like the comforters at BLT and Jambo. They felt luxurious.

Triple sheeting is lame and lazy and BORING.

This is really a great solution IMO, repurposing the old bedspreads into scarves will bring back the theming while keeping things clean with the triple sheeting. A win win for me. :thumbsup2

I wasn't particularly attached to the idea of a bedspread I just liked them because they were cute and I was torn because I also liked the idea of triple sheeting from a cleanliness perspective. I won't be touching that bed scarf while I sleep but it will be there looking cute. YAY! :thumbsup2

I think this is a really unfortunate trend. So long, Disney theming!

I did like the comforters at BLT and Jambo. They felt luxurious.

Triple sheeting is lame and lazy and BORING.

I'm a little confused. BLT had comforters and white duvets - didn't look very different at all from the triple sheeting. Jambo had bedspreads so that would have had color.

The over-sanitary craze is why we are all getting sicker, more allergies, etc.

So you would rather have a bedspread in the room that probably hasn't been washed in years (if ever)?

Wanting clean bedding is NOT an being overly sanitary!

So you would rather have a bedspread in the room that probably hasn't been washed in years (if ever)?

Wanting clean bedding is NOT an being overly sanitary!

Yep, rather have a comforter in the room. It worked just fine for a zillion years in the hotel industry.

Black light convinced me that I won't use bedspreads at hotels.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter