• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

resorts not for the slow walker?

firemanx

DIS Veteran
So 2009 i had a brain aneurysm. walking is effected, but was able to walk AKL suit to main building, but corando springs was a killer trying to get to food area/main building! which resorts would you avoid?

To me, the worst for walking is AKV-Kidani, also POR.

The smallest footprint is POFQ, very compact.

CBR is very large, and the Ft Wilderness Cabins have a lot of walking even to meet the internal bus; definitely avoid those.

The value resorts have a bookable category for "Preferred" rooms which are closer to the main building (dining, transportation, etc.). Moderate resorts also have the Preferred room category but close is a somewhat relative term as the moderates tend to be more spread out to begin with.

Also, you might want to consider the Gran Destino Tower at CSR.

I think your best plan may be to get the closest building by request to whatever food court of the resort you stay at; this would help you the most. There are resort maps that will give you building numbers. Hopefully, you can arrange this ahead of time by calling. Explain your situation.

I would personally stay away from the skyliner transportation resorts.

If you stay at a deluxe resort then try to get a room closer to the lobby.

Depending on budget I would stay at a value resort in a preferred room, POFQ, the Poly, and the Swan.

POFQ was pretty nice when we had three people with mobility issues in the group. Everything‘s so close together, and there’s only one bus stop to get to. And if you do want to enjoy some of those big-resort amenities, it’s not too difficult to pop next-door to Riverside.

Thirding French Quarter. Beautiful resort and very compact. No room is more then 5-10 minutes to the lobby.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter