Resorts w/suites - 3 sleeping surfaces

DisneyMomma930

Disney addict since 1984
Hi all, Ive looked and looked and only found a couple options. We are a family of 5, 2 adults and 3 kids (16,9,2). This year we are doing AoA family suite. We have to have a larger square footage and a separate room for the 2 year old to fall asleep. We also needed the 3 separate sleeping surfaces as the kids cant share beds and the little is in a pack n play. For next year I am looking to book a deluxe resort. My question is: which deluxes offer a suite that has 3 sleeping options. I saw boardwalk or beach club, cant remember which, but only saw a sofa pull out and a king bed in the bedroom. That wont work. What are my other options? Which deluxe would you recommend for other reasons (i.e. dining/location/overall feel)? I really like the Epcot area resorts for ease of travel to Epcot and HS....but I also really want to stay at an MK resort bc we spend at least 2 days there. We have already done POR and loved it but they dont have anything big enough for us. I dont want to do 2 rooms at a value/moderate as I want us all in one room and Im trying to stay away from value. We had originally booked Coronado for this year but decided we didnt like the theming/food options. The junior suite looked nice but it just looked more like a convention center to me.

So thoughts on resorts with 3 sleeping surfaces and at least 1 separate sleeping area and favorite deluxe?

Having to have the separate sleeping area limits things. Could you do a one bedroom and then bring along an air mattress for 1 child?

Hi all, Ive looked and looked and only found a couple options. We are a family of 5, 2 adults and 3 kids (16,9,2). This year we are doing AoA family suite. We have to have a larger square footage and a separate room for the 2 year old to fall asleep. We also needed the 3 separate sleeping surfaces as the kids cant share beds and the little is in a pack n play. For next year I am looking to book a deluxe resort. My question is: which deluxes offer a suite that has 3 sleeping options. I saw boardwalk or beach club, cant remember which, but only saw a sofa pull out and a king bed in the bedroom. That wont work. What are my other options? Which deluxe would you recommend for other reasons (i.e. dining/location/overall feel)? I really like the Epcot area resorts for ease of travel to Epcot and HS....but I also really want to stay at an MK resort bc we spend at least 2 days there. We have already done POR and loved it but they dont have anything big enough for us. I dont want to do 2 rooms at a value/moderate as I want us all in one room and Im trying to stay away from value. We had originally booked Coronado for this year but decided we didnt like the theming/food options. The junior suite looked nice but it just looked more like a convention center to me.

So thoughts on resorts with 3 sleeping surfaces and at least 1 separate sleeping area and favorite deluxe?

WL has a deluxe CL room that has 2 queens in the bedroom area and a queen sleeper sofa in the living room area (bedroom and LR are separated by french doors). BWI also has a deluxe CL room with a separate sitting area (with a queen sleeper sofa), but it's all one room and isn't separated like the WL deluxe. Hopefully others will be along to give other suggestions/options :flower3:.

Agreed with a prior poster, you'll need to look for a 1 bedroom or 2 bedroom villa. If you want it close to the MK, BLT 1 bd has three sleeping surfaces, but one is a pullout sofa (good for 2 people) and the second is a sleeper chair (good for one person). However, that doesn't have the separate living/sleeping area for the 2 year old to sleep in. But, it does have 2 bathrooms...

So, if you actually want a separate living/sleeping area for the 2 year old, then it would have to be a 2 bedroom villa....but the 2 year old would be sleeping in the actual living room/kitchen area.

Two years ago we were upgraded to a 1 bedroom suite in the Tower Club at the Contemporary. There were two queen beds in the bedroom and a queen size pullout sofa bed in the living room. A very pricey option, and one I’m not even sure would work for you? It sounds like you want three separate sleeping surfaces in one room and a separate room (not necessarily even one with a bed) for your youngest. I think a cabin a Fort Wilderness would meet these requirements. There’s a bedroom with a queen bed and bunk beds. In the living room is a pullout sofa bed, although it sounds like you wouldn’t need to use it.

Hmmmmm....well the AoA suite is kind of perfect for us as far as layout goes. Its got the queen bed in the bedroom, a murphy bed, and a pull out sofa in the other living area. Thats ideally what I want but at a deluxe resort. Why is that so hard? LOL. I dont think the cost of a 2 bedroom villa is worth it for us. But I could go for a 1 bedroom villa. I dont want to have to do an air mattress because then its a battle of which child has to sleep on it. One of them wouldnt be happy. LOL

Two years ago we were upgraded to a 1 bedroom suite in the Tower Club at the Contemporary. There were two queen beds in the bedroom and a queen size pullout sofa bed in the living room. A very pricey option, and one I’m not even sure would work for you? It sounds like you want three separate sleeping surfaces in one room and a separate room (not necessarily even one with a bed) for your youngest. I think a cabin a Fort Wilderness would meet these requirements. There’s a bedroom with a queen bed and bunk beds. In the living room is a pullout sofa bed, although it sounds like you wouldn’t need to use it.

I never thought about a cabin. We are from new england and wasnt sure if FW was something that would be what were looking for. WL, maybe. But we are not camping people. Does anyone have insight on the cabins? I do love the CR 1 bd suite you described, it sounds like it would work for us. But Im sure it would be out of budget. It all depends on the promos going on.

I dont want to have to do an air mattress because then its a battle of which child has to sleep on it.
My DD would happily sleep on it, lol! All the time she asks me if I can get out the air mattress for her to sleep on. :confused3 We have a compromise. We keep an air mattress for her at a family member’s house, and she gets to sleep on it while we’re staying there on vacation (even though there is an extra real bed for her!). Perhaps she could encourage your kids about how totally cool it is to sleep on the air mattress!!

My DD would happily sleep on it, lol! All the time she asks me if I can get out the air mattress for her to sleep on. :confused3 We have a compromise. We keep an air mattress for her at a family member’s house, and she gets to sleep on it while we’re staying there on vacation (even though there is an extra real bed for her!). Perhaps she could encourage your kids about how totally cool it is to sleep on the air mattress!!
Oh my gosh how cute is that! I know my 16 year old girl would be like really? But the 9 year old boy probably wouldnt mind. I just never think of doing that as an option. I feel bad like we are on vacation so they should have real beds but youre right, kids probably dont care. lol

https://dvcreservations.com/dvc-occupancy.php

That site has a great summary of how many each 1 bedroom villas sleeps.

Bay Lake Tower and Kidani 1 bedrooms both have a second bathroom. When travelling we will many times place our 2 year old's pack in play in the largest bathroom as he also needs privacy to sleep. That leaves one john open to use overnight ;)

https://dvcreservations.com/dvc-occupancy.php

That site has a great summary of how many each 1 bedroom villas sleeps.

Bay Lake Tower and Kidani 1 bedrooms both have a second bathroom. When travelling we will many times place our 2 year old's pack in play in the largest bathroom as he also needs privacy to sleep. That leaves one john open to use overnight ;)

That is genious!!!! I love that! I was looking at Kidani. I love AKL but I also love BLT being on the monorail. Ahh decisions!! I will see what the rates are for each and go from there. Thanks for the link I will check it out.

WL has a deluxe CL room that has 2 queens in the bedroom area and a queen sleeper sofa in the living room area (bedroom and LR are separated by french doors).

We stayed in one of these at Christmastime and absolutely loved it...I think it would be perfect for your situation! I'd look into it sooner rather than later though, because there aren't many of these rooms and they often book up quickly.

We have similar needs to yours in that we need a separate sleeping area for my D...but it's a little easier for us because we only need a king bed in the bedroom. We stayed in the 1BR suite at BC last year and the one we stayed in definitely had a king bed...and the CR 1BR garden suite we have booked for this Christmas definitely has a king bed as well.

FWIW, I was skeptical of WL because I thought I wouldn't like not being on the monorail loop...but it actually worked out better because the monorail broke down multiple times during our stay, but the boat service to/from MK at WL was always running. It was awesome because we could see it coming from our room's window and wait until then to go out and catch it! We never had issues getting on the boat showing up at the last minute like that, even though it was Christmastime and the parks were crowded.

I posted a review and some room photos if you're interested...they're on the WL thread and the CL thread. We absolutely LOVED everything about our stay and can't wait to return! I've stayed at all the deluxes, and after our recent WL stay (which was a first time for us), I can honestly say the WL is our favorite MK resort!

Oh, and as an added bonus...the WL deluxe CL room is the most affordable deluxe suite with a truly separate sleeping area that I've seen so far! :cool1:

We stayed in one of these at Christmastime and absolutely loved it...I think it would be perfect for your situation! I'd look into it sooner rather than later though, because there aren't many of these rooms and they often book up quickly.

We have similar needs to yours in that we need a separate sleeping area for my D...but it's a little easier for us because we only need a king bed in the bedroom. We stayed in the 1BR suite at BC last year and the one we stayed in definitely had a king bed...and the CR 1BR garden suite we have booked for this Christmas definitely has a king bed as well.

FWIW, I was skeptical of WL because I thought I wouldn't like not being on the monorail loop...but it actually worked out better because the monorail broke down multiple times during our stay, but the boat service to/from MK at WL was always running. It was awesome because we could see it coming from our room's window and wait until then to go out and catch it! We never had issues getting on the boat showing up at the last minute like that, even though it was Christmastime and the parks were crowded.

I posted a review and some room photos if you're interested...they're on the WL thread and the CL thread. We absolutely LOVED everything about our stay and can't wait to return! I've stayed at all the deluxes, and after our recent WL stay (which was a first time for us), I can honestly say the WL is our favorite MK resort!

Oh, and as an added bonus...the WL deluxe CL room is the most affordable deluxe suite with a truly separate sleeping area that I've seen so far! :cool1:

That sounds fantastic. Exactly what we need. WL looks gorgeous. I've never been. I always kept it out of the options because its not on the monorail but I completely forgot about the boat! Sounds perfect. Thank you for your info. I am going to see if we can book that when we are down in August as a bounceback offer. :thanks:

what about the cabins at Fort Wilderness? bedroom has bed plus set of bunks and in living room sofa bed. can put little to be in the bedroom while rest hang in living room until ready for bed when you would pull out sofa. only problem could be only one bathroom. just an idea. plus cabins have full size refrig with freezing unit for freezer packs if looking to take food in parks. ps just a boat ride from MK

The only potential issue with the cabins is a single, relatively small bathroom for larger groups. It might be a non-issue depending on each groups situation.

Personally, I think a 2 bedroom villa at Old Key West could be ideal. PLENTY of stretching room and 2 really well laid out bathrooms. Great swimming pools and an easy boat ride to Disney Springs. The bus transportation loops were frequent and fantastic!

A one bedroom at Bay Lake sounds like what you are looking for. You'd have a bedroom with a king, and then the living area has a queen sleeper sofa and twin sleeper chair. And you'd be walking distance to MK. It's $$$, but you can save a ton of money if you rent DVC points.

The only potential issue with the cabins is a single, relatively small bathroom for larger groups. It might be a non-issue depending on each groups situation.

Personally, I think a 2 bedroom villa at Old Key West could be ideal. PLENTY of stretching room and 2 really well laid out bathrooms. Great swimming pools and an easy boat ride to Disney Springs. The bus transportation loops were frequent and fantastic!
Thank you I will definitely look at OKW. Didn’t even think about that one!

A one bedroom at Bay Lake sounds like what you are looking for. You'd have a bedroom with a king, and then the living area has a queen sleeper sofa and twin sleeper chair. And you'd be walking distance to MK. It's $$$, but you can save a ton of money if you rent DVC points.

I would love to stay at BLT...it’s just all about budget. But it does sound perfect!

Will you need an extra sleeping surface next time? The 2br suites have a ton of space, especially OKW!

OP how do you feel about the Swan and Dolphin? We are in a similar boat as you and wanted to stay deluxe with a fam of 5 and separate sleeping areas. We got a suite at the Dolphin for around $450 a night during spring break. We are here now and love the room, resort and location. But you don't get Disney dining plan or Disney Magical express here if that matters to you. But you are onsite and have access to Disney transportation and get Fastpass booking benefits. We love the Boardwalk area but felt too squeezed in at the Beach club.

If you have lots of lead time you could also rent DVC points. I've heard that mentioned as an option for getting lots of space at a Disney deluxe resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter