Resorts where you cannot see or hear fireworks!

kayrosek

DIS Veteran
Looking for resorts or areas of resorts where the fireworks (when they have them) are imperceptible or nearly so. My husband's a veteran who can get triggered by fireworks and we are seriously considering Disney as a future option for getting away from some of the constant firework noise we get in our neighborhood over the 4th of July. My thought is at least its controlled and we can know when but if I can also give him a quiet safe space then all the better.

Last edited:
Animal Kingdom resorts should be safe since the animals would lose their minds if there were fireworks there.

Other than that Disney Springs area resorts... Port Orleans French Quarter (when open) was really quiet and I loved it there in general. Never stayed at Saratoga but I am assuming the same.

Looking for resorts or areas of resorts where the fireworks (when they have them) are imperceptible or nearly so. My husband's a veteran who can get triggered by fireworks and we are seriously considering Disney as a future option for getting away from some of the constant firework noise we get in our neighborhood. My thought is at least its controlled and we can know when but if I can also give him a quiet safe space then all the better.
Any of the All- Stars, AK, Port Orleans (if they ever reopen) and I would think any of the Disney Springs resorts (including old key west, Saratoga springs snd non Disney owned there.) Probably CSR too, but I'm not 100%.

We've heard them at OKW and SSR. So if you go with a Disney Springs hotel (non-Disney), get one a bit further from the Disney Springs mall area. My suggestion would also be AKL/AKV. But the hotel portion of AKL (Jambo House) isn't open yet and opening hasn't been announced yet.

Deluxe: Animal Kingdom Lodge
Moderate: Coronado Springs
Value: All-Star Movies

Actually if you're in the Tower you can potentially see the HS fireworks.

I'm frankly surprised that there is somewhere on property where you can't hear them considering you can hear them in places off property like houses in Celebration.

If there are fireworks at DHS I would not recommend CSR. We were there a couple times when they had the Star Wars fireworks (once it was a special premiere party when TFA was released and the fireworks were at like 1am) and it was loud enough to wake us up.

Looking for resorts or areas of resorts where the fireworks (when they have them) are imperceptible or nearly so. My husband's a veteran who can get triggered by fireworks and we are seriously considering Disney as a future option for getting away from some of the constant firework noise we get in our neighborhood over the 4th of July. My thought is at least its controlled and we can know when but if I can also give him a quiet safe space then all the better.
Animal Kingdom Lodge, both Kidani Village and Jambo house. No fireworks ever because of the animals.

Not resort related, but a word of caution - when they do the stage shows in front of the castle at the Magic Kingdom, they set off firework bursts even during the day, so depending on when you go and what has started operating again, that is something to keep in mind. When the show is operating, it runs on a schedule, so you can find it in the times guide, and at least have some advance preparation in case it is triggering for him. Obviously that may not be a factor if you're planning for this July, but since things are changing daily, I thought I'd mention it.

And I echo everyone saying AKL for your resort.

Have fun planning your trip!! I hope you have a magical visit!

Definitely AKL, but you would need to rent DVC points at this time.

You can book DVC rooms for cash through Disney World website and 407-WDISNEY. Not all DVC rooms are available at all times. But you do not have to rent points to stay in DVC rooms at Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo House and Kidani Village.

My vote is AK if you are looking for a deluxe resort. I have heard them at SSR and OKW. If you're looking at AK, I would encourage Jambo over Kidani.

Even though Shades of green is sort of close to MK , unfortunately for us we could not see it hear them.... we tried multiple nights.

I'd also suggest brining some good noise canceling headphones just in case you happen upon a show, etc. that might have loud noises.
I completely agree with this recommendation. My son (he has autism) was always terrified of fireworks and having the noise protection ear muffs helped him so much. Not headphones that play music. Just for cancelling sound. You can find them easily at Amazon, Walmart and similar stores. I’m sure Lowe’s or Home Depot have them too. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter