Rest day breakfast

disneydietitian

Earning My Ears
We will be heading to Riviera in about 6 weeks. There is one day that we will be moving from a studio to a 1 BR and no park passes that day. My plan for that day was to have Topolino's breakfast and then head to the monorail loop to see Christmas decorations until our room is ready. However, I have not been able to get Topolino's. I know about the walk-up option but I have also heard you would be seated in the bar/lounge area and the characters don't come in there. I don't really know if I want to bank on this option and pay for character dining if we don't really get the full effect. Maybe a reservation would open up closer to time, as well. However, I wondered what other recommendations would be. As of right now, my available choices would be Ale & Compass, Cape May Cafe, Grand Floridian Cafe, Olivia's, Steakhouse 71, Trattoria Al Forno, and Whispering Canyon. Thanks!

I would suggest signing up for a dining alert service to see if you can snag Topolino's if someone cancels their reservation. If that doesn't work, since you are going to the monorail resorts, I would choose something over there - Grand Floridian Cafe or Steakhouse. Or, consider going to Whispering Canyon so you can see the WL decorations first and then tour the monorail resorts.

I did a walkup and was seated in the restaurant area- not the bar. Not only is Topolino's the best breakfast on property, its the best value on property in my opinion. The price is WAY lower than other character dining and the food is amazing. You can order unlimited entrees and try everything. Most character dining food is terrible (looking at you Chef Mickey's).

Of your other options I would vote for Grand Floridian Cafe or Steakhouse 71. Lower prices, but the food is not on the same par.

Topolino's breakfast is outstanding if you can get it. But if you can't, I love breakfast at Ale & Compass. They have a nice buffet option of sides -- you order an entree but then for maybe ~$5-10 more you get access to a buffet with fruit, breads, pastries, yogurt, granola etc. The EPCOT area resorts are lovely, especially at holiday.

I say whichever is easiest to get to! For me my rest day is planned for Ale & Compass breakfast!! The reviews are great. reasonable price some gourmet options..Im looking at you chocolate waffles!!

Last edited:

The wilderness lodge is always beautiful at Christmas time. So if you are headed that way, you might want to have breakfast there or at the GFC. Otherwise, I really like breakfast at ale and compass.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter