Rest In Peace Josh @ easyWDW

disneyworldsk

DIS Veteran
I am very sad to have read that one of our fellow community members in our Disney family passed away. Josh, from easyWDW, passed away March 10th. I read about it on his forums groups at:
https://easywdwforums.com/threads/joshs-obituary-announcement.41787/
what a very sad day for their family and close friends. My condolences to those who are grieving his tragic loss. And for all of us Disney fans, I appreciate his passion for Disney, his love of the community, may his memory to all be a blessing. Love you all, hug each other tighter tonight....

I'm very sad to see this news. He was so very helpful and I too would laugh out loud at his funny posts. May he rest in peace and many prayers to his family and friends.

So devastated to hear this news. He was one of my favorites and had the best sense of humor. He will certainly be missed. RIP Josh.

He had such a way with words. I was hopeful when he began posting again but I was very worried when weeks went by without a new post. I loved his dry wit, his passing is such a loss to the Disney community.

Last edited:
😞 We had a candlelight processional dinner together with my family a few moons ago. He was such a nice guy. My condolences to the family.

I'm going to say this and it might make people mad, but whatever. I was thinking it right before hearing this news -- promise! Reach out to the single people in your life. This pandemic has been brutal for me personally, and I'm sure it has for others too. My social life was destroyed and the prospect of rebuilding is very daunting.

I know there was no word about what happened, so just take it as a good idea, no matter what!

That out of the way...

RIP Josh. I had the pleasure of meeting him in the parks and sharing a few drinks with him at the Nomad Lounge. I will seriously miss his sense of humor with his Disney writing. This is awful.

Never met him, but followed him on twitter and read his blog forever. His passing is effecting me the same way Bob's did so many years ago. they feel like family because their genuineness shines through. RIP Josh.

Heartbreaking news. I was a huge fan of Josh’s blog and lived by his advice. His festival booth reviews were hysterical too. Such a smart, witty guy. I knew he had been ill but was hopeful to see him posting again…such a tragic loss.

I'm going to say this and it might make people mad, but whatever. I was thinking it right before hearing this news -- promise! Reach out to the single people in your life. This pandemic has been brutal for me personally, and I'm sure it has for others too. My social life was destroyed and the prospect of rebuilding is very daunting.

I know there was no word about what happened, so just take it as a good idea, no matter what!

That out of the way...

RIP Josh. I had the pleasure of meeting him in the parks and sharing a few drinks with him at the Nomad Lounge. I will seriously miss his sense of humor with his Disney writing. This is awful.
You have us, hop on our boards anytime and we will love you unconditionally. I wish you good health in every way and find professionally help if you need it. Love, love, love....

I came across this news this morning. Sad and devastated. His wit, charm, snark, and generosity shone through his writing. With apologies to our hosts here, he was the only WDW content creator I ever followed regularly.
The world feels less crowded today.
If you know you know.

I don't post here much any more, but wanted to say just how hard this hits. He was the only blogger I read- he was brutally honest but that unwavering love for Disney would raise it's head just often enough that you never doubted how he really felt. He was sarcastic, witty and hilariously funny. He was more than a blogger. He was a talented writer and one I will miss for a very long time. So much has been lost in the last 2 years and this is one of the harder ones.

I don't post here much any more, but wanted to say just how hard this hits. He was the only blogger I read- he was brutally honest but that unwavering love for Disney would raise it's head just often enough that you never doubted how he really felt. He was sarcastic, witty and hilariously funny. He was more than a blogger. He was a talented writer and one I will miss for a very long time. So much has been lost in the last 2 years and this is one of the harder ones.
i agree. can't get it out of my mind today.

Agreed. I didn't know him personally, but I read everything he wrote, so I kinda felt that I knew him. His writing was so honest and spot-on. A true loss.

Thank you @disneyworldsk. This is a great forum.

Yes, I'm still very sad today. Every time I went to an Epcot festival, I would read up on all of his booth reviews. I'm going to feel so directionless next time. Is there another Josh doing reviews out there? Maybe I can replace that level of honesty, but the sense of humor too -- that feels like an impossible ask.

To the best of my knowledge, I've never seen, nor read, anything by this man. However - the sheer outpouring of admiration and affection I've seen coming through every form of social media in the last few days has been amazing. Says a LOT both about the obvious character of this man, and the Disney community itself. I mourn with, and for, all of you who lost someone special in your lives.
I can only hope I will leave as big a mark, and as deep, loving, and happy of a legacy, as he apparently has. RIP, Josh.

Last edited:

Yes, I'm still very sad today. Every time I went to an Epcot festival, I would read up on all of his booth reviews. I'm going to feel so directionless next time. Is there another Josh doing reviews out there? Maybe I can replace that level of honesty, but the sense of humor too -- that feels like an impossible ask.
of course every site and individual are unique. sometimes I view reviews from Princess and the Bear on youtube. no clue who is honest of course until you try it yourself!

Lots of bloggers do booth reviews, but as you said, none of them do it quite like Josh. An impossible ask indeed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter