Restaurant at MK Resort

Ok, now I may have to consider the wave. How far is the walk? Is it closer than if we just parked in the MK parking lot? I just remember the walk to the parking lot at MK to be forever! Not something I really want to do at 1:00am!

It's a 5 - 15 minute walk depending on how fast you are. It is so much more convenient than parking at TTC. With Contemporary, you literally exit MK, take a left, walk past the bus area, cross a street, walk a short path and you are at CR. If you park at TTC, you'll have to take a monorail or ferry just to get to the parking lot and then get to your car. We just stayed at CR for two nights last weekend specifically because we were attending the Christmas party. It doesn't get more convenient than walking to CR after a party.

If you are looking for a combination of good food and atmosphere I would not really consider The Wave. The food is very good, but there is nothing special about the atmosphere. I think either of your two choices are better options. I would pick Ohana, but the Poly is our favorite resort and it is a must do for us every trip. My older kids, now 19 and 14, have loved it since they were younger than your two. My youngest (8) is very picky and doesn't eat any of the food, but they did bring him chicken nuggets and fries.

As someone else mentioned I would just park at the TTC. You can walk over for dinner and take the ferry back after the event. If you do decide on WC, you would take a bus back, the boats will not be running.

I don't know what kind of after hours event you are attending, but if it is anything like the Halloween or Christmas parties, your special event starts at 7 PM but you can actually go into the park at 4 PM. You might want to double check your event to confirm how early you can get into the park. That might change when/where you want to have dinner.

Whispering Canyon is a phenomenal restaurant, the kids will absolutely adore it. The servers are hilarious, the food is much more kid friendly than Ohana. The Poly is a fun resort, and Ohana is a great meal, but Whispering Canyon is amazing at its price point and something that will be much more memorable (imo and in my experience as both an adult and teen doing both) for the whole family. But Ohana is great as well, the food is amazing and the atmosphere is exciting. Just my 2 cents

Most certainly the Wave or the Gran Floridian cafe'. We have been twice to Ohana this past October and the first time it was lovely so much so that we went a second time a week after. But the second time the food was just awful the noodles were sickening sweet, so much sugar, the chicken and beef were burnt and the shrimps had not been marinated properly, the bread was cold and the dessert wasn't really very good either. The food at the Wave was fantastic especially the bacon and eggs dish. Also the Gran Floridian Cafe was lovely. I wouldn't risk Ohana anymore

I would do kona at the Poly. I feel like the price, a la carte menu option for picky eaters, and the experience of enjoying the poly, view of Cinderella’s castle on the grounds and ease of monorail are all pros.

I have only eaten at Chef Mickey’s at the Contemporary, so I am no help with restaurant choices there, but I just walked over to MK from there last weekend and I really didn’t think it was far at all. Then you wouldn’t have to worry about crowds taking boat/monorail at end of night

Last edited:
The other great thing about going to the MK from the CR is that the bag check is on the way from the resort to the park so you don’t have to go thru bag check at the park. Love love love that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter