Restaurant.com??

denily

Mouseketeer
Anyone order from them? I'm thinking about getting a few gift certificates for gifts...but I'm a little leary. The 80% off deal seems too good to be true.

I've done it several times. We have a limited choice of restaurants, so it's only been two that we have used them for, but the restaurants both gladly accepted them. There are a few restrictions..you have to spend a certain dollar amount ($35 to use the $25 GC) and you must tip on the total bill. It says you can't include alcolhol, but the Mexican restaurant we go to let us.. It says you can't use it on Friday..:confused3 Other than that, I can't think of the rest..they are not significant. I think you can pull up a copy of the GC before purchasing.

It is a great deal! We have gotten 2 appetizers, 2 kids meals, 2 adult fajitas, 4 soft drinks for less than $20 including tax, tip, and cost of GC.

The people on the Freebie thread have been using these for awhile.

I agree with the pp. I have used them and received a great meal for 3 kids and 2 adults and it only cost me $20!!!

I was leary too until someone on this board assured me it was legit. And it is. As long as you can print the certificates at home and you read the limitations, like mine last night could not be used on weekends and with minimum $50 food purchase. And you can pay by PayPal. The one I used last night I used with the 80% code and so I only paid $2 for a $25 gift certificate. The restaurant took it no questions asked! I will definitely do it again but like the pp said, there aren't that many restaurants in my area listed and you can't use more than one per month per restaurant. Don't worry! Altho, I can't see using these as gifts since they do have limitations unlike a regular gift card and it's just a print out.

We use them all the time and never have any trouble. Just make sure you read the print on your selection - the minimum you need to spend and what days of the week you can use it.

I gave one as a gift to my aunt and uncle who live in Orlando and I sent them the gift certificate along with $20 to pay for the tip and towards the balance.

I use them just about WEEKLY. I have two kids and my gf has a 15yo teenaged walking talking vacuum cleaner and we save a fortune eating out on those certs! :thumbsup2

I agree, I wouldn't give them as gifts unless it's someone you know very well and they wouldn't mind the limitations. We have used them several times, but some of them have date restrictions, no alcohol and must spend $xx in order to get $xx off.

I know that the last time I bought them you couldn't use more than 1 every 30 days. It would be terrible if you gave them to more than 1 person and the second certificate was denied.

It depends on the restaurant. My mexican restaurant didn't turn us down when we used 2 within a couple of weeks. But how could they even keep track of that? They are good for one year from purchase. The hard thing to is when you have more than one outstanding..trying to keep track of which ones you have used..at least for unorganized me it is.

I agree, not really a great gifting idea. Too complicated to explain for a gift.

Just would like to add that last night was the second time I have redeemed a certificate. Earlier in the day I phoned the restaurant to ask if they were still taking the coupons since they had recently changed ownership. The young lady told me No. I wasn't going to call customer service as the coupon only cost me $1.80 as I got it with the 80% off code. I decided what the heck and I called just to tell them of their decision to not honor the coupon not looking for reimbursement. The rep (Maddy) was extremely nice, and couldn't understand why they said no since they just spoke to the place on the 11/5. She immediately called me back and said that the young lady was mistaken as she was new and they would definately honor the coupon. My DH and I had a wonderful dinner and will definately return. (BTW, we could tell our waitress was the one I spoke with and was definately new.) What a deal:banana:

I just tried to use the site for the first time. It ask for my discount count. I typed in SURPRISE and clicked Aply and nothing happened. On the final page the discount was still not applied so I gave up.

Did I do something wrong?

You have to register on the site before you can use the code. There is no charge to register and this assures you that you'll receive an email from them when they have specials.

You have to register on the site before you can use the code. There is no charge to register and this assures you that you'll receive an email from them when they have specials.
I did that and it just doesn't work. If it's not me, maybe it's my browser. I'll try one more time with IE.

Thanks.

It depends on the restaurant. My mexican restaurant didn't turn us down when we used 2 within a couple of weeks. But how could they even keep track of that? They are good for one year from purchase. The hard thing to is when you have more than one outstanding..trying to keep track of which ones you have used..at least for unorganized me it is.

I agree, not really a great gifting idea. Too complicated to explain for a gift.

I think they go by calendar month. So you could use one the end of November and then again the beginning of December at the same place.

I bought $100 worth for $25 a few years ago and gave them to my Mom as part of her Mother's Day gift. I wish I would have researched a little more. Essentially, they are coupons, not gift certificates, so it usually requires that they spend more money over the amount of the certificate. Not much of a "gift".

They are a good deal for our own dining out and it has saved us money that way.

I bought $100 worth for $25 a few years ago and gave them to my Mom as part of her Mother's Day gift. I wish I would have researched a little more. Essentially, they are coupons, not gift certificates, so it usually requires that they spend more money over the amount of the certificate. Not much of a "gift".

They are a good deal for our own dining out and it has saved us money that way.
I still think it is a "gift" when they are for restaurants that are a bit pricey. Here in Miami we have Los Ranchos which is a steakhouse whose special is the juciest churrasco I've ever had. I went with my DFi and spent almost $60 on just 2 churrasco dinners and 2 sodas.

The halloween code was also 80% off so I bought $200 worth of certificates to the restaurant for xmas gifts. The minimum is $50 to use the GC but at $20 a piece for churrasco plus sodas and dessert/coffee totalling $60+ it's a great deal!

Maybe for cheap restaurants it's not such a great gift but for the pricey ones where dinner for 2 is $50+ I think it's great!

Do they mail the certificate to you or do you have to print them out?

Sorry I am a little confused by this, so you have to spend a minimum of say 50.00, then do they apply the 25.00 off of that? I am not sure how this works and I am thinking of getting a few of these as they are such a great price, just want to make sure I know exactly how they work? Thanks for any help :confused3

We have used them several times with no problem. I used to get the entertainment book, but over the years they have featured less and less restaurants (and more and more fast food type places.) Restaurant.com allows us to pick restaurants we like or that interest us and save a good amount of $!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter