Restaurant Issues at DLR

merina888

Mouseketeer
My family just made our first trip to the Disneyland Resort. We are WDW veterans. We ran into a problem at Ariel's Grotto Restaurant in DCA. My daughter has congenital heart defect as well as sensory processing disorder. She tends to overheat so we use table service meals to give her a chance to cool off and rest. Ariel's Grotto has indoor and outdoor tables. They start seating inside and move outside. They don't ask for preference or need. We knew none of this when we made the reservation. We were among the last seated and ended up outside despite our request to be seated inside due to her medical issues. I got nowhere with management. We were fortunate that my daughter was ok. However I feel like Guest Services needs to be told since I could see this causing major problems for guests with medical issues. There is no where indicating how they do seating or a way to make a notation on the reservation. Does anyone have the email address for Guest Services? Any other suggestions? Thank you!

I would suggest using the email form on the Disneyland website.
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/help/email/

I looked at the listing for the restaurant and did not see anything specific to indicate they have both indoor and outdoor seating. It sounds like if you had known that, you might have chosen not to make a reservation for that location.
I can see that it probably would not work to have a spot for preference on the reservation form because people would expect to get their preference. There are also few restaurants with both indoor and outdoor, so it is probably not part of the form.
If they start out placing people indoors and then place outdoors when they run out of tables, the indoor tables are probably 'higher demand'. That might also be why they don't ask when you check in, but it would have been nice to know when you checked in that there was a chance you would be outside; at that point, you could have possibly gotten options (wait extra time for a chance to be inside, etc.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter