• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Restaurant Marrakesh- opinions/thoughts

DisneyFairy19

Disney Bride 10-4-08!!! Annual Passholder!!! Been
Hello- DH and I heading to WDW for a week in September for F&WF and MNSSHP with our little one. thankfully my parents will be with us to allow us time to have a great anniversary dinner just us 2. I have been to most Epcot restaurants and Marrekesh is one that I have been wanting to try.

Anyone ever been?!? How did you like the food and ambience???

Thank you

Food's all-right. A little bland though for my taste. As for as atmosphere, it sounds like you're looking for something a little romantic? Well it's not. Matter of fact, it's brightly lit and very busy. Try Tutto Italia, maybe Le Cellier.

We enjoy Marrakesh. The food is not bland, IMO. Everything I've ever eaten here has been good. They have a belly dancer and two musicians. It's a fun place to eat, and the desserts are to die for. Interestingly, I find Tutto Italia overpriced and bland. I think it's way overrated for what they're serving.

My sister-in-law took her family (group of 10) to WDW last October semi-last minute and made no ADRs ahead of time. Restaurant Marrakesh was about the only place they could get into, so I'm guessing that speaks to the popularity of it. Out of their group of 10, 9 of them did not care for it and the 1 that did like it got a lamb dish I believe.

For a special date night, we'd be more inclined to go with a restaurant that gets more consistent reviews.

The food is ok, but just ok for us. As a PP it's not very romantic basically being a large rectangular space and fairly bright. It's ok but not a place we'll return to with all the better options on site.

We have been there twice. First time, in 2006, it was much better than last year. For a special anniversary dinner I would think not, but then, everybody likes something different.

Do you like Middle Eastern food? It's a bland version of that.

It is brightly lit. The belly dancers are kinda fun. Our server was very sweet, and attentive. 2.5 Stars out of 5, maybe. I just would think there are better places to go on your anniversary. Maybe do Marakesh with everyone?

For our anniversary this year (in December) we chose California Grill at 9 pm for the fireworks view. Last year we ate at San Angel Inn on our anniversary and were given an awesome table by the water. The food was good, the service good.

Thank you everyone for your opinions. Out of all the Epcot restaurants we have not been to are the following:

Akershus
Beirgarten (we always get a brat and beer outside of the restaurant)
Tutto Italia
Restauarant Marrakesh

So whether we stay at Marrakesh or not we want to cross off one of these from our list...lol

Thanks again:thumbsup2

Thank you everyone for your opinions. Out of all the Epcot restaurants we have not been to are the following: Akershus Beirgarten (we always get a brat and beer outside of the restaurant) Tutto Italia Restauarant Marrakesh So whether we stay at Marrakesh or not we want to cross off one of these from our list...lol Thanks again:thumbsup2

1. Akershus: I've only done breakfast- can't speak for the Norwegian food served at lunch and dinner. It's a princess dinner.

2. Biergarten is served family style, so you'll be seated at a table with strangers.

3. Tutto Italia- I loved it the first time we went, but feel like the food has slipped. It's very pricey for what it is.

We really do like Marrakesh. It has availability because many people are leery of stepping outside the box and trying different foods. My in-laws have been to Disney ten plus times, and would never try it. We made them try it in February and they loved it. Out of the ones you haven't tried, I think as a couple, you'd like RM or TI the best.

I think from your list that Tutto Italia has the best atmosphere, especially for date night. We're trying Biergarten for the first time next trip. It gets rave reviews, but you sit at communal tables which IMO is not ideal for date night when you may want to be alone and just chat with your partner.

Have you done Spice Road Table? That's the newer restaurant in Morocco and may be an alternative to Marrakesh.

1. Akershus: I've only done breakfast- can't speak for the Norwegian food served at lunch and dinner. It's a princess dinner.

2. Biergarten is served family style, so you'll be seated at a table with strangers.

3. Tutto Italia- I loved it the first time we went, but feel like the food has slipped. It's very pricey for what it is.

We really do like Marrakesh. It has availability because many people are leery of stepping outside the box and trying different foods. My in-laws have been to Disney ten plus times, and would never try it. We made them try it in February and they loved it. Out of the ones you haven't tried, I think as a couple, you'd like RM or TI the best.

Thank you Aurora0427- My husband and I love Mediterranean foods.. Last time we were at Epcot which was for Mothers Day weekend we saw the Sprice Road Table, which we are planning to eat there as a lunch some time during our trip in Sept...

Thank you again for your opinions... I am actually looking forward to it and if I dont like it at least I can vouch for that:goodvibes

Thank you Aurora0427- My husband and I love Mediterranean foods.. Last time we were at Epcot which was for Mothers Day weekend we saw the Sprice Road Table, which we are planning to eat there as a lunch some time during our trip in Sept... Thank you again for your opinions... I am actually looking forward to it and if I dont like it at least I can vouch for that:goodvibes

You're welcome, Disney fairy! If you like Mediterranean food, you'll love it! Get the baklava! Have a great trip!

I think from your list that Tutto Italia has the best atmosphere, especially for date night. We're trying Biergarten for the first time next trip. It gets rave reviews, but you sit at communal tables which IMO is not ideal for date night when you may want to be alone and just chat with your partner.

Have you done Spice Road Table? That's the newer restaurant in Morocco and may be an alternative to Marrakesh.

Yes. We saw the Spice Road table after our lunch in Sommerfest in Germany. Which is why we headed back to RM to see the inside and take a look at the menu and we decided to have an anniversay dinner there... We also have reservation that week at Le Cellier which is one of may faves...

Tried it twice and twice didn't like it.
Only okay and any vegetables are cooked to death....not my taste at all.

We liked it :goodvibes:goodvibes I don't know why it gets such bad reviews on here, but we enjoyed the food and the atmosphere. I loved the belly dancers!

Food was okay, ambiance wasn't romantic if that's what your looking for. They have a belly dancer for entertainment she brings the kids to dance with her. I probably wouldn't go back unless I was taking someone else.

Thank you everyone for your opinions. Out of all the Epcot restaurants we have not been to are the following:

Akershus
Beirgarten (we always get a brat and beer outside of the restaurant)
Tutto Italia
Restauarant Marrakesh

So whether we stay at Marrakesh or not we want to cross off one of these from our list...lol

Thanks again:thumbsup2

Our only must do's on your list are Marrakesh and Biergarten. Love them both for unique food, atmosphere and music/entertainment. Better food than the other two, plus seemed more 'Disney special, Magical' than the others . ..at least to us.
Wherever you go sure hope you have a great time!

:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter