Restaurant Marrakesh

danny1649

<font color=green>Will be wearing some lime green<
Would this be a good choice for the dinner portion of a Candlelight Processional package?We've have never dined here and would like to hear some comments from those who have.:earsboy: :wave: :earsgirl: :sunny:

We have not eaten there for CP, but we have always really enjoyed our melas at Marrakesh. Very good food and service, relaxing and fun.

Our favorite Disney restaurant. Food isn't too spicy, but very good. Service is excellent. Belly dancer is nice.

Good food, good service, pretty restaurant. I'd recommend it to anyone. :)

http://www.***********.com/1017d0110.jpg

I have more pictures of Marrakesh HERE.

Yes we love it. ***********'s picture is a definite added bonus. Funny though, my wife doesn't see the same entertainment value....:teeth:

The only thing I would add is that if you are already familiar with Moroccan food, you may be a bit disappointed in what you get at Marrakesh. It's still good, but a little different from what I've had at other Moroccan restaurants.

Whoa!!!! I don't recall our belly dancer looking quite like that! I thought ours wore a black, less revealing outfit! :D

Anyway, we had a lovely dinner there without our children. Our server was very nice, be sure to engage them in conversation. We found out some interesting facts about Morocco and the program that brings the young people to WDW. Our server also recommended a nice Moroccan wine to go with our meal.

we ate there on our honeymoon. my DH LOVES middle eastern foods and customs so i promised him that we'd try it. i wasn't crazy about eating there at first. i just didn't think that i would like anything there. between my DH and our server, they convinced me to try one of the "feast" deals. while i wasn't fond of everything, i will say that overall, the food was pretty good! and we had a great server...she was very patient with us and explained the foods and would answer whatever questions we had. she also gave us a cookbook as a wedding gift! i believe her name was Meriam. or something like that...we ate there for a late lunch so we didn't see the belly dancer.

i wouldn't hesitate to eat there again though! i found something on the menu that i know that i would enjoy...

If you go I recommend asking for a table by the dance floor. The first time there we were seated there and had a great time. On our next visit we were in the 'upper deck' and the restaurant lost some of it's appeal.

For all your replys I think we will give it a try.I'm going to get a table near dance floor for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:earsboy: :wave: :earsgirl:

DH and I enjoy Marrakesh. It is one of our favorites. It is also so close to the CP performance area and a very comfortable place to dine. The belly dancer interacts with the audience alot but, if this is not your thing, you can dine at a time when she is not performing. Check the schedule when making your reservation.

Danny, it looks like you will be there the same time that we will!

its true about the interaction --- once my brother (10 y/o @ the time) and i were invited to have a belly dancing lesson... it was quite fun... lol

and the food is really amazing, too... i don't know why but i absolutly LUV the bread they serve as an apetizer... its delicious!

When does the belly dancer perform? That's the one thing that really prevents me from trying this restaurant. It's really not my thing at all although I'm sure I'd like the food.

Louise

I love Restaurant Marrakesh. Here is my review:

The soul of Morocco is certainly captured in one of World Showcase’s best dining venues. With the feel of a lavish palace, its lace-like walls, carved columns, and graceful arches are interspersed with vibrant mosaic tiles and a lofty inlaid ceiling. Gracious waiters in colorful silk clothing and fez hats work the 2-tiered dining room around the hip-wiggling belly dancer and Middle Eastern musicians; it’s even more entertaining when some of the audience gets involved. The Moroccan cuisine is appetizing with its many exotic spices and delicate accompanying couscous that’s part of each meal. Choosing a dish is difficult so take a crack at one of the combination meals offering a little of everything. This is one of the best and certainly the most authentic attempts in Epcot to re-create the atmosphere of international dining.

Tip: This is usually an easy place to dine without reservations.

Sample Menu Items

Lunch and Dinner Entrees: Marrakesh Feast and the Royal Feast (family-style meal with a sampling of appetizers, entrees, and dessert from the entire menu); ; Roasted Lamb; Shish Kebab of Beef; Lemon Chicken (braised half chicken seasoned with garlic, green olives, and preserved lemons); Broiled Salmon marinated in Moroccan herbs & spices; Vegetable Couscous

I mean you folks are great all the wonderful replys and great information.That's why I love the the Dis.Thanks I appreiate all those who took the time to post a reply.Did I say you're all great!!!!!!!:wave:

We ate at Marrakkesh on our March trip for lunch. We just picked it on a whim and I'm glad we did. The food was really good and even though the restaraunt was almost empty the belly dancer was still there and performed. My bf had the berber feast and he really enjoyed it even though he is not much of an adventurous eater.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter