Restaurant Marrakesh

sjw4870

DIS Veteran
I'm a pretty adventurous eater but I've never eaten Morrocan cuisine. I was thinking of giving Restaurant Marrakesh a try. Any opinions on this place?

We ate there in August. My dd, 10, is very, ah...discriminating, when it comes to eating. So, we were a little concerned about what she would be able to eat. She had some plain grilled lemon chicken. She wanted a cheeseburger but was told, quite nicely, by our server that it is against the Morrocan culture to eat cheese. So, adding cheese to her burger wasn't possible. Dh and I wonderful food tho. I had a terrific Beef ShiKabob and dh has roast lamb. Yummy. It wasn't crowded, empty in fact. We loved it there and will be going back again. Oh, my dh had what he called the 'most delicious iced-tea' he has ever tasted there.

Great food, great atmosphere and if you time it right, you see belly dancing while you eat! :teeth:

Great food!! If you like Indian, Ethiopean, Middle Eastern, etc., you're sure to love it!!

I think you will be able to find something you like there - we were there last year and really enjoyed both the meal and the entertainment.

goofy4tink's DH is right - the iced tea is wonderful. It is mint iced tea and is wonderfully refreshing!

We ate there twice on our trip last December...

We LOVED it!

The food was great and even my VERY picky eater tried a little bit of everything and enjoyed it.

It was not crowded even when we went again in July...we just walked right in and got seated.

We tried it in June and all loved it. My 13 year old ds is VERY picky about what he will and won't try and even he ate some of everything. We all especially loved the beef rolls. They sound a little weird; beef on the inside with cinnimon and sugar on the outside, but the were so good! I highly recomend Restaurant Marekesh.

YUM YUM YUM!

My fave WS restaurant!!!!!!!!!

We tried the feasts, I think is what they are called, to get a sampling of everything and it was great! We also enjoyed watching the belly dancer and band!!

Originally posted by goofy4tink
We ate there in August. My dd, 10, is very, ah...discriminating, when it comes to eating. So, we were a little concerned about what she would be able to eat. She had some plain grilled lemon chicken. She wanted a cheeseburger but was told, quite nicely, by our server that it is against the Morrocan culture to eat cheese. So, adding cheese to her burger wasn't possible. Dh and I wonderful food tho. I had a terrific Beef ShiKabob and dh has roast lamb. Yummy. It wasn't crowded, empty in fact. We loved it there and will be going back again. Oh, my dh had what he called the 'most delicious iced-tea' he has ever tasted there.

My hubby is Moroccan infact i met him while he was working for disney in the international program. There is no cultural prohibition to eating cheese they probably didnt have any.Now if you asked for a ham sandwich thats a diffferent story...

The MOST BEAUTIFUL of all of the EPCOT restaurants, and there will be something on the menu that you like. Go and have a great time.

we ate there very close to closing one night in the middle of a horrific rainstorm. The food was okay--but we had eaten at Jiko's the night before, and it tasted "mass produced" compared to Jiko's careful preparation.

Our problem was with the service. We had been told the belly dancer was participatory, and our little girl was so excited to try it. It turns out she invites girls up on stage, and our DD was not selected, which ruined the meal.

Our DS is allergic to milk and nuts, and Morroco was the only restaurant which just brought out a laminated card with food listed which was "safe" for all food allergies--so my son had only choices which were also wheat and other allergen free, which was more specific than he needed. The server, the chef and the manager all got downright snappish when I tried to press to a wider range of food for him.

Again, it was almost closing and the mother ofall rainstorms was going on outside. We would probably give them another chance, but it wasn't as wonderful as we'd been looking forward to.

Just enjoyed Marrekesh last week. We highly enjoyed it We had the Sultan Sampler and the Marrekesh feast. The Lamb Meshoui (sp) was really good. My kids really enjoyed the cous cous and vegetables. Oh and the Jasmina salad was really good and refreshing. I wish I had tried the mint ice tea.. I heard it was delicious.

On our last trip, we went to Marrakesh. Both my husband and I agreed it was our best meal we had on that trip.

I just love their food. I always get the sampler so I can get some of everything. Our kids really like it also, especially the grilled chicken which is similar to tandoori or tika.

And last time we went, our daughter went out with some other little girls and danced with the belly dancer. Lots of great video and she still talks about it.

A very enjoyable meal and never crowded (which in a way is a shame because it is so good).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter