Restaurant rec MCO - PC

Ravenne

Queen is never late everyone else is simply early
Anyone have any good, moderately ($30ish or under entree for dinner) priced Cuban or Latin-Caribbean restaurant recommendations between MCO and PC for dinner? QS or TS, it doesn't matter.

I'm open to other cuisines as well, so if you have some place you really love, I'd love to hear about it.

Also, any recommendations for dinner in the PC area? I know Fishlips is there, but I don't mind driving a little bit either. How is Fishlips for food?

Any other recommendations for something laid back and moderately priced?

I'm looking for a place to grab some dinner after my flight lands en route to PC, and a place for dinner while in PC, or Cocoa Beach area.

(I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.) My memory is that there's not much of anything really between MCO and PC: just a few things right near MCO, then very little for the drive, then a town again when you get to PC. Your best bet might be to drive backward about 15 minutes toward Orlando, where there should be a ton of options (that 30 minutes extra driving might yield a lot more options for you). Right near the airport there are chain restaurants near the airport hotels, which would not really be out of the way, but don't sound like what you're going for (there might be other places there, also, but it seemed like all chains). Or, wait until Port Canaveral (where there are a few options, though not many; not sure any are Cuban/Latin-Caribbean in PC, though).

In PC, we ate at Kelsey's (Italian food/pizza) and liked it. It's a casual sit-down restaurant - it was laid back and moderately priced. Overall nothing spectacular, but we were happy with it, and our kids ate there (which is our biggest constraint on family trips...). There are just a few places in PC itself: besides Fishlips, there are a couple of other nearby seafood places on the water, and then a few places (like Kelsey's) in the town. I think Cocoa Beach has quite a bit more, but I don't know much about it.

(I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.) My memory is that there's not much of anything really between MCO and PC: just a few things right near MCO, then very little for the drive, then a town again when you get to PC. Your best bet might be to drive backward about 15 minutes toward Orlando, where there should be a ton of options (that 30 minutes extra driving might yield a lot more options for you). Right near the airport there are chain restaurants near the airport hotels, which would not really be out of the way, but don't sound like what you're going for (there might be other places there, also, but it seemed like all chains). Or, wait until Port Canaveral (where there are a few options, though not many; not sure any are Cuban/Latin-Caribbean in PC, though).

In PC, we ate at Kelsey's (Italian food/pizza) and liked it. It's a casual sit-down restaurant - it was laid back and moderately priced. Overall nothing spectacular, but we were happy with it, and our kids ate there (which is our biggest constraint on family trips...). There are just a few places in PC itself: besides Fishlips, there are a couple of other nearby seafood places on the water, and then a few places (like Kelsey's) in the town. I think Cocoa Beach has quite a bit more, but I don't know much about it.

Thank you!
Yeah, in looking at the map, there isn't much between MCO and PC. I don't mind driving west, out of the way a bit, but maybe not clear the way to Tampa or anything lol.

In PC, we ate at Kelsey's (Italian food/pizza) and liked it. It's a casual sit-down restaurant - it was laid back and moderately priced. Overall nothing spectacular, but we were happy with it, and our kids ate there (which is our biggest constraint on family trips...).

They delivered right to our hotel, which was great with DH's broken foot.

And also concur, there is really nothing between Orlando and PC.

It is not exactly between MCO and PC and since you are open to other cuisines, I highly recommend Florida Fresh Grill in Cocoa Beach. https://floridasfreshgrill.com/
The staff is great and the food is awesome. I love the Avocado Crab Tower.
Dining at Florida Fresh Grill is a pre-cruise traditional with my family.
DW and I are looking forward to our next meal at Florida Fresh Grill on October 27.

Enjoy,
glen

Last edited:
We love the fried grouper at Fishlips and try to time our meal so we can watch the cruise ships leave PC. On our last trip, we arrived at Cocoa Beach early, before our room was ready at the Radisson. We had some sandwiches and enjoyed the view while we ate at Jetty Park - small charge to get in. We again visited Fishlips for dinner. Breakfast on cruise day has been hitting the drive through at Mickey D's and driving over to the parking areas near Fishlips to enjoy the view while we eat and see if SpaceX has any ships in the area.

if you head due north out of the airport you're on Semorian and in the first two miles mile north of 528 you'll find a slew of standard chain options: Bonefish, TGI, Cheddars, Chilis, Texas Roadhouse and more .... no need to go west.

Once you turn east to the port there's nothing 'til you get to US-1

At the port Fishlips, Rusty's, Grills (IMO Grills has the best food ... a 12 year resident I've been to 'em all and Grills is where we take visitors) and Gators are all waterside and more similar than different .... and as you continue onto A1A there's plenty more in Canaveral and Cocoa Beach

Grills is our favorite! We always fly in a few days before our cruise and stay near the port but our first stop off the plane is Grills for lunch and our last stop before flying home is Grills for breakfast. Plus a stop or two in between. We are already looking forward to our next visit in May!

There is more than "nothing" on the way. Get off at Narcoossee Rd, go south a few miles, and you'll find the Lake Nona area, which has plenty of restaurants. You can get back on the road taking SR 417 to get back to the Beachline. Or take the south exit out of the airport and get on SR 417 north, then exit on Narcoossee.

We really like Padrino's. It’s a small family chain, with most of the restaurants in South Florida and just the one in Orlando. It’s off of 417 in the hunters Creek area so not far from the airport. Really good food, reasonably priced, and pretty authentic Cuban.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter