Restaurant regrets

ashbash21

Earning My Ears
I know we are all different and have different tastes but we’re there any restaurants you tried that you regretted spending the money on afterwards? Or any that you caution others to steer clear of?

We’ve tried Coral Reef twice because we love aquariums and the idea of the restaurant. But both times the food has been subpar at best, plus it’s pretty pricey. I’d say that’s really the only place that we’ve felt was regrettable. I don’t always love the QS, but it’s not expensive either so doesn’t usually bother me that much

Be our guest dinner in January. They forgot to put cheese on the Mac and cheese for all 3 kids. They fixed it but by time was out kids had already eaten off our plates and we couldn’t convince them to try it again. Basically paid 3 pre fix children meal costs for nothing.

I'm sorry to report that we did not enjoy Liberty Tree Tavern (I know, I know, y'all love it!). We were so excited because we love turkey but it did not hit the spot. Decor & service were nice but we were there for the food & when the salad was the highlight, that's not a great meal that we'd do again. On the other hand, Skipper Canteen was great & we'd definitely go back again! So glad we found a good table service restaurant in MK!

blue zoo.

The issue was mostly service related and peeved me mightily.
Didnt help it was a memorable occasion meal.

Maybe I’ll get over it, maybe I won’t but I haven’t stepped back in the place since the winter holiday season of 2018.

I have two, both of which are pretty popular with just about everyone else!

We had the worst service at Skipper Canteen and were unimpressed with the food. We initially thought our waitress's skipper schtick was being sassy, but as the meal went on, it seemed more and more like she just didn't like us? My sisters and I are very low-maintenance restaurant goers so I can only assume she found us much less valuable to her than the 16-person party she was also tending to. She had to pass our table a lot to get to the other party, but she always walked by as quickly as possible and it took us multiple tries to get her to take our order. When we couldn't get her attention to refill our water glasses, the busboy cleaning the table next to us noticed and went out of his way to refill them for us. And when we were ready to pay our check, she actually put the other table's bill holder up to the side of her face (the side we were on) as she walked by our table, as if to say, "You don't see me/I don't see you." It was very bizarre, and her unwillingness to acknowledge our existence added almost an hour to the time we were expecting to spend at dinner. We ordered the Tastes Like Chicken and whole fried fish and both were dry and bland + the exterior of the fish was inedible. I think our favorite thing was the rice that came with the chicken, which is pretty sad. We definitely should have complained, but we're as nonconfrontational as it gets, so we just decided we'd never go back. It's been a few years now so I'd be surprised if that waitress still worked there, but the disappointing (overpriced) food has ensured SC's status as the only solid nope on our list.

More recently, my sister and I were very excited to try Sanaa after hearing so much about it! We got the bread service and Potjie Inspired (seafood curry + butter chicken add-on, chickpea wat). While we enjoyed the different breads, we were really taken aback by how sweet more than half of the accompaniments were. It's definitely my mistake, but I was expecting the sauces to be more savory. We tried them all multiple times, but the only ones we really made any sort of dent in were the two spicy ones (probably because they masked the sweetness). The Potjie Inspired was tasty, but the curry and chickpea wat were also sweet! Our waiter was great, the quality of the food was good, and we loved the atmosphere of the restaurant, but we have local Indian and Ethiopian restaurants that we much prefer. I wouldn't tell other people not to go, but we won't be returning.

Coral Reef wasn't good. I guess I envisioned eating while fish swam near me and we could watch everything happening in the tank. Instead, we were seated at the table furthest from the tank. I was facing a wall and had to turn over 90 degrees to even see the tank. We could tell there were fish, but were way too far away to actually get a real look at them.

Also, Sci-Fi Drive In. I spent the entire meal looking at the back of my kids heads. The movies were ok, but were on a loop so we ended up watching Sci-Fi reruns by the end of the meal.

I know we are all different and have different tastes but we’re there any restaurants you tried that you regretted spending the money on afterwards? Or any that you caution others to steer clear of?
Ohana and BOG for dinner. Found Ohana very greasy and I actual got sick that evening after eating there. BOG was meh at best and expensive for what you got. This was in 2014. We haven't been back.

I would suggest you look at the menus and see what you are interested in and give things a chance to make up your own mind. You are always going to hear good and bad about any restaurant. There are some we love that others don’t and vice versa.

ABC Commissary. Now, this was quite a few years ago but it's the only time I can recall our family just getting up from a restaurant and leaving hungry. The food was so bad it was basically inedible and we are not picky eaters at all. We'll eat pretty much anything, but this was just awful.

I know they've changed the menu quite a bit recently and I'll admit the food looks pretty good now. I mentioned something to my son that maybe we should give it another try and he looked at me as if I had sprouted an extra head. Nope. He wasn't going for that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter