Restaurant suggestions for Palo Alto and San Fran

lecach

<font color=darkorchid>Will not get out of bed unl
Will be there for a short trip in 2 weeks. Staying in Palo Alto at the Four Seasons. Need a dinner recommendation for Friday night somewhat close to our hotel. I like pretty much any type of food. But probably don't want anything too fancy since we'll be tired after a long day of travel.

Saturday will be in San Francisco all day. Will have a car but considering a hop on hop off bus for sightseeing. Need to eat a fast lunch somewhat close to Fishermans Wharf but then don't have any ideas for dinner. Thought about Sausalito or North Beach maybe?

Any suggestions?

Will be there for a short trip in 2 weeks. Staying in Palo Alto at the Four Seasons. Need a dinner recommendation for Friday night somewhat close to our hotel. I like pretty much any type of food. But probably don't want anything too fancy since we'll be tired after a long day of travel.

Saturday will be in San Francisco all day. Will have a car but considering a hop on hop off bus for sightseeing. Need to eat a fast lunch somewhat close to Fishermans Wharf but then don't have any ideas for dinner. Thought about Sausalito or North Beach maybe?

Any suggestions?

Lunch - Ferry Building Marketplace or Tadich Grill

Dinner - State Bird Provisions or A.Q.

There are plenty of places to eat on the wharf. On the wharf is a place called Boudin's and they have awesome sandwiches with their famous sourdough bread.

Thanks everyone. If anyone has any Palo Alto suggestions we'll be staying at the Four Seasons in East Palo Alto according to my husband.

There isn't much adjacent to the Four Seasons EPA (other than the 101 freeway and Ikea) I have to admit that for all this seems to be a very nice hotel its in a very odd location...and it was just built a few years ago. Not too far to downtown Palo Alto though and lots of options there.

If you enjoy deep dish Chicago style pizza, my recommendation for fairly casual but fantastic would be Patxi's (say Paht-chi's) off University in downtown PA. http://www.patxispizza.com/ Parking will be kind of a challenge on a Friday night down there but not impossible. There are lots of other good options in the area as well. You could always wander around and see what strikes your fancy...at least until you reach hipster overload.

From what I have seen online you are right about the Four Seasons. We didn't pick it - my husbands company did and is paying for it. Would have much preferred staying in San Fran but it wasn't my choice :)

Not within walking distance for the 4 seasons, but good, Evvia, Osteria, and Nola's. There are tons of good restaurants downtown there. You could walk around until you find something you like.

Not within walking distance for the 4 seasons, but good, Evvia, Osteria, and Nola's. There are tons of good restaurants downtown there. You could walk around until you find something you like.

good to know. heading out to that area in a month or two.

OP here

We had dinner at Crepevine in downtown Palo Alto and loved it. The whole downtown was really neat.

I'd always found it odd that they built that Four Seasons where it is, since it's technically in East Palo Alto. It's on the other side of US-101 though from the rest of EPA.

I'd say maybe the Oasis in Menlo Park. It's a dive, but one that's pretty good and welcoming. You just need to understand that it is a dive and everything can take off from there.

I'd be wary of getting lost around the area, since East Palo Alto can be a rough area. Anything further east than the Ikea gets interesting. It's not bad if you stick to the main roads that many take to get to the bridge, but outside of that it's a low-rent area with a reputation for high crime rates.

I live in mountain view, a hop, skip and jump from Palo Alto. Here are a few recommendations:

$$$$
Chez TJ
phenomenal five star 7-9 course meal. Wine or beer pairing with every course.
The Sea
Four to five course with fantastic mixologist. My favorite is the Irish whiskey flight.

$$$
Nola
New Orleans fare.
Pro Bono (on California Street, near the CalTrain Station. A second small downtown)
Italian food
Palo Alto Grill
Their Brussels Spouts glazed in Brown Sugar is to die for!
St Michael's Alley (the one closet to town
Chef Chu's
World renown Chinese restaurant . Check out the plate with the Mickey Mouse drawn and signed by Walt Disney!

$$
Palo Alto Creamery (go to the one nearest downtown)
Amazing milk shakes, desserts and comfort food

$
Rick's Rather Rich Ice Cream
As advertised
Red Rock Cafe
An iconic cafe in the middle of Mountain View where you can buy a hand crafted cup and attend a young entrepreneurs meeting.

Also remember this is Silicon Valley. Check the Foursquare for reviews, be wary of Yelp and make your reservations through Open Table.

I'd be happy to make more recommendations, or ask my hubby whose tastes run more toward the spicy favors

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter