• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Restaurant Variety Advice?

DisneylandDancer

Earning My Ears
My family and I go to the DLR very often, about 1-3 times a month. However, I find that we are always eating at the same restaurants. I know there is a lot of good food out there, but when I'm in the park I don't know how to choose and end up at the same place every time. My family is always at Pizza Port, the Tomorrrowland Terrace the Little Red Wagon, or the Smoke Jumpers Grill (Formerly Jet Pilot's Grill). Does anyone have a specific place that we should try? I want to try all of the best food at Disneyland.

Last edited:
I really liked Taste Pilots' Grill, but I have not eaten there since it turned into SJG.

You could probably get a lot of answers in any of the dining/restaurant-related threads on this forum, and there are new ones that pop up every week!

Do you ever eat at Plaza Inn? That has the famous fried chicken that everyone raves about, which is really good.

What about Tangaroa Terrace at the Disneyland Hotel? It has good food and some interesting menu options.

White Water Snacks at the Grand Californian Hotel? That one gets a lot of good reviews.

Earl of Sandwich in Downtown Disney? What about the Jazz Kitchen Express or La Brea Bakery Express in Downtown Disney?

Many people like the Harbour Galley in Disneyland, as well as the Hungry Bear Restaurant and the French Market.

The River Belle Terrace is pretty good.

I'm just suggesting the counter service/quick service places. If you're open to table service restaurants, that expands the field quite a bit.

Harbor Galley is one of our favorites. I love the stuffed baked potato sand my daughter loves the empty bread bowl with butter and fruit. We can eat there cheaper (and better) than we can eat at McDonalds! We also like the Boardwalk Pizza and Pasta.

We ate at Smokejumpers for the first time on our last trip. It was pretty good! The onion rings were fantastic. I really liked the selection of items you could put on your burger.

Oh man you are missing out in so much. Fried chicken at plaza inn, bread bowl at Pacific wharf. Flos cafe for brioche french toast, or turkey dip for lunch . Corn dog at the little red wagon on main street. Earl of sandwich in downtown disney. These are just off the top of my head that I have tried.

I have heard that Bengal bbq is amazing, as well as harbor galley bbq chicken potato.

If you go on youtube, look up freshbaked. He recently did a top 10 meals at disneyland and dca.

DCA has a few incredible restaurants too, some of our favs are the Lucky Fortune Cookery (which has a number of other counter service restaurants around it) and the Paradise Garden Grill (also has Boardwalk Pizza & Pasta beside it, if someone in your group really wants classic Disney fare).

Fresh and cheap -- downtown disney's Taqueria. Located just next to Tortilla Joes. Similar to Chipotle and the same prices... and you get 10% off with your pass!

Thank you for all of your suggestions so far! I am going to DCA tonight so I'll try out a new restaurant!

Last edited:

Oh man you are missing out in so much. Fried chicken at plaza inn, bread bowl at Pacific wharf. Flos cafe for brioche french toast, or turkey dip for lunch . Corn dog at the little red wagon on main street. Earl of sandwich in downtown disney. These are just off the top of my head that I have tried.

I have heard that Bengal bbq is amazing, as well as harbor galley bbq chicken potato.

If you go on youtube, look up freshbaked. He recently did a top 10 meals at disneyland and dca.

Thank you for reminding me, I forgot to mention that we also get corn dogs from the LRW. We tried them about a year or so ago and now get them all the time!

I loved Plaza Inn's fried chicken and the French Market (got a bread bowl with soup last time). I also enjoyed Boardwalk pizza at DCA or Napoli at DTD (I love pizza).

I LOVE the BBQ chicken cole slaw baked potato from Harbour Galley. They have a few other interesting options as well, and all very affordable.

If you want something quick and aren't too concerned about eating healthy, I would suggest a chimichanga. I always passed these up as boring cart food, but I was in a pinch the other day and bought one and it was SO GOOD. I will definitely be eating more of these.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter