Restaurants you did not like

Spoodles breakfast - terrrible overcooked greasy food

1900 PF dinner - had to wait 1 hour past our ADR time, food was horrible and way too salty to eat

1900 PF breakfast - stuck at a crappy table where the characters could not get to us, Mad Hatter loud and annoying, terrible food!

H&V dinner - had to wait over an hour past our ADR time, restaurant was empty but filled with dirty tables, service was non existant, food was awful

CM dinner - terrible food

Yakitori House in Japan - horrible greasy and fatty dark thigh meat

Mexico CS - same as above

Tomorrowland Noodle Station - same as above with zero flavor!

Pirate and the Parrot in MK - the food repeats on you all day long

Boma dinner - do not like all the sweet spices they put in the meats and such

I thought Chef Mickey's was way overrated - the food was just ok.

Flame suit on, :lmao: but I agree! Although I would give it another chance at an actual "normal" dinner time rather than 9pm on our travel day. :rolleyes:

Flame suit on, :lmao: but I agree! Although I would give it another chance at an actual "normal" dinner time rather than 9pm on our travel day. :rolleyes:

I felt the same way, we could only get 9:00pm on my actual 20th birthday, and I was really disappointed. I went back on a different trip at a "normal" dinner time. I enjoyed it. It wasn't wonderful, but it's a place I go every year or two now.

ABC Commissary was so bad I actually asked for my credits back. The manager agreed it was not acceptable and gave me all the money that it would have cost me back (he said he didn't know how to add the credits back, so he just gave me cash.)

Also, I always wanted to go to Cali Grill. We got free dining in November so DH and I decided to spurge and go to celebrate our belated 15th annivarsary. The food was not bad, but very "AH", it was the worst meal of our trip. The flatbread was very good, but I had the fillet and DH had the salmon and both were not impressed. We loved the view, glad we went once, but will not go again.

Otherwise, we have always loved our Disney meals!!!

Interesting. I've never, in 100+ trips, ever had any meal I'd consider "awful." Maybe I'm not picky enough, or have just led a charmed life.

Having said that - ABC Commissary, on our last visit, was borderline vile. My wrap was like confetti, soaked in vinegar, and wrapped in construction paper. Ack. But DD enjoyed her fish and chips. Of all the parks, I struggle more with CS at the studios than anywhere else.

The only other iffy TS meal we've had was at the old Concourse Steakhouse. It was New Years Eve, and the waitstaff seemed kind of frazzled, but across the board our steaks just weren't particularly good. I am looking forward to The Wave next month, tho.

:eek: Chef Mickeys Dinner
Tried it twice and still *gag*

The only 2 restraunts we will never go back to is Mama Melroses the food was terrible. By the sounds of it, it has not gotten better. Also Whispering Canyon Cafe, again the food was barley edible and I love ribs and the sevice was very slow.

ABC Commisary - suffered with that once (the Cuban sandwich - after hearing it was pretty good here - and it was really bad IMHO).

Les Chefs - the entrees were bland and uninspired. I know what a brassiere is and the type of food was what I expected, I just thought they could have done so much more and it wasn't worth the prices they charged for entrees. I would go back for the onion soup and the escargot only.

Absolutely loathed BOMA at AKL, strange spices in that food. The Princess breakfast in Norway was horrible, and being from Chicago, Mama Melrose`s was not good either. I would say Olive Garden has better Italian food. Otherwise, no problems anywhere else. We skpped Sci-Fi last time and did 50`s Prime Time...loved it!!! I would try Whispering Canyon for breakfast, we love it there,but most posters don`t like the dinners.

Boatwright's. The food wasn't bad, per se, just not at all what we were looking for. I blame our dissatisfaction as much on the concierge that suggested it as on the place itself.

Planet Hollywood. I can't emphasize enough how terrible that place is. Used to be a first-night tradition...but never again.

We were so excited for Yak and Yeti (maybe we were too excited). Whatever it was we went there not long after it opened and were not impressed. Probably will not go back, we just didn't like the food.

Boatwright's. The food wasn't bad, per se, just not at all what we were looking for. I blame our dissatisfaction as much on the concierge that suggested it as on the place itself.

Planet Hollywood. I can't emphasize enough how terrible that place is. Used to be a first-night tradition...but never again.

Yes, I agree, it was bad here in Chicago too. Where is Boatwright`s?

ABC Commissary - the food was awful, I had that same wrap the pp mentions. I see it is no longer on the menu.
Back lot Express - Food was greasy , I ordered the...
Grilled Turkey & Cheese with arugula and red peppers served with French fries or carrot sticks

All the others I was quite please with. Some I was disappointed but I am still pleased I went and tried it to say I did, won't go back.

Only two that we would never go back to - Tony's (tried it twice, hated it both times) and Hollywood and Vine (loud, dirty).

Two that we thought were over rated were Whispering Canyon and Boma.

Mama Melrose-I will NEVER visit this place again. The food was horrible, service worse, and over all it was bad.

Same here. Not only was our food inedible, it was given to us freezing cold after we saw it sitting over by the kitchen for well over 20 minutes.

Great idea for a thread. I have been trying to keep an ongoing list of where I want to do table service... but was going to leave counter service up to chance. I'm glad I have a few restaurants that I know I don't want to try.

We really don't care for the 50's Prime Time or 1900 Park Fare's Breakfast , had not so good experiences at both places :(

Yes, I agree, it was bad here in Chicago too. Where is Boatwright`s?

The one at DTD makes the one that was in Chicago look like Charlie Trotters. Completely absent wait staff, barbecue bacon cheeseburgers served without any sauce. Refusal to tender the check (via going ghost) until the guy comes by to try and sell you that stupid keychain. Obviously pre-cooked/staged food of low quality.

Boatwrights is at Port Orleans Riverside.

Didn't like Boma, Cali Grill, Maya Grill @ CSR (HORRIBLE), ABC Commissary, Sunshine Seasons, or the food at Coral Reef (but would go back for the atmosphere)....

Have always wanted to try:
Narcoossees
Citricos
Whispering Canyon Cafe
Artist Point
Akershus
Marrakkesh

We are not adventurous eaters however.... but ADORE Jiko and hate to miss it on any trip so it's hard to do more than one signature restaurant..... any from the above list that would be a can't miss for you on your trip? Thanks for any input!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter