Restaurants you did not like

My favorites are always mentioned in these threads! :lmao:

Likewise, we hated Boma. I had high hopes for it after reading this board. Not only was it bad, but without a car, it took a long time to get to and from, resulting in a HUGE waste of time.

I don't think I've ever had bad counter service because I can look at the menu, and others' food and know better than to order it. Which is why I haven't eaten at the ABC Commissary! :rotfl:

I was reading your siggy. I too have 2 girls 8 years apart. 8 and 3 months. My DH feels the same way yours does we. We also have a female dog and cat!

LOL you have us by one more pet! :) Congrats on you new little bundle of joy! Another princess! I'll give you one piece of advice. Don't expect that they won't fight due to the age difference! My two fight all the time! We didn't plan on having such a big gap in age but that is just how it worked out. We had given up regarding number 2 and then poof she decided to join us. We are both very blessed! Enjoy those cute baby times. I miss them!

Thanks for saying hello!

Ok now back on topic!

I actually liked Tony's. My family loves it and asks to go back every time. We are heading to Chef Mickey's and Park Fare this year for the first time so I'll see how it goes. Have any of you been to Sesame Place in PA? We went 3 years ago and attended the character dinner buffet OMG now that food was absolutely AWFUL! A step below hospital cafeteria food. YUCK! I have not found anything close to that bad at WDW.

Well, I'm relatively new. I've only been to Disney every year since 04. I've eaten at several places, liked all but 1. San Angel Inn. The food was okay, but way too expensive for my taste. I was looking for a menu that was American-Mexican. You know, tamales, fajitas, burritos, etc. It must have been too authentic for my taste. Oh well, won't go back there but every where else, like Tony's, Mama Melrose, Teppan Edo, etc. are fabulous in my opinion. Have a nice day.
:hippie:

I have only been to Disnye 5 Times,some place were better then other Like I LOVED Mama Melrose, adn others have said yuck, same for chef mickey loved it people said yuck. HA what i have to say I didn't have to cook it , so yah!
He HE:hippie:

LOL I love it! Yep don't have to cook is good for me too! :banana:

I was reading your siggy. I too have 2 girls 8 years apart. 8 and 3 months. My DH feels the same way yours does we. We also have a female dog and cat!

LOL! My girls are almost 6 yrs apart, our dog, Bella is a girl, and so is our guinea pig. My DH is out numbered 5 to 1!

The only WDW restaurant that we actively did NOT like was Pinocchio Village House in MK. For a CS restaurant, the selection was worse and the quality was worse than we expected. Every place else we have eaten in WDW was at least acceptable in selection and quality. Some we are not particularly going out of our way to repeat; others have become must dos. Only PVH is a definate AVOID for us.

The only TS place in WDW that I ate in and did not like was Sci-Fi. The atmosphere was really neat. But the food was bad and the price was high for said bad food. If I ever go back, it'd be for dessert only. I enjoyed a $4 chicken sandwich from a McDonald's later that same night more than I did the $15-$17 (can't remember exact price, sorry) chicken sandwich I got at Sci-Fi, if that tells you anything. :headache:

There are two CS places I hate. Pinocchio's Village Haus is home to quite possibly the most disgusting pizza I've ever eaten. There's grease, and then there's grease dripping off of the pizza when you try to eat it, and being too much to sop up with napkins. Had three different pizzas from there, and never again. The other place is ABC Commissary. In the earlier visits, it was tolerable. But as the years went on, our food was consistently some variation of overcooked, lukewarm, or greasy. We gave up on that place after our 2005 trip.

:wizard: I would certainly say that in all the years we've been going to WDW I've many more good meals that bad....some amazing. That being said, I only have a few that I would never go back to...

50's Prime Time Cafe...we went there last summer because it was during hurricane Fay and the Luau was canceled....the food was terrible and the service was not much better....none of the fun antics everyone raves about with the waitress....

Whispering Canyon Cafe...we had a great breakfast there one year so decided dinner must be pretty good too (we actually gave this one 2 tries because we thought maybe we just hit it on a bad night)....both times were really bad...I had BBQ chicken that was raw...eww...and again the service was not that great. Our server seemed really bothered that she had to wait on us.

Trail's End Buffet...this was for breakfast...we had read over and over again what a great breakfast buffet they had. This place was a real pain to get to but we went anyway...it was not worth the trouble...bad food, dirty buffet that wasn't refilled because the wait staff was nowhere to be found...couldn't even get coffee or tea.

Those are my "never return to" restaurants! There are too many good places to eat to waste my time at these places!!

Luckily on our September trip last year I did not come away with any horrendous dining experiences.
Out of the ten days though there were a few that I would not rush to return to.
Hollywood and Vine. Edible.. mostly. That's about all I can say for it. And they need bus people badly.. tables stayed covered in dishes the whole time we were there and I see that is mentioned quite a bit.
Restaurant Marrakesh in Morrocco . I will chalk this up to my expectations being to high. I love unique flavors and food we wouldn't eat every day.It was all pretty safe and bland.
And I'm in no rush to return to Ohana either. But in all fairness my mood probably had alot to do with that. The server got on my nerves.. we were in the tiny part of the restaurant where you can't see the coconut races e.t.c and the food was mostly just Meh.

However none of these restaurant experiences were what I would classify as horrible.

Our worst TS experience was at Narcoosees, believe it or not. Everything after the appetizers was subpar, including the service. Our review is here.

Everybody always raves about it, so I'm sure we were the exception to the rule. Just shows that folks can have lots of different experiences.

The Plaza at MK. Soooo not impressed.

Biergarten, our least favorite sit down meal at Epcot.

I hate the Prime Time Cafe. The schtick is very annoying and the food, to me, is only OK and not worth the aggravation.

I was also very disappointed in Trail's End. I heard great things about it. While the food is OK, its far from great and the place is not easy to get to

Le Cellier consistently gets great marks from DISers. I agree the food is pretty good, but I have had horrible experiences with service on the last 2 occassions. We had a large party and decided to wait for a bit to see oif we could sit together. 15 minutes later another large group came in and was told they might not sit together. They put up a big stink. 10 minutes latr they sat down while we still were waiting. We told them to go ahead and split us up. We waited another 30 minutes and got separate tables. And take a guess who was sitting as one big group at one table?

I also have never had a over all bad or horrible meal at WDW.I'm willing to try them again in the future.

Just Ok -
Chef Mickey's Breakfast was cold on the buffet and very messy.Characters were good. Giving it another try next trip.
Spoodles Breakfast. Greasy food and service was blah. Had a bad experience trying to get a cake delivered to the table from the Boardwalk bakery right next door.
Citricos Food was bland and service was bad for an empty restaurant.
Disney's Spirit of Aloha Show Food was just ok and the show was mediocre.
Pizza - Delivery from All-Star Sports I've had better frozen pizza.

Good
Marrakesh Not really my favorite food but it was good and I enjoyed the atmosphere.
Tony's Town Square Cute restaurant and food was good.
Comic Ray's Always liked the food there.
Raglan Road Very noisy but fun! Food was good.
Boatwrights Good food sad to see it go.
Victoria & Albert's Great but I don't adore fancy food. Dessert was excellent.
Narcoossee's Great food and view. Service was just ok.

Favorites -
Coral Reef We had hot delicious food there. Service was excellent. The chef came out to discuss and offer my mom a dish not on the menu. She was looking for Tilapia. Love the atmosphere.
California Grill Excellent service & food. Love the view!
Grand Floridian Cafe Again great service & food!
Whispering Canyon Cafe Dinner is great. Fun and I can't get enough Yukon potatoes! Breakfast there is just ok.
50's Prime Time Cafe Never had a bad meal here. Enjoy the food and nagging! ;)
Liberty Tree Tavern Is a must when we visit MK! Lunch or family style dinner.
1900 Park Fare Breakfast. Great selection and the characters were awesome.
Crystal Palace Lunch. Again great selection of food and characters were a lot of fun.

Will be trying in June.
Ohana's
Sci Fi
Yak & Yeti
Flame Tree BBQ
Hollywood & Vine Breakfast

Our worst TS experience was at Narcoosees, believe it or not. Everything after the appetizers was subpar, including the service. Everybody always raves about it, so I'm sure we were the exception to the rule. Just shows that folks can have lots of different experiences.

We've found the experience at Narcoosee's to be going downhill over the years. I think the DP is doing it in. A lot of families there that wouldn't otherwise be if it weren't for the DP. Families with YOUNG kids coming in for dinner at 9pm! Shouldn't they be getting ready for bed at that hour?

I booked our meal to coincide with the fireworks at the Magic Kingdom. When we arrived, I politely asked for a window table, which we luckily received. HOWEVER, when it came time for the fireworks, half the restaurant (including other tables at with windows) ran outside and stood on the deck directly in front of us!! I doubt we'll be back there for a long time!

We did not care for our dinner at Rose & Crown. Everything was soooo bland and our son's fish was extremely greasy. The only thing that was remotely good was the potato and leek soup and the sauce on our dessert.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter