Resting spot in Animal Kingdom?

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
I'm looking for recommendations on a spot I can sit and rest in at Animal Kingdom for ah hour or more. Last year, in the mid-afternoon, I got a soft drink at a CS, and sat and sipped my beverage while I read my kindle. Since it was an off-time for dining, the restaurant was virtually empty. Any better suggestions for this year?

I'm looking for recommendations on a spot I can sit and rest in at Animal Kingdom for ah hour or more. Last year, in the mid-afternoon, I got a soft drink at a CS, and sat and sipped my beverage while I read my kindle. Since it was an off-time for dining, the restaurant was virtually empty. Any better suggestions for this year?

There are some great little alcoves in Rafiki's Conservation Station. I also like the tables tucked in among the greenery on the way to the harambe. Depending on time, there might be some tables, with shade, at the harambe market. I also like the benches in the front of the stores headed to the safari.

When I want shade and peace I see if a table is available on this little walking path on top of the main one, mentioned by PP. It’s missed by most people. There like 2 tables with stools and a cover along the path with greenery on 3 sides.

Attachments

• IMG_1130.jpeg
    IMG_1130.jpeg
    74.4 KB · Views: 67

If you can figure out where the former smoking area near 8 spoons (don’t think that the real name but close, lol) cafe is that would be an out of the way spot with some shade. Otherwise you’ve received great referrals from above posters. Were it me I’d just find a spot that gives me comfort then call the rest of my traveling party and let them know.

Seconding what the two users mentioned about Flametree and the walking path down by Mr. Kamal's, but I also wanted to mention that there's some nice covered seating right adjacent/behind Tamu Tamu Refreshments that is also pretty uncrowded and relaxed:

1705950923662.png

I guess it depends on if you want a table, a bench or just somewhere to sit. If you take the path around the Tree of Life starting at Starbucks, there is a little spot where the turtles are. You can see it from the que to Bug's Life but you can get to it from this path. There are no benches just fake rocks but I love to take my breakfast or cup of coffee over there and just sit and watch the turtles do their thing. I think there are three turtles in there. There is never anyone else there, although I guess now that I've said it people will be checking it out.

When I want shade and peace I see if a table is available on this little walking path on top of the main one, mentioned by PP. It’s missed by most people. There like 2 tables with stools and a cover along the path with greenery on 3 sides.
I just discovered that walking path last year, couldn't believe I'd never seen it before. Don't remember the benches, but it's a possibility.
Seconding what the two users mentioned about Flametree and the walking path down by Mr. Kamal's, but I also wanted to mention that there's some nice covered seating right adjacent/behind Tamu Tamu Refreshments that is also pretty uncrowded and relaxed:

View attachment 827860
I know that covered seating area, don't know why I didn't think of that. We took our granddaughter into there last year, when she was complaining about being hot and got a frozen drink and sat in there.
Thanks! I've gotten some great ideas from here of places I hadn't thought of.

I don't know if there are any places to sit, but I really like the Discovery Island Trails over near the river between Discovery Island and Africa, just about where the #6 is on this map. It's very quiet and chill back there.

1705964996670.jpeg

Lots of great suggestions from others, but I gotta say, the buying a drink and usually a dessert for me at an inside CS place is my go to. Especially mid- afternoon. The climate controlled environment really helps me have a break and recharge. Now, if the weather is perfect I will do that outdoors, but so many times it’s not.

Lots of great suggestions from others, but I gotta say, the buying a drink and usually a dessert for me at an inside CS place is my go to. Especially mid- afternoon. The climate controlled environment really helps me have a break and recharge. Now, if the weather is perfect I will do that outdoors, but so many times it’s not.
Sure but we’re talking AK. Inside QS is extremely limited…

I can't remember exactly where this is (perhaps behind Smiling Croc/Flame Tree), but last time I grabbed a coffee and headed over to this area one morning in the park. So lovely, peaceful, and relaxing! Probably not so much during lunch time though.

Attachments

• DAK.jpg
    DAK.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Yes, I love sitting by that little pool behind Flame Tree. Somehow it's even more relaxing than the tables beside the lake.

My main favourite has been the covered area with a few tables across from the bird show. I grab a pulled pork jelly donut sandwich and chow down there.

Get a bev and snack and porch at Nomad!

Finding Nemo good AC

If you want to plan the time in I'd recommend a booking at Nomad lounge, it's very relaxing and a nice way to spend some time

Update-now that I've done it. I'd planned tp get the pineapple sundae at Tamu-Tamu refreshments and sit in the little seating area right next to it-however, there was a CM dressed in plaid who stopped me and said it was closed. So I went over to Harambe Market, where there was plenty of seating, since that closes at 3:15, and it was almost 4:00. That's where I learned that I couldn't really rest-I felt like the little boy in the old Disney commercial who said "I'm too excited to sleep". I saw later that there is a seating area on the little pathway "detour" headed towards Asia near Africa. I went by the seating area by Tamu Tau refreshments later and it looked like they were setting up for some fancy function in there.

Update-now that I've done it. I'd planned tp get the pineapple sundae at Tamu-Tamu refreshments and sit in the little seating area right next to it-however, there was a CM dressed in plaid who stopped me and said it was closed. So I went over to Harambe Market, where there was plenty of seating, since that closes at 3:15, and it was almost 4:00. That's where I learned that I couldn't really rest-I felt like the little boy in the old Disney commercial who said "I'm too excited to sleep". I saw later that there is a seating area on the little pathway "detour" headed towards Asia near Africa. I went by the seating area by Tamu Tau refreshments later and it looked like they were setting up for some fancy function in there.
Pineapple sundae sounds delicious!

Pineapple sundae sounds delicious!
And it was. I think it's called pineapple crisp sundae. Vanilla ice cream over a very good pineapple upside down muffin-cake (the cake was warm). If I remember right, it was $6.95, and a definite deal as far as I was concerned (so Disney will definitely up the price soon!).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter