Resturants near Holiday Inn Universal??

JohnnySpaak

Earning My Ears
Hi , I'll be at US on Sept 19 and will be staying at HIUS which is supposed to be across the street from US (Is it , Can we walk to US ???) Also are there any resturants close by but not in US?? I already knoew about TGI Fridays in our hotel but is there anything else ??? Thanks , Johnny

Hi, Johnny: :wave:

The walk from Kirkman and Major is a loooong one IMHO, but some of the people on this board have made it through alive... :D

There is a Ponderosa and a McDonald's in that vicinity. If you take the short drive over to International Drive you can probably find every restaurant in existence!

The Radisson across the street has several restaurants in their lobby, including a Pizza Hut. Down Major Blvd there is a Denny's in the Day's Inn. I'm sure others will supply more information!

Hope that helps.

Kirkman Road is six lanes of traffic. Crossing it reminds me of the video game Frogger. :) You can do it, but you got to be careful!

there is a traffic signal on Kirkman and Major so pedestrians don't have to run for their lives. It seems that some of the drivers down there aren't used to pedestrians in that area so exercise caution. It is a long walk from there to the parks, even loooonnnger after the day at the parks.

An additional restaurant would be a Cracker Barrel just behind the Amerisuite hotel next to the HI. The bad news, it's only CB restaurant, not a Cracker Barrel store with carry-out goodies.:rolleyes:

There is a TGI Friday's practically at HI's front door.

There is an Orlando Ale House and a Japanese steak house just a short stroll down Kirkman. Also nearby, on Major, is Delta Resort which has several restaurants that are open to non-guests.

I am one of those crazy people that thinks it's possible to walk from the Major Blvd. hotels and getting across Kirkman is doable. Just be aware that the "Don't Walk" signal start blinking almost as soon as you step off the curb. Don't worry. You'll have enough time to make it.

Of course, Nubian Princeses get carried across Kirkman on golden litters borne by big sweaty men. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter