Results from property loss claim onboard

Its clear that you two have never purchased/priced out Oakley prescription sunglasses with genuine Oakley prescription lenses (not generic lenses). Oakley prescription genuine lenses, run about 600-900 bucks depending on what options are selected. And before someone starts talking about how there is no difference between regular prescription lenses and Oakley prescription lenses... please go see in person for yourself... the difference if HUGE! That said, is it 600-900 bucks huge, well that is a personal decision.
I have to agree with DitkaFan here. I had a pair of prescription Oakley X-Metal sunglasses with Iridium Polarized lenses, with genuine Oakley lenses (purchased from my eye doctor's office). They ran about $950 after taxes. Unfortunately, I lost them last summer while riding Spaceship Earth at WDW (never expected such a steep incline at the beginning of the ride and they were on top of my head when they flipped off the back of my head during the incline). I must have called WDW lost & found a hundred times over the following three months, but they never turned up. I'm sorry OP had that happen, but loosing that kind of investment hurts and then poor service after the fact is salt in the wound. I would continue fighting for Disney Cruise to make you whole after a loss caused by their negligence.

DH has twice lost his prescription sunglasses at WDW (several years apart) and filed for reimbursement through our homeowner's insurance. Actually, he's lost sunglasses three times there, but only twice were they prescription and the first pair weren't very expensive. Yes, we've had discussions about how to hang onto them but clearly it's not sticking.

And, yes, it's very easy to pay over $1000 for glasses. Mine are that price (and they're not sunglasses, just regular prescription glasses) because of the prescription strength and the type of glass used. At that cost, it makes total sense to go to homeowner's insurance.

Thanks for all the advise. What really bothers me the most isn't the loss of the glasses or the cost to replace them; what really bothers me is the customer service we received.
I think that is a crazy amount for sunglasses too but my husband only gets one pair of prescription sunglasses every 3-4 years. I am sure I spend at least that much for purses and shoes over that same period of time. (Maybe I have a problem. LOL)
And we did order from through the doctor's office so I am sure we paid a premium--but my husband has several issues (astigmatism, the start of a cataract in one eye, near and far sightedness). We do still have the original receipt.
We did purchase travel insurance so I will submit a claim to them and see what happens.

Did the last name of the person you walked to start with a V ? I dealt with her, and also the supervisor for that office. If you need his contact info, PM me.

My hardside luggage was broken when it arrived in my room. DCL replaced with bag, no issue with the way they handled it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter