Rethinking/Replanning my park bag

I use a LUG crossbody. So many styles and sizes to choice from. Organization is great....especially for phone. I bought mine on QVC. I'm sure they have their own website too. High recommend.

So I currently carry a medium/small sling backpack when I am in the park but after this last trip I am rethinking my choice and looking for something new.

I am the lone backpack wearer in my group of 4 (DH/me/2boys 10&8)and am a lighter packer but like having something for stuff. I don't want to go to a full sized/bigger bag because that will just allow my travel companions to have me carry more things. I would like to stay the same-ish size, but I am looking for something a bit more comfortable and stylish with organization in mind. A sling or regular backpack would be my preference and not lounge fly. Any fun suggestions or want to show off what you carry?

On our last trip, this is what I carried in my bag:
-phone (sometimes both mine and hubby's)
-Wallet
-sunglasses case
-hand wipes & sanitizer
-mask pouch
- Bottle of water
-two travel umbrellas
-gum/mints
-small bag of pins for trading

That's what I carry too, more or less. What about the Lug Zipliner? It has an insulated pocket for water bottles, excellent organization, and converts from a shoulder bag to a backpack. Its on sale right now for $59 plus $9 shipping if you download the Lug Live app, but if you buy it from Luglife.com, you can get more patterns, including two that are Disney inspired - Small World Multi and Red Large Dot (minnie mouse inspired). These are really cute.

I am bringing the Vera Bradley Small Backpack in a Disney pattern. I am also bringing the Lug Carousel for evenings, resort day, and Downtown Disney. I can't fit as much in there as I can in the Vera Bradley Small Backpack.

I have found the Loungefly’s to be the perfect size! If it were me, I’d only carry one umbrella (make it a UV one) and maybe small ponchos for the others. Otherwise let them deal with it themselves. Guys/kids can carry their own, small bags!

Other things I usually have in my bag: small fan, extra batteries, charging cord, extra socks, baggies, and bandaids

My kids all carry their own stuff now. They each have their own mini or small backpack with their park essentials.

Lots of great suggestions to this question. Our last trip was week before Xmas in 2019, going again in 9 days. Starting with 2 1/2 days a UO before heading to WDW. For that last trip I bought this backpack, primarily because it is so light weight. I only use this in the parks. I use a regular back pack as my carry on for the flights since it holds my Chromebook and all the other "stuff" I want close by.

https://www.amazon.com/ZOMAKE-Packa...qid=1628098047&sprefix=zomake,aps,178&sr=8-12

Last edited:
I use a clear Vera Bradley medium sized backpack:
https://verabradley.com/collections...-backpack-set-26674r33?variant=34471069057068
Previously, it was a huge asset with going through security because then they didn't have to go through the bag. Nowadays, it's still useful because you can see where everything is in the bag and you don't have to rummage through everything. We typically fill a camelback water bottle, umbrella, compact poncho, and my wristlet wallet. I can also fit my sunglasses, mask pouch, and phone. Also, i'll put my pin pouch for trading in the front pocket for easy access.

Our go to for several years now is a small Eddie Bauer sling bag. We carry slightly more than you do, but this limits how much. My husband would bring everything including the kitchen sink if I let him, to this size is enough to get our "required items" without giving him a lot of extra space to fill. And credit where due, he carries it about 80% of the time.

So I currently carry a medium/small sling backpack when I am in the park but after this last trip I am rethinking my choice and looking for something new.

I am the lone backpack wearer in my group of 4 (DH/me/2boys 10&8)and am a lighter packer but like having something for stuff. I don't want to go to a full sized/bigger bag because that will just allow my travel companions to have me carry more things. I would like to stay the same-ish size, but I am looking for something a bit more comfortable and stylish with organization in mind. A sling or regular backpack would be my preference and not lounge fly. Any fun suggestions or want to show off what you carry?

On our last trip, this is what I carried in my bag:
-phone (sometimes both mine and hubby's)
-Wallet
-sunglasses case
-hand wipes & sanitizer
-mask pouch
- Bottle of water
-two travel umbrellas
-gum/mints
-small bag of pins for trading
I carry a Vera Bradley mini crossbody when I carry something. When I do carry I take AP card, DVC card, credit card, phone, throw away rain poncho, comb, sunglasses, and lip balm. I do not have to carry for others though.

I really like small purses in real life and I carry an original VB mini hipster (there have been a few redesigns) but I have multiple patterns including this disney one. It is small and crossbody and holds a lot more then it looks like but it can get heavy on the neck.

I just got this to carry as I like a back pack but wanted something lighter. It's very basic but I actually prefer my own pouches for organization to most built in slots or multiple pockets.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XD5LB28?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

I really like small purses in real life and I carry an original VB mini hipster (there have been a few redesigns) but I have multiple patterns including this disney one. It is small and crossbody and holds a lot more then it looks like but it can get heavy on the neck.

View attachment 594712View attachment 594716
I have that bag, and it's a great size!

Another bag that hasn't been brought up: The Healthy Back Bag. I have it in medium (I think), and it's kinda a happy medium between a back, a sling bag and a fanny pack. It's teardrop shaped and genuinely feels like nothing when you're carrying it. The pockets are very well thought out. It's also gender-neutral, so if my husband and I choose to share a bag, he doesn't mind carrying it half the time. On the negative side, these bags aren't cheap -- I got mine from eBay, and it still wasn't cheap.

My sister and I have this one. (She has gray, and I have black.) we’ve had these for two years now (6+ trips.)

https://www.target.com/p/antitheft-...n/-/A-79629865?preselect=54174600#lnk=sametab

surprisingly comfortable. The thicker straps help distribute the weight more evenly and the capacity is pretty good. And if you wanted to use it to hold your pins, you can. Only real downside it can have is that it can get hit against my back, but any backpack does that for me anyway.

By this age we had everyone with their own sling bag. Bring what you want and worry about your own things. This made it so much easier for Hubby who was the pack mule for the past years.

I agree with responses that have recommended Lug. They’re a husband/wife business and LOVE Disney. They even relocated their family to Orlando. They have back packs, crossbodies, packables, wallets and accessories. They are lightweight with wonderful organization. Some bags have Disney themed patterns. Prices are better on QVC and sometimes Amazon. Their website is Luglife.com

I really like this cinch pack I got from Amazon. It has an additional pocket on the side and the back to make easy access for small items, is a bit more durable than traditional cinch packs, but still easy to access the main compartment like a traditional cinch pack.

I have used my Kavu crossbody rope bag for the last several trips and I love it. It's really comfortable and holds more than you would think. It also has really easy access. I used to use a small drawstring backpack, but the Kavu is so much easier.

With that little, I recommend a small string backpack. Make sure the string/ties are soft. I bought mine at WDW. Yes, it’s one big pocket, but I use ziplock bags inside to group little things to make them easier to find.

This is the type of bag use too! It is nice and lightweight.

My husband usually carries our backpack. Since he is not going on this trip, I ordered a Kavu Rope sling bag. I am hoping it works well!

UPDATE-I just returned from our trip and this bag was fantastic! I carried it every day. It held my wallet, 2 Disney ponchos, my water bottle and other odds and ends and never hurt my back. I highly recommend it.

Just chiming in to third or fourth the Kavu bags. I bought a bright yellow one made of ripstop nylon so it would be water resistant and highly visible to my 6 yr old kid since it was just us on the trip. I loved it; it's like the perfect cross between a backpack and a crossbody bag. I carried a small card wallet, a small umbrella, a 24 oz insulated water bottle, a phone charger, and various and sundry other things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter