• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Retired Military incentives?

MB_01

Mouseketeer
So! Just got back from 4 night stay at GFV. Been talking about buying there for a while now and when we got word the resorts were opening 6/22 I decided to check on availability. Oddly enough every room type at every resort was wide open! :p

I booked a mon-fri trip, got plane tickets for a song (go figure) and loved the resort more than I imagined. Wife and I decided to pull the trigger on trying to get a couple 160 pt contracts resale. Best I’ve seen is 157-158 ppp which is a lot better than in the past even though they have no points. While looking at listings though I stopped by here and saw new direct incentives were out and they seem pretty substantial. Looks like I could purchase direct at Riviera for 155 pp right now so I’m trying to figure out what way to go.

Anyway! I was hoping someone here could tell me if they knew how the retired military incentive they mention on the DVC site works? Maybe it’s enough to make going direct worth it? I’d rather not have to try and get them on the phone...

Buying direct military discount, I have only done on site. Twice by the way. I just showed my ID. They have a price chart and just like most of their deals the more you buy the better the discount. On a similar note the military park tickets are the best deal, imo. So I don’t usually get the annual pass. So that direct advantage of gold pass is kind of worthless to me.

Reactions: cm8
My choice were to choose one of the options= military or the incentives offered. The last time I bought was January prior to these incentives. You could email and ask for the military price chart for the resort you want. Resale will probably be a better deal except for at Riv.

The website seems to indicate the military savings are in addition to the other savings. If they weren’t in addition to the incentives listed right above that, it would be kind of weird of them to say “additional savings.”

When you decide to sell those RIV points, they may be hard to sell since they won't be able to be used anywhere but RIV and any newer resort that is built.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter