retired working at Disney

tednvon

DIS Veteran
Hi, would like to restart thread on working at Disney part time.....looking for ideas, experiences, dreamers etc....have always said I am too tall to be Mickey and too short to be Goofy, but will try to fit in somewhere.....If moderators think this should be at a different site, feel free to move....thanks, Ted from Iowa

Ted,

You might have more luck with this question on the community board. I know that we've discussed working at Disney here before, but there aren't very many CM's who frequent us in this quiet corner of the DIS.

Sarangel

Absolutely not a problem, I'm just worried that you won't get much response.

Sarangel

I'm not much of a dreamer, but I'd love to retire to Disney. Just put me in an airconditioned store on Main Street selling Disney watches (I just love Disney watches) and I'd be a happy camper.

Hearing the music, seeing the parades, that would make me content.

Problem is my husband said he could never live in Florida and since we're a team, I guess I'll have to enjoy our trips to WDW and be happy with that. He'd miss the change of seasons (we're from PA). He can't fathom Christmas without snow (or at least cold weather). Me, I've had enough cold weather to last a lifetime.

I would love to retire early and move to Orlando and work at WDW. I would have no problem doing whatever.
How about driving 1 of the cars up and down Main St, crowd control, operating 1 of the pontoon boats for Illuminations cruises, or 1 of the ferry boats.
Anything at all would do !!!!!

Now if I can only win the lotto so I can retire early !!!
Oh well......I can still dream big.

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

My wife and I have owned a 37 ft. power boat (yacht if you must), and I often said I would love to retire and operate one of their launches, ferrys, or steamships.

Okay, maybe I'm a dreamer but I would love to be one of the characters. I could do Alice from "Alice in Wonderland" or Cinderella. I know that will never happen, but it's fun to imagine.

I made sure that I married a Disney Fanatic too. When we retire we are going to get part timr jobs at Disney and golf on the days we don't work. Yippie!

I want to work at Disney. Have told DH I am sending him to USF to work (then we'll get the perks for both companies/parks) (hehe)

I HAVE ALWAYS WANTED TO WORK @ DISNEY WORLD, I WORKED FOR THE DISNEY STORE FOR 4 YEARS AND I LOVED IT, BUT I HAD TO LEAVE BECAUSE I WAS GOING TO SCHOOL FULL TIME, WORKING FULL TIME WORKING AT THE STORE AND HAD A 3 MONTH OLD SON. SO SOMETHING HAD TO GIVE, I WANT TO GO AND WORK FOR DISNEY SOON, MY BEST ADVICE IS WORK IN RETAIL, THE COSTUMES ARE TOO HOT IN THE SUMMER. GO ON LINE TO LOOK AT JOBS TO SEE IF THERE IS ANYTHING YOU LIKE, ALSO NEXT TIME YOU GO DOWN TO THE PARK, TAKE SOME CLOTHES TO INTERVIEW IN, AND TALK TO A CM DOWN THERE ABOUT WHO TO CALL AND GET AN INTERVIEW. GOOD LUCK AND FOLLOW YOUR HEART!
º0º

I want to work at Disney when I retire, and I have only 8.5 years to go! I know that is still a while, but it doesn't hurt to plan ahead! I want to work in a gift shop somewhere around the Boardwalk. Possibly the Beach Club. Husband is a scuba diver, so I know he won't mind heading south!!!!!!!!

Kim:wave: :wave: :wave:

Just put me behind the throttle of the steam trains. That is what I want to do when I retire. Gee only 27 Years to go.

:bounce: :p :bounce: :p :bounce: :p :bounce: :p

So glad to see that there are other DISers who are planning to or fantasizing about retiring at WDW, 'cause I dream about that all the time! I would love to work at IASW, the HM, or the Tiki Room! I would also love to be a Tour Guide on the GMR......assuming that it still exists at that time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter