Return of the Dining Plan?

I just ran the numbers for July 1-7 at PO in a garden view room, family of 4 two adults and two kids. With the current 25% off vs dining promo card (rack rate for room). Planning for 100 per night for the moderate resort - the difference end up being a little less than 200.00 credit for the "free" dining over 7 days. Disney never does anything for free. But I do miss the dining plan.
Obviously the room discounts are not out for august but assuming 20%, not seeing 25%, for my dates, aug 19 thru 26 river view, i believe rack rate is 2402, 20% is 1921. the credit is worth 220 more. since i'm feeding 5 on this trip, i think we will easily purchase $700 dollars worth of food. if it were just the two of us, maybe not. seems like a good deal for our situation. i'd never consider it 'free' like i never considered the free dining plan back in the day, free.

Yes to that - we just returned from WDW and were very very unhappy with the food. Some of it was inedible. That bad. We were resorting to GrubHub during our stay.
Where did you eat that had bad food specifically if you don’t mind me asking?

I’m curious too. We just got back as well ate Cape May, Chef Mickey, Rainforest, Cosmic Rays, Flame Tree and Casey’s Corner. It was all fantastic.
Have to say, we were thinking exactly the same thing - had some very good meals (some outstanding) with excellent service at Cape May, Chef Mickey's (not ever going to call buffet food outstanding, but it was good!), Tiffins, Boma, Jiko, Brown Derby, Via Napoli..... We thought our trip earlier this month was one of the best since the pandemic.

Have to say, we were thinking exactly the same thing - had some very good meals (some outstanding) with excellent service at Cape May, Chef Mickey's (not ever going to call buffet food outstanding, but it was good!), Tiffins, Boma, Jiko, Brown Derby, Via Napoli..... We thought our trip earlier this month was one of the best since the pandemic.
I agree buffet food is what it is ultimately but nothing was cold or old or bad in my experience

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter