Reusing Old Magic Bands

Dulcee

Mouseketeer
I know you can use old magic bands again, I'm just not sure on the semantics as to how.

If we have active tickets and magic bands in our name that are listed as active do we need to somehow link the card to it, or is this already done?

If a band is listed as active can you assume that it still works?

Thanks!

Nothing extra needs to be done as long as the MagicBand is marked as Active and you have park admission linked to the same profile.

Older MagicBands will continue to work for most functions for as long as Disney supports the technology. The only function that will eventually stop working is the automatic linking of ride photos/videos.

I know you can use old magic bands again, I'm just not sure on the semantics as to how.

If we have active tickets and magic bands in our name that are listed as active do we need to somehow link the card to it, or is this already done?

If a band is listed as active can you assume that it still works?

Thanks!
In my MDE account if a ticket and an active MB are under the same profile they have always been ready to go.

Awesome, thank you! We have three kids so I'm far more concerned with just being able to use them to tap into the park and lightning lanes then the ride downloads.

I'm still using some of the first ones that were experimental and only issued to guests at certain resorts and it works fine. I do stop at the front desk when I get there to have them test them to make sure they are o.k. Every now and again they have had to re-sync some of them up. I tend to take at least 3 or 4 with me, one older one, one new MB+, one with the puck and one puck that is in a clip.

Think of your My Disney Experience as a safe. You store your tickets in your safe, and your magic band acts as a key each time you need to open your safe (access your ticket). When past tickets are used, you put new tickets into your safe. You key (magic band), hasn’t changed.

If I have multiple old MBs, is it possible to get one of those linked with a different person in my party? Or you can only use old MBs that were previously linked to your own profile?

Just wanted to pop in with the reminder that the center puck of the magic band is removable and can be switched to a different band. Very useful if you have kids with old magic bands that had the black extender piece removed, but are now tweens with adult sized wrists.

I've used my old bands but sometimes had issues opening the hotel room door. A trip to guest services fixes the issue. I like my bands to match my outfits so I deal with it. :thumbsup2 :rotfl2: :thumbsup2. I've never had a problem with it not working at the turnstyle or LL.

We were there this past weekend and our old Magic Bands worked well. We don’t care about ride photos and we were very happy. So easy and no need to pull out our phones.

Phones CMs told me that our old magic bands from 2019 will update all my info from MDE. I'll believe that when I see it.

Phones CMs told me that our old magic bands from 2019 will update all my info from MDE. I'll believe that when I see it.
As above, as long as your old MBs show as Active in your MDE, they're linked to all information in your MDE account. As OKW Lover says above, MBs are just a key that opens the virtual safe holding your tickets, park reservations, ADRs, etc. and pulls out what you need at the moment.

I'll use MagicMobile or a KTTW card before I pay what Disney is asking for the MagicBand+ or MagicBand2!! I don't need all the bells and whistles on a band, nor the stress of keeping them charged.

As above, as long as your old MBs show as Active in your MDE, they're linked to all information in your MDE account. As OKW Lover says above, MBs are just a key that opens the virtual safe holding your tickets, park reservations, ADRs, etc. and pulls out what you need at the moment.
They're been sitting and gathering dust since 2019. Surely the battery must be dead by now.

They're been sitting and gathering dust since 2019. Surely the battery must be dead by now.
The short-range battery for “tap” functions will work. Folks have reported using original 2013 MBs without problem. Functions such as ticket stiles, G+, charging to you resort room, etc.

The long-range functions such as some ride photos may not work.

The internal battery is only used to automatically link ride photos and for any interactive queue elements. They can do limited tracking if the battery is good, but they track you based on purchase history already.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter