Reuters: Disney baseball team may be in play by consolidation

for the St. Louis Post-Dispatch indcates that it is in play also. Basically he says that Disney mis-managed it into candidacy for contraction. He feels that attendance and their product is strong but they've fallen into the same trap of over paying for talent that all the other teams have.

A lot of folks on this and other boards have said that Disney is is a company like any other and the cost reductions, layoffs, spinoffs etc; are all part of the corporate world today. When I see Disney castigated for mis-management of not only their baseball team but of a lot of other areas of their company it makes think it's time for a change. Sad though, I suspect that what would come after might be worse than what they have.

The "bye-bye Expos and Twins, Luria takes the Marlins, Henry takes the Angels" scenario seems near certain at this point. There was talk of it several weeks before the recent round of Owner meetings began.

When results are down sometimes companies take this opportunity to write-off other underperforming or non- core assets. I'm would be glad to see this one go, other than I would worry whether they will be able to get decent value at this point in time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter