REVIEW: Disney Dining Buddy

snitchseeker

Disney & Universal Wizard
So - I tested it out and to be honest - it doesn't work! Well - it didn't for me. Found TWO reservations on my own of the night I requested. No notification.

Anyone have bad experiences with them?

I had a great experience- within 24 hours of signing up, I got my BOG dinner text and snagged it.
Did you contact them to let them know you did not receive notification?

Buddy checks every say 15-30 minutes - just guessing how often. If a ressie opens in between that timeframe then either you miss it or you get it if your checking too. I personally love Buddy and Scout

I had a great experience- within 24 hours of signing up, I got my BOG dinner text and snagged it.
Did you contact them to let them know you did not receive notification?

I will this morning..

Funny - I got a txt this morning at 3:30am for one of them - and now it worked haha

I found wdw tools to work better and its free. I had the same search going simultaneously for Tusker House, it was on dining buddy for 3 weeks, nothing! Found wdw tools after searching for other dining sites, 2 days on wdw tools and I get a text, booked and done. Never received one from dining buddy.

Also snagged CRT a few days ago. It only allows for 3 free searches, but hey, at the time I was only concerned about Tusker House. Then once that worked, I went for the big fish!
https://********.com/

Last edited:
How did you get three free watches on ********? I just see $10 to activate a watch.

I've had better luck with scout. Plus its 3.99 for 6 months of searches for up to 4 restaurants at a time.

DDB worked well for me. We decided we wanted to add lunch at BOG in late October and of course they were all booked. Over a period of a couple of weeks I received multiple notifications for various times, anywhere from 10:55 or so (too early) to 1:05 (too late). Eventually received a notification for a noon lunch and was able to book it.

I was able to get a Crystal Palace reservation for a party of 8 for late October last week. It was for a late lunch on a party night, and everything has been booked solid for months. It did take a couple of weeks for the notification to come through, but once it did I was able to book. I think success with BOG is more difficult since so many are trying to book it.

I've had great luck with both Buddy and Scout. They helped me get a Tusker House pre park opening breakfast, 1900 Park Fare dinner, and a Crystal Palace late lunch on our party day.

Dining Buddy finally came through for me yesterday for a BOG lunch! I signed up 3 weeks ago and had received 1 notification a week, but was never fast enough to act on it. Yesterday I was actually on the phone when I got their text and was able to respond immediately.

when you sign up, you have the option to do 3 free watches or pay the $10 for unlimited.
DDB worked for me. It took a while (6 weeks?) but I got BOG dinner for our MNSSHP night in October. I missed a few prompts before I got one that I grabbed. Obviously popular place and time but now I have a ressie at the exact time I want for my family. Very happy!

when you sign up, you have the option to do 3 free watches or pay the $10 for unlimited.

Either it has changed, or I'm doing something wrong!

When I sign up and initiate a watch, it says I can activate the watch for $10, or become an elite member and pay $21 for unlimited watches for a month.

Either it has changed, or I'm doing something wrong!

When I sign up and initiate a watch, it says I can activate the watch for $10, or become a premium member and pay $21 for unlimited watches for a month.
I just did it for Kona, it's watching for free.
Let me see if I can screen shot and walk you through it. The Activate for $10 is for something else. Hang in there!!

I just did it for Kona, it's watching for free.
Let me see if I can screen shot and walk you through it. The Activate for $10 is for something else. Hang in there!!

I did create a couple watches, I just thought they weren't active unless I clicked on the "activate for $10" button. So those are being watched now? I'll be convinced if I ever get a notification...Hah!

I did create a couple watches, I just thought they weren't active unless I clicked on the "activate for $10" button. So those are being watched now? I'll be convinced if I ever get a notification...Hah!
Here use this one instead, https://www.reservationwatch.com/ It's actually advertised as free, no credit card required! and upon further investigation of wdw tools, looks like they changed their policy. I did use reservation watch a few months ago, and got good results. They email and text you.

worked for me, it just took weeeeks. And i only got to move up a California Grill reservation from 9:25 to 9:10 ( i was trying to get a earlier dinner reservation, im not really into eating so late, was hoping for at least around 8). Literally took about 6 weeks or so to even get a 15 min difference. Depends on the restaurant you are waiting on, how popular it is, and just luck of the draw if there are cancellations. We're 2 weeks out now and only just got to move our ressie up a little.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter