Review of Narcoosees 6/27

sotoalf

DIS Veteran
I last dined at Narcoosees in March 2003. The food was terrific, although it and the service paled in comparison to Citricos and California Grill. Also, I thought it overpriced, and I'm the sort of person who doesn't mind paying a lot of money for great food.

Well, I'm glad we gave it a second chance. My family and I had a fantastic dinner this Sunday. We arrived 10 minutes before our PS at 8 pm, after stopping by Mizner's for a pre-dinner cocktail (we were staying at the Contemporary). We were seated promptly. The restaurant was about a third full and no children in sight, which was a pleasant surprise: screaming children running on that hardwood floor soured my experience last time.

Our server Jose was knowledgable, polite, and best of all funny; he really warmed up once he realized we spoke Spanish. He brought our bottles of wine promptly and kept us amply supplied with hot, fresh rolls.

Their famous butternut squash soup is no logner on the menu (does the restaurant have a new chef?) but the replacement more than held its own. I ordered a yellow tomato soup: nice and cold, with the right amount of tang.

As a main course I ordered the pan-seared wasabi tuna over a bed of green beans and rice. It was phenomenal: light, spicy, and not very filling. The highlight of the meal, though, was the surf and turf my father ordered: a filet mignon with a lobster tail. Now, I live in Miami and know something about fresh lobster, and that night Narcoosees really delivered. It was melt-in-your mouth delicious, its taste helped immeasurably by a wonderful homemdade herb butter. The filet mignon was tender, not tough.

The key lime creme brulée is still on the menu, and still a delight.

The meal was quite pricey ($350 for 4 adults, with dessert all around and 2 bottles of wine) but worth it. I'll put it this way: I thought nothing could pry me away from Citricos (at which we ate on Friday; wait for my review of this superb dinner) but the quality of our meal at Narcoosees put the restaurant back on the list as one of WDW's very best.

I'm so glad you enjoyed your dinner. We'll be eating there in about 2 weeks. I adore the surf and turf. I always say I'm going to order something else, but end up getting the same thing again.

One of my favorite place's to eat. I have tried the surf and turf but really like the lamb chops I had there. Thanks for the review. Susan

Wow, sounds very good. I am looking for a memorable "fancy" meal for my upcoming trip in August and this may be worth a try. Thanks for the review

Sounds like the Narcoossee's my family knows and loves. My daughter will be very sorry to hear that the butternut squash soup is no longer being offered. I think that was her favorite dish in all of WDW! I wonder if that is a seasonal change? We're scheduled to dine there in 2.5 weeks and your review has whetted my appetite!

Thanks for the wonderful review. With 3 DS under 3 I think it will be a looong time until we can eat there. But its fun to read about.

Glad to hear you hada good meal. We'll go back--someday, but the service issues the lat time soured us on it for awhile.

Anne

Thanks for the review, last time we ate there I also felt it was overpriced. We always laugh at the memory of an older man that was waiting to be seated and was complaining that he thought Narcoosee's was supposed to be a fancy restaurant but "looked more like ****ing Bennigan's!". I've never paid that much at Bennigan's!:teeth:

sotoalf,

You are correct that Narcoosee's has a new chef. We were there on July 1st and our server told us that the new chef was going to put "his spin" on all the dishes and there was going to be several more changes to the menu as time goes on.

We also had the lobster there and it was fantastic! Very sweet and tender, well worth the money.

Thanks for the great review. We ate at Narcoosee's for the first time last December and really enjoyed it . The only thing my wife did not like was the hard rolls with dinner. We are going to try Citricos for the first time this December.

Narcoosees is DHs favorite at WDW! Glad to hear you enjoyed your meal.

This place sounds WONDERFUL :)

Does anybody have any pictures?
What are the chances of getting a good Wishes viewing do y'all think on the first week of Dec?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter