Reviews 12-13 to 12-20

jillyjoey

DIS Veteran
I actually wrote everything done + cost but can't find it :mad: Also my camera crapped out during our trip so no pics. Also, cost wise the TS meals ran between $85 cheapest to $125 most expensive. But here goes based on memory of our TS meals -- Cast = Me, DH, DS(10) and DD(4) on DDP.

Hollywood & Vine: Character Breakfast Playhouse Disney: Buffet breakfast. Our ADR was at 10:30 -- we literally had the place to ourselves -- on our side of the restaurant it was just us and one other family. Lots of choices on the buffet and DD(4) loved helping herself at the kid size buffet. Of course she got the Mickey waffles -- which was a trend the entire trip. LOTS of character interaction here -- JoJo, Goliath, Leo and June - DH even did the fish dance with Leo. CM here was wonderful - I am awful with names -- I wish I could give credit to CMs by name. DS was a great sport here. I don't even know what DH and DS ate. What I remember the most was how fresh the pineapple was.

Liberty Tree Tavern: Characer Dinner with Goofy, Chip and Dale and Minnie. Thanksgiving Dinner basically. Seated fast despite crowd and server was attentive and very nice. Ham was especially tasty and DH kept raving about it throughout the meal and for the rest of the trip. Since it was DH's birthday we had a Mickey chocolate cake for dessert -- this was wonderful too and for the cost (12.50) well worth the money. We ate the leftover cake for breakfast for the next 2 days. Would eat here again.

Ohana Breakfast: 2 words POG juice-- my kids loved this juice so much they each had 3 glasses!!!! Standard breakfast fare served family style and great character interaction (Mickey, Lilo and Stitch (my fav)). Don't miss the hawaiian style raisin bread -- especially yummy. Again- -great server. Will definitely make this a part of every Disney trip. Great way to start the day -- we had a view of the MK.

Ohana Dinner: This was our favorite meal -- even voted best meal by my snobby sister. Too much food -- but everything delicious. I ordered a Lupa Lupa -- the drink in the pineapple with no idea with what was in it -- very tasty!!! First, the server brought tortilla chips with 3 different sauces, then sweet n sour shrimp and honey sesame wings. Main course was cheese potatoes, vegetables, and tons of turkey (YUMMO), steak, sausage and pork that it been cooked on spits. Turkey was awesome. I wish I could have eaten more. DD had a moment and refused to eat -- our wonderful server brought her Mac N Cheese instead (which she later dumped on the floor). Pineapple bread pudding for dessert -- Yummo too. DS loved doing the hula, the coconut race, etc. Again, we had a view of MK. AWESOME -- not to be missed meal.

Mama Melroses: We had the Fantasmic package. THe service was really SLOW. We were seated at 4:20 and did not get finished until 6:40 -- we literally had to run across the park to Fantasmic. The food was okay -- I put it on the same level as Olive Garden. Both kids had spaghetti which they ate -- neither ate their Minestrone - and both had ice cream for dessert. Dh had a really good appetizer but can't remember what it was like a cheese dip and he had bruschetta on the side for dipping. I had the mozzarella, tomato, basil appetizer-- good just like I make at home. For dinner, DH had the chicken parmegian -- he stated that it was okay not anything to get excited about. I had the pasta with the mussels, clams, calimari and shrimp. The server said it was spicy hot -- NOT at all IMHO. It was okay - but would not order again. Sis and her hubby had the Eggplant Napolean -- I would get this if I ever go back. For dessert, DH had the honey hazelnut ricotta cheesecake -- I wish I had gotten this it was YUMMY!! My tiramisu wasn't anything great.

Teppanyaki. Pleasantly surprised that everyone in our party loved this meal (really scared about DH). Even DD(4) learned to use her chopsticks. We all loved the seaweed salad which came with our meal. DH had the garden salad and the rest of us edamame. DH & I had that chicken and steak, DS and DD had the chicken. The meal came with rice, noodles and vegetables. The sauces were very good and the perfect complement to the meat and noodles. DD and DS had vanilla ice cream for dessert. DH had orange sherbert and I being adventurous had the ginger ice cream which was the hit and everyone had a bite or two or three. Would definitely recommend this restaurant ... BTW the CM at my resort told me this was the best restaurant in all WDW -- I am thinking she may be right.

Marakeesh. This is the only restaurant we will not be returning to (only because DH refuses to go back). He ordered the beef shish kabob being the only thing on the menu he thought the would eat (last time he had the lamb and complained the whole meal). Again he complained. His steak was raw. He then sent it back and it was returned raw again but this time with a hair on it (we all joked that it was because he complained). He was so mad by the end of the meal he refused to order dessert. My meal on the other hand was very good.== I ordered the chicken bastilla (as did DH - but he refused to try his) -- it was good but I thought it was better the previous visit. I also ordered the chicken couscous which was very flavorful .. .I actually gave over 1/2 to DH because he wouldn't eat his food -- he did eat it and agree it was good. Way too much food for 1 person. DS had the chicken shish kabob which he pronounced as good. DD ate chicken nuggets. Sister had the lamb which she said was not very good "too lamby." Brother in law had the night in Morocco which gave him a sample of things. He ate it all -- must have been good. For dessert, the kids got ice cream AGAIN, and with exception of DH, the rest of us got the Morroccan pastries -- okay not great. But the Moroccan tea at the end of the meal was GREAT! (Again DH refused to try) The service here was not as good as it was the last time -- the server could not get our drinks right and when we tried to get the correct drinks he seemed po'd. Our other server seemed irritated when I told her we were on the DDP (this was the only time it happened during our entire trip). Because of DH's experiences with this restaurant= we will not be returning (my food was very good though so don't let his experience turn you off).

That said -- we would definitely return to all of these restaurants except for Mama Melroses (just because I can get Olive Garden quality here) and Marakeesh (DH will not go back). For those with young children, the character meals were a great way to meet the characters one on one. Saved us from waiting in line at the parks.

Thanks for the reviews.

DH and I went for dinner 12/3 and he thought the chick parm was ok, nothing special. I ordered the eggplant napoleon and the beans were not cooked, the meal was cool and it had zero flavor....hope it was different and better for your family

Enjoyed your reviews. We also love O'Hana and the Lapu Lapu's! It I could have one of those every day of my life I'd never feel anything but happy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter