Reviews: Yak & Yeti and Raglan Road

hmp2z

Disney Bride, Mom to Molly, Moose, and Hannah (all
I'm going to post the links here to our reviews of each place. The Raglan Road review contains pictures, though the Yak & Yeti one does not, mainly because there was not one single, solitary vegetarian entree at the Yak & Yeti. It does down in our hall of shame as the ONLY table service restaurant on Disney property that we've ever encountered which has not one vegetarian entree. For details on our most un-accommodating Yak & Yeti experience, here is the full story:
http://hpandaw.wordpress.com/2007/12/29/hall-of-shame-yak-yeti-december-25-2007/

Raglan Road, albeit a belated post (we dined there on September 20) was wonderful, as always. We consistently enjoy the food at this restaurant, so it remains one of our top picks. For the full review with photos, see:
http://hpandaw.wordpress.com/2007/11/08/raglan-road-september-20-2007/

Cheers!
Heather W

thanks for posting. thats a shame about the lack of vegi. options at Yak and Yeti. That seems to be a natural for a all veg. option.

Thanks for the update--prior to your posting, I had checked out the Yak & Yeti menu on Allears, and was flabbergasted that it did not include a vegetarain entree. In fact, I was sure this was an oversite on the part of Allears....but apparently not! I'm truly surprised.

DH and I won't be eating there (I'm vegetarian, he's not) because of this.

I was wondering what their veggie option would be. I'm extremely disappointed in the way you were treated. Heck, even such meat-centric places as Ohana and Biergarten have veg dishes. Even such fish-centric places as Narcoosees and Flying Fish have a veg option. AK was already pretty limited food-wise, so I really thought Y&Y would help. Nope. It's a shame. Won't be dining there.

Probably no need to review a restaurant if you didn't eat there. It is too bad they don't have a vegi meal for vegi folks, but you really should have looked at the menu before going.....and then believed the menu while waiting.

All the other reviews of the Yak & Yeti are from people who actually ate there and they are so far all positive, well at least the one's I've read, but I'll strike this up to 'you can't please everyone'.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to inform the vegitarians of the limited selection for them.

Hold on a second, you went to this restaurant on CHRISTMAS DAY and didn't even bother checking out the menu PRIOR to going?? I really don't understand why you went to lodge a complaint. Is every single restaurant supposed to have vegetarian items or other items that will please every unique diner? For example, my sister and her fiance keep kosher. Before they goe out to eat, they always check the menu to see if there would be anything that they can have - especially if they're going for a special occasion. Seeing as you went on CHRISTMAS DAY, you really should've been better prepared.

In your review of Y & Y you mention that you saw only 2 seafood dishes, so I'm assuming you don't eat shrimp. That's a shame since there are several very tasty ones on the menu... I had the Pho last week and it was delicious.

It seems to me the server was doing her best to meet your needs... unfortunately that wasn't possible.

BTW, I believe Tusker House only has characters at breakfast, not at lunch/dinner. Someone correct me if I'm wrong about this. The buffet has food similar to Bomas and much more vegetarian friendly. In hindsight, this would porbably have made a better choice for you.

Well you certainly are not seeming too much like a people person. Cranky toddlers and louder drunks:rotfl2:

Seems as pescatarians you had a couple options
Seared Miso Salmon - miso glazed Atlantic salmon, jasmine rice, baby bok choy and shiitake mushroom stir-fry $20.99

Crispy Mahi Mahi - filet of mahi mahi, Japanese bread crumbs, Cantonese sweet and sour sauce, jasmine rice, stir-fried vegetables $19.99

Tempura Shrimp - chili plum sauce, coconut-ginger rice, stir fried vegetables $18.99

Pho - Lemon grass scented broth, poached shrimp, rice noodles, tranditional Vietnamese garnishes $16.99

Not to mention the STIR FRIED veggies(unless those were somehow sauted in beef stock) and the wok fried Green beans which is why I am going.

I am sorry you felt slighted by the restaurant.

I'm going to post the links here to our reviews of each place. The Raglan Road review contains pictures, though the Yak & Yeti one does not, mainly because there was not one single, solitary vegetarian entree at the Yak & Yeti. It does down in our hall of shame as the ONLY table service restaurant on Disney property that we've ever encountered which has not one vegetarian entree. For details on our most un-accommodating Yak & Yeti experience, here is the full story:
http://hpandaw.wordpress.com/2007/12/29/hall-of-shame-yak-yeti-december-25-2007/

Cheers!
Heather W
They offered steamed veggies? Bleah. Sounds more like punishment than a meal. Thanks for the warning; how weird that a restaurant at WDW couldn't accommodate someone who wanted a vegetarian meal! And what's up with offering veggie lo mein if it has beef stock? At least they have options for pescetarians. I guess other than Rainforest Cafe, a vegetarian could try the new Tusker House buffet. If you don't want characters, skip breakfast.

Not to mention the STIR FRIED veggies(unless those were somehow sauted in beef stock) and the wok fried Green beans which is why I am going.
You call that dinner? I don't. I call it rabbit food. Sure, the OP's a pescetarian, but the items you mention aren't enough for me. Any decent TS restaurant should be able to come up with something reasonable for a vegetarian diner, even if it isn't on the menu. And I think it's safe to assume the OP has enough experience dining in WDW to think that walking into a TS restaurant and asking for vegetarian food wouldn't be a problem. For the most part, it's quite true.

You call that dinner? I don't. I call it rabbit food. Sure, the OP's a pescetarian, but the items you mention aren't enough for me. Any decent TS restaurant should be able to come up with something reasonable for a vegetarian diner, even if it isn't on the menu. And I think it's safe to assume the OP has enough experience dining in WDW to think that walking into a TS restaurant and asking for vegetarian food wouldn't be a problem. For the most part, it's quite true.

See I love the stir fry veggies and rice. That is Yummy to me. Perhaps if she spoke to a waiter or the chef they would come up with something. Just the attitude of the Receptionist would have ticked me off too, but I think I would have taken it above just the person at the front desk. Especially in a relatively new restaurant- they might not know what the kitchen is capable of.
I've had tofu mush get passed off as a veggie dinner. Seems many places slap tofu in some noodles add some snow peas and call it vegan fare. BLECH@ - now I am not a vegetarian but we go in the summer and at that time of year I suppose I am a part time pescatarian. The only point I was trying to make that in the review it said 2 fish items when in fact there are about 5(they include shrimp so if their is an allergy or something that is differrent but not mentioned)

My brother is a vegetarian and doesn't expect every restaurant to create a meal for him when he choses a non- vegan place. Perhaps though if there is such an outcry for more specialty meals they will address it. That is why I think I would have taken it past the hostess.

See I love the stir fry veggies and rice. That is Yummy to me.
Sure, it tastes fine to me, too, but I'm usually hungry again an hour later. You may be right, though, that someone who isn't a cook or even a manager wouldn't know what the kitchen could whip up.

My brother is a vegetarian and doesn't expect every restaurant to create a meal for him when he choses a non- vegan place.
At WDW they seem to be able to manage it, if there's nothing on the menu. Real-world restaurants are generally able to as well, even if it's something from the kids' menu. It's really hard sometimes, especially when I'm traveling and don't have internet access, to check out menus at restaurants beforehand. I've yet to have to walk out of any restaurant because they couldn't come up with any acceptable meals for me. Fast food is, of course, another story. :rotfl:

I think it's reasonable to expect a table service restaurant at WDW to have a real vegetarian entree. Virtually every table service restaurant does. I think Yak & Yeti needs to get with the program--the food service at the Animal Kingdom is limited enough as it is. DH and I end up eating pizza virtually every time we're there, due to a dearth of vegetarian food at that particular park.

I think it's reasonable to expect a table service restaurant at WDW to have a real vegetarian entree. Virtually every table service restaurant does. I think Yak & Yeti needs to get with the program--the food service at the Animal Kingdom is limited enough as it is. DH and I end up eating pizza virtually every time we're there, due to a dearth of vegetarian food at that particular park.

Here is link to the menu for the new Tusker House lunch/dinner buffet at AK:

http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/menu_tus.htm

Very vegetarian friendly!:)

Portobello Beauty at Raglan Road is one of the best veggie meals ive had at WDW. I'll try to post a pic when i get home! :worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter