• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Richard Petty Driving experience

cujochurch

DIS Veteran
We are looking into doing the 8 lap driving option. Are there any discounts available? AAA, AP, Disney Visa...etc?

AAA. I don't remember how much though, I booked it so long ago. :teeth: I'm giving it to my STBDH as a wedding gift, since we are getting married at the WL four days later. :bride:

how much time is actually involved in this - for the drive along or the drive. DH and I are going with our 8 yr old DGD and I know she won't want to be there for hours -- is there anyone to take pictures if I don't go with him.

how much time is actually involved in this - for the drive along or the drive. DH and I are going with our 8 yr old DGD and I know she won't want to be there for hours -- is there anyone to take pictures if I don't go with him.

I had these same questions. We have a 4 and 6-year old, and I don't think they'd enjoy watching Daddy drive around for several hours. Just how long is it?

Thanks!

I was considering getting this for my DH while my girls (4 and 2 1/2) attended the princess tea. But I was worried about who would take the pictures too!

20% discount with AAA. My DH is doing this on the 20th. He has to be there at 7:30am starts at 8:00am. It lasts about 3 hours I am told. My 2 dds and I will go to breakfast at CP first and go over around 9:30. The first hour I believe is in training then they hit the road. Make sure you will be able to do this since there are no refunds, if it is wet they will try to re-schedule you.

You can request an Orlando Magic Card and get a discount also. You can make your reservations ahead of time and just tell them you have the card when you make the reservations. I can't remember if they asked for the card when we got there or not. I'm thinking they didn't even ask for the card, but just in case. You can get the card from www.orlandoinfo.com.

There is no shade so if it is a hot sunny day it will be warm. They only place to sit is the metal bleachers. They have a snack machine. The whole experience will last about 4 hours. We took my DG that was 3 at the time and took some toys and games for her to play with and she did ok.

They will take a picture at some point that you can purchase after the driving experience. At the end they will get all the drivers back inside and pass out their certificates with the speeds they printed on them.

Let me know if you have any more questions and I'll try to help you out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter