Ride Alone Age Question

GreatGoofini

Earning My Ears
I’ve read the rules and multiple articles on age restrictions but I can’t find clarity on this point: if a child under 14 has to be accompanied by a person over 14 but a child over 7 can ride alone, how do these rules work for lineups? Does the child between 7 and 14 have to be with someone throughout the line but can then sit alone on the ride or can they go through the whole line alone? Is the ride alone rule really meant for how parties can divide up on the ride cars and seats or is it meant to allow parents to let their 7-13 year olds be in line and ride on their own?

I’ve read the rules and multiple articles on age restrictions but I can’t find clarity on this point: if a child under 14 has to be accompanied by a person over 14 but a child over 7 can ride alone, how do these rules work for lineups? Does the child between 7 and 14 have to be with someone throughout the line but can then sit alone on the ride or can they go through the whole line alone? Is the ride alone rule really meant for how parties can divide up on the ride cars and seats or is it meant to allow parents to let their 7-13 year olds be in line and ride on their own?
- Children under 14 must be accompanied by a person over 14 TO ENTER THE PARK without adults.

- Children under the age of 7 children must ride with someone 14 or over.

- Children 7 and older can ride alone.

There has been lots of convo regarding sitting in same row or same car, some have gotten leeway, some have not. I have been on several rides where CMs made kids move so that a parent is seated with each younger child so one needs to be prepared for that. Once they wouldn't even let parents begin to board the attraction because they were refusing to split up with their children.

- Children under 14 must be accompanied by a person over 14 TO ENTER THE PARK without adults.

- Children under the age of 7 children must ride with someone 14 or over.

- Children 7 and older can ride alone.

There has been lots of convo regarding sitting in same row or same car, some have gotten leeway, some have not. I have been on several rides where CMs made kids move so that a parent is seated with each younger child so one needs to be prepared for that. Once they wouldn't even let parents begin to board the attraction because they were refusing to split up with their children.
I get all this, it’s specifically the question of can a 10 year old, for example, get in line by themselves and ride while the accompanying person over 14 who brought them in the park is outside the ride somewhere and would meet them at the ride exit.

I get all this, it’s specifically the question of can a 10 year old, for example, get in line by themselves and ride while the accompanying person over 14 who brought them in the park is outside the ride somewhere and would meet them at the ride exit.
Once they have entered the park, a 10 year old can go wherever their guardian lets them. They only have to be with the guardian to enter the park. Kids 7+ can get in line and ride all by themselves.

Yes. No where does it say they must enter a line with anyone if over the age of 7. Perhaps it was set up for a parent who doesn't want to ride or must stay behind with another child to let them ride.

Now the CM at the entrance to queue might ask them their age and depending on CM may ask who they are in the park with? I suppose it could come down to the CMs on the ground if they are concerned the child is not with anyone older. I don't think the intention behind the rule is for the 14 year old to get the 7 year old in the park then split up.

At that point it really is a parenting issue on how they want the children operate in the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter