""Ride Chicken" experience (and some advice)

DDreamer

Mouseketeer
I am a certified "ride chicken" I admit it. I've done Thunder Mountain before and LOVED it, so this time I told myself I would do Space Mtn., Splash Mtn. and Everest. I've done TOT, don't care to do it again, I don't like drops.

We waited in line for 50 mins. for Space (didn't get fastpasses, they were sold out b4 we got there) and yes I thought I was going to DIE waiting in line. I seriously almost backed out right before I got on.:scared1: I rode it though....and I LOVED it!!! It's not really that bad at all. A little scarier than Thunder, but not much. Splash Mtn. was closed when we were on that side of the park and the crowds were way too bad to come back so I didn't get a chance to do that one...next time.

However, I chickened out at Everest. That drop looks extremely intimidating. I had read here that it wasn't as bad as it looked, but I still couldn't do it. The girl coming off the ride who was white as a ghost and needed help walking didn't help any either:eek: The rest of my family rode it, while I sat off. Even my 6 yr old rode it.

Now, my word of advice to all you ride chickens....BE BRAVE!! I'm home now and I completely regret not riding it! I wish I could go back just to ride it! Just do it, whatever ride it is that you are hesitant to ride, so you don't regret it. It's really not a good feeling:guilty:

Now you have a good reason to start planning your next trip ;) I have more of a problem with the motion sickness feeling on some rides vs. being afraid of dropping. I doubt I will try EE ever again due to it making me feel green.

However, I chickened out at Everest. That drop looks extremely intimidating. I had read here that it wasn't as bad as it looked, but I still couldn't do it. The girl coming off the ride who was white as a ghost and needed help walking didn't help any either...

Since YOU brought this up...
I have to ask.

Why did you only "pay attention" to the girl "who was white as a ghost" and NOT the HUNDREDS (thousands?) of other guests who come away laughing and happy, ready to run around and ride it again?

Its so easy to dwell on the "negatives" and ignore the "positives."

Hope you can sublimate the "chicken" inside and give EE a try!

Even "Hidden Chicky" is rootin' for ya! :thumbsup2

I'd rather ride EE a million times in a row than ride Space Mountain one more time. Uhg, that ride just makes me feel abused. It's like being in a car wreck without the pain killers afterwards.

I agree though, it's a good excuse to start planning another trip. (Do we need excuses though, really?)

Any chickens would feel a lot better if you knew my ex... he was the biggest chicken I've ever met. We didn't even go on any of the 'extreme rides' (EE, space mountain, etc) together, so I rode them alone most of the time. The first ride we went on was Spaceship Earth, and he asked the CM, "Does this ride have any sudden drops? Does it go fast, or upside down?" I just laughed at him... And you should have seen him on Stitch's Ride (the lamest ride ever, as far as scariness goes)! He was so scared! His hands were sweaty, and he was grabbing at me. When we got off, there were 4 year olds in better condition than he was.

Congrats on overcoming your fears! Being brave is the best way to do it! I'm glad you had fun.

I guess we both learned lessons during our trips. Your's - to be brave, and mine - to not date scaredy cats...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter