Ride Closures in HS and MK?

itsmeamanda

Mouseketeer
I noticed today and yesterday that there are a LOT of ride closures in HS and MK. Is this a normal occurrence for summer?

Right now, the app shows SDD, MMRR, ROR, MFSR, Star Tours, and TOT closed in HS. And many many rides closed in MK.

Just trying to find out how normal this is as we are headed to HS and MK this weekend and am trying to manage expectations.

Wow. Just looked & that's a lot of rides down right now at both those parks. Indoor & outdoor so I wonder what's happening?

I was at MK last Sunday (6/6) & besides the rides closed already only HM was down for a few hours in the morning.

Power outage at HS ... possibly related to storms in the area.

If there's lightning, there a good chance many of the outdoor rides at all the parks will be shut temporarily. During the stormy months this is a pretty common occurrence. Park power outages like HS are much less common.

I was there last week and AK lost power two different days. No storms. Only rides, restaurants or shops open was in Pandora.

We live very close to the parks and there has been thunder and rain off and on all afternoon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter