• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ride Closures

raffles

Earning My Ears
I've been on the Disneyland website and there seems a good number of ride closures at the moment. Has anyone been to the park recently and can report on if its worth visiting now or if it would be better to wait until later in the year.

I'm also looking at hotels. I was originally going to go with Cheyenne but the Sequoia Lodge doesn't cost too much more. If it worth paying a little bit more for Sequoia Lodge. Its' two adults going so I'd rather just have two bed than bunk beds.

Personally I would say that if you do not visit often to wait until next year to visit (after April when the 25th anniversary celebrations begin) as this is when nearly all of the ride closures will be completed. At the moment there are many fences up around the park and many rides are closed. I visit 3 times a year so the closures do not bother me that much, but I can see how people who are going on a special trip would not have a great impression of the parks right now. Next year should be a good time to visit though as a lot of refurbishments will have been completed and the park will be looking like new again. I would also stay in the Sequoia Lodge over the Cheyenne as the rooms are larger, there are better facilities and the hotel is located closer to the parks.

Thanks. A few months ago I visited Tokyo Disneyland and a friend then wanted to go to Paris at some point. I wouldn't want my trip to be disappointing compared to my Tokyo experience which was wonderful. This will be my second trip to DLP but honestly I don't remember much at all about the first trip except it was cold.

I would definitely recommend waiting if possible. For me, it wasn't. In addition to the ride closures, there are large sections of the park blocked off that kind of ruin the magic, especially in Frontierland. It felt like everything was closed.

Wait if you can, definitely.

I would prefer Sequoia Lodge - in particular, if you can afford the 'Golden Forest' rooms I'd go for those - we loved them and the little extra perks you get.

I agree with the previous posters, there are many rides and parts of the park under rehab to be ready for next year's big anniversary celebration. Frontierland hardly had anything open when we were there in early May, as well as Adventureland. It made for super fast visits in those areas. Even around the Disneyland Hotel there were quite a few construction walls. In one way, our visit in the off- season made it quite manageable to see everything that was open, there there are many big rides we missed out on, so if you really want to do all of the big ones , waiting until next year would be better.
Karen

I was just there yesterday. My only other experience with Disney parks had been for a day in Hong Kong Disneyland last year, and WDW when I was a child.

The closures were annoying, but I was able to hit all the major open attractions in both parks in about 12 hours. I was most dissapointed at Space Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain being closed. I still had a wonderful time. I was also surprised at how empty it got at night. After about 8 pm, all the rides we wanted to do were essentially walk-on.

If this is the only time to go, I'd go now. Yes, you'll miss things, but there is still so much open that you can enjoy.

I was just there yesterday. My only other experience with Disney parks had been for a day in Hong Kong Disneyland last year, and WDW when I was a child.

The closures were annoying, but I was able to hit all the major open attractions in both parks in about 12 hours. I was most dissapointed at Space Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain being closed. I still had a wonderful time. I was also surprised at how empty it got at night. After about 8 pm, all the rides we wanted to do were essentially walk-on.

If this is the only time to go, I'd go now. Yes, you'll miss things, but there is still so much open that you can enjoy.

I thought that Space wasn't supposed to close until January?

We are going to Paris for our Honeymoon end of December and then heading to DLP (22nd and 23rd) do you think that we are going to be missing out on a lot (we obviously can't move our Wedding/Honeymoon hahah). Do you believe this will be enough days?

I thought that Space wasn't supposed to close until January?

We are going to Paris for our Honeymoon end of December and then heading to DLP (22nd and 23rd) do you think that we are going to be missing out on a lot (we obviously can't move our Wedding/Honeymoon hahah). Do you believe this will be enough days?

Space Mountain closed right before we got there (sometime the week of June 20), right after Rockin' Roller Coaster re-opened. We were disappointed to miss it, too.

I've gotten used to not riding Big Thunder Mountain. It's been under refurbishment at every park I've been at during my visit since 2014 (Land, World, Tokyo, Paris).

Space Mountain closed right before we got there (sometime the week of June 20), right after Rockin' Roller Coaster re-opened. We were disappointed to miss it, too.

I've gotten used to not riding Big Thunder Mountain. It's been under refurbishment at every park I've been at during my visit since 2014 (Land, World, Tokyo, Paris).

That stinks! That's not what their website says! All these ride closures are upsetting. I don't want to miss any of the Paris Exclusive rides :(

Space mountain is open now it was only closed for a short maintenance.

The only closure we had which we missed was Big thunder mountain and the boat everything else including Peter Pan was reopened with the exception of a couple of the train stations though you could still ride the trains. Nothing in the studios was closed.

You hardly notice the closures in frontier land due to the frozen theming etc ... So to be honest if you are going soon I doubt you will have anything to worry about :)

And all the boarding leading up to the Disney Hotel came down yesterday! It made such a difference to see all the flowerbeds and fountains! I think the fountains have changed but I'm no expert so can't be certain without referring back to photos.

I missed Thunder Mountain but am looking forward to returning to visit it next year. And funnily enough, although I don't really think of it as a major attraction, I missed wandering around Adventure Isle especially as the weather was so good this week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter