Ride order to minimize queue time

TinkSassy

DIS Veteran
I will have one maybe two days at DLP resort. It will be either October or November. I am a WDW and DLR vet. I normally travel commando style - fitting as much in as possible. I'm having trouble locating sites that give good detailed touring plans to minimize waits. Any suggestions?

I don't really have al plan, but some tips that might work: Are you staying at a Disneyland Hotel? If you are, make the most of the Early Magic Hours, that's Peter Pan, Dumbo, the Teacups, Space Mountain and Buzz Lightyear out of the way. If your lucky, the upper part of the castle is open then too, so you can take good pictures without too many people on it. Then for ropedrop I wait at the rope at frontierland, for a walk-on for Big Thunder Mountain. That's all the planning I usually do.
I would advise you to get the book 'The Unofficial Guide to Disneyland Paris', by Bob Sehlinger and Len Testa. It has one- and two-day touringplans at the back for both parks, which might be very useful for you. (It's a great book with lots of tips, definitely worth getting).
Good luck planning!

Tinian has basically covered most things. Although it depends if you want to do both parks in one day?

If so then you might be best to (assuming you're staying on site)

Do Fantasyland and Discoveryland during EMH and then get over to the Studios in time for rope drop so you can get to Ratatouille and Crush's Coaster before it gets too busy.

We plan on doing EMH for an hour or so each morning, then breakfast (we're staying in the DLH so it's on our way back from the park anyway) then over to WDS for the morning. Back to the DLH for our daughters nap and then into the main park again for the afternoon.

Also be aware there are UK (& maybe European) school holidays in late Pctober/early November. So try and avoid those. Being there Mon-Thu will also mean you will have a much quieter time too.

Sounds like s good idea. Just out of interest do you know the dates of the French holidays. I have to go in our school holidays but think we are a week earlier than most of Uk. Just hoping we aren't the same as the French holidays. Have a fabulous time everybody.

Thanks Elaine. Oooooooooooo same as ours. Oh well. More atmosphere. Always look on the positive xxxx

If you are staying on site I would use EMH as others have suggested. Then I would go over to the Studios for the gates opening at 9:30am, then head straight for Crush as it does not have FP and the line gets long quickly and stays long thoughout the day. I would also make sure I got a FP for Ratatouille as soon as I was able to.

If you are going October/November time it is more than likely BTMRR will be down for its long refurb by then so you will unfortunately not be able to ride this.

Thank you all. I will be exchanging into my timeshare system so I will be off site but depending on prices of rooms it sounds like booking a throwaway room might be a good idea. I will grab the book - thanks for that and he holiday schedule helps as I am picking dates soon.

Sounds like Crush andRatatouille are the rides that need to be planned carefully.

Great thread...I was looking for similar advice. We will be there in July and have 3 days at the parks (Tue-Wed-Thur), would love any advice on how to plan our days. No kids...just dh and me.

Thank you all. I will be exchanging into my timeshare system so I will be off site but depending on prices of rooms it sounds like booking a throwaway room might be a good idea. I will grab the book - thanks for that and he holiday schedule helps as I am picking dates soon.

Sounds like Crush andRatatouille are the rides that need to be planned carefully.

If you are staying off site but want to use early magic Hours, you might want to look into purchasing an anual pasport (fantasy or dream). I think it might be cheaper than a throwaway room. Fantasy is cheaper than dreams, but it has blockdays, so you need to check the dates.

OMG best advice ever! Annual pass is soooo cheap - thanks tinian! I will pick one up. Looks like SuperTrips.com has a good rate. Anyone use them before?

I don't know about other parties selling the annual passes, they are often limited to people who live in France, but if you buy a one day ticket at the entrance and then go to the Bureau Passeport Annuel the money you already paid at the entrance will be deducted from your annual pass price. Also, there are annual passport holders on this site who are happy to meet up with you at the Bureau Passeport Annuel to give you a 10 % discount (they get to collect stamps to renew their pass for free). You can find them in the Sponsorship of Annual Passport thread. Just see if anyone is going to be there on your first day, or post your own message asking for a sponsor.

We were there the 9-13th. The 9-12th wasn't bad, but the 13th was crowded. Both Crush & Ratatouille have single rider lines but I don't recall ever seeing Crush's line open until our last day (Friday the 13th). DH & I waited about 30 minutes and rode Ratatouille together the first time and we did single rider after that unless we had a fp for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter