Ride Spoiler, Yay or Nay?

LibrarianPrincess

Earning My Ears
Do you do ride spoiler? Prior to experiencing? For example, I been spoiler free of Pandora. I have no idea what it looks like or the rides. I want to see it for the first time being there. But, I know people who watch YouTube videos of new rides first.

We do not watch any youtube videos before we ride them for the first time. The exception would be showing some rides to my youngest because he is nervous or anxious (Space Mountain -- which is now his favorite ride). He still hasn't gone on RnR, I've been showing him videos of that, he's still anxious about it for our upoming trip.

I remain spoiler free. I watched Fantasmic on YouTube to see if it would be top scary for my then 3 yo. Decided yes it was too scary and it looked not very interesting. Four trips later we still haven't gone to it. I recognize that a video isn't going to do it justice but it ruined my interest in seeing it.

Nope, never. Videos never do a ride justice so I never watch them before or after I ride.
I didn't look at any photos or videos of any part of Pandora before we went

I don't do well with most rides, so anything new I watch the videos. I even watched Navi River to make sure there wouldn't be any parts that caught me by surprise (the end of Figment still gets me every time even though I know it's coming- my husband never let me hold our kids on it when they were infants for fear of me throwing them:tongue:).
Bring on the spoilers, I need to know what to expect!

I’ll watch a video if I know I’m never going on the ride, like the new Incredicoaster. But other than that, I stay away from ride videos.

I always watch YouTube videos of rides /attractions I haven’t experienced yet, but that’s just because I don’t have the patience to wait and see them in person. I also like to see how rough or scary they are to determine if my kids will be able to experience it. But it would be neat to see something for the first time in person!

Definitely no ride spoilers.... but a show, I may take a peek... IE; the Gaurdians of the Galaxy show in EPCOT.... after seeing the video, I’m not going to plan my day to see the show... if it happens to be performing while we are walking by, we will stop and see if it is interesting...

I watched the Pandora rides, but by the time I get to ride them in several months I won't remember most of it anyway.

I know what KIND of ride something is (coaster, 3d, etc) and I look at the ride vehicle but outside that, I try to remain spoiler free.

With that said, if it's an older ride that I just haven't been on, it's generally been spoiled for me one way or the other.

Spoilers don't bother me, even movie spoilers. Ride videos are so different from the actual experience of riding that it just doesn't matter.:)

I watch ones that I don't think I will ever be going on. Like FoP I don't want to go on because of my fear of heights. I also watched a video of Navi just because I didn't think I'd be riding that one any time in the near future. But I am making sure to stay away from anything involving Toy Story Land!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter