Ridemax

Dis Ohana

All your dreams can come true if you have the cour
We are going to Disneyland Dec. 5-10. We specifically chose those dates to avoid crowds. From what I've been reading, it looks like we should be ready for larger than normal attendance. Is Ridemax something that would be beneficial, or will the crowd level still be managable during those days?
:wave2:

As you seem aware, RideMax will not help very much on non-busy days. So the question is how busy it will be during early December. I don't know the answer to this. Things have been busier than normal for many months now. And having RideMax certainly will not hurt.

See my RideMax critique here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=885134

Thank you, Hydroguy! Your report was extremely helpful - I decided to buy it. It seems rather stupid to pay all that money to get over there and skimp on $15.00 for this. Even if the park isn't crowded, I'm sure having some kind of plan will prove to be a good idea. ::MinnieMo

But I bought RideMax at LEAST as much to play with it before our trip! :blush: Maybe it's going to be busy when we are there Dec 12-14, then again, maybe not. Like you, Dis Ohana, for $15, I figured it was better to be safe than sorry. Plus, as I may have mentioned, I'm a geek! :earboy2:

I am totally lost with the computer. :badpc: I had a little trouble installing and running the Ridemax program, but the guys there responded to my plea for help immediately and were able to pinpoint the problem. My antivirus program wasn't allowing Ridemax access. After I got that squared away I was amazed at how easy and fun this thing is! Even if the park isn't crowded, this gives me a game plan so I'm not just wandering around trying to figure out what to do next. :wave2:

I bought Ridemax and made several plans and never looked at them once. My husband was merciless in his teasing of me! But I wanted to be safe than sorry.

It was so quiet when we were there we didn't need it! BUT, as all have said, it is fun to play with, and there are some very helpful tips on their website once you purchase access, esp. on parade viewing that made it worthwhile (we got a front row seat to the parade only 10 minutes before the parade started) and I did not find this tip anywhere else.

If you have been to Disneyland before, you won't need your "plan"--if it's quiet, you will just do what you like. That being said, we had never been to DCA before, and we just did what we liked there too.

Have fun!!

NoryGlory: thanks so much for your tip on reading the tips! I didn't even notice it, I've been having too much fun playing with this thing. When did you go when the park was totally empty? All I've been reading about is how unseasonably crowded it's been. ::MinnieMo

I found reading these boards and Ridemax together to be invaluable. As others have said, it is the cheapest Disney related thing you can purchase so at $15 I felt it was worth it. In fact, we used it more on the non-busy day (Friday) than on the busy day (Saturday)

We just tried to use Ridemax for the Friday after Thanksgiving. Frankly, the park was soooo crowded, we didn't end up relying on the Ridemax schedules. It took at least 20 minutes or more to get from Main Street to New Orleans Square. The crowds were impossible. We pretty much just gave up getting on rides. Luckily, we had reservations for Blue Bayou for lunch and Aerial's Grotto Princess meal for dinner. It was a relief to escape the crowds for two pleasant meals.

Also, it was so crowded, we decided early on that we would try to see some of both Disneyland and DCA, as no one in our group of 11 wanted to brave the parks for another day. At least as far as I could tell, Ridemax couldn't generate a schedule that involved both parks.

In any event, I think Ridemax might be helpful for a moderately crowded day. For a holiday and the days around the holiday, I've decided nothing helps other than to avoid the parks completely!

Dis Ohana said:
NoryGlory: thanks so much for your tip on reading the tips! I didn't even notice it, I've been having too much fun playing with this thing. When did you go when the park was totally empty? All I've been reading about is how unseasonably crowded it's been. ::MinnieMo

Hi! I was there from November 5-9 (Sat-Wed), early in the week before Veteran's Day that Friday which I guess was a disaster in terms of crowds. We had nothing but the best time and it was very quiet. Perhaps busier than an "off year" but we really wouldn't have known the difference, to us it was pure joy. Going for multiple days allows you to hit different areas of the park first thing, skip rides that have lines, etc etc etc. I feel bad for those that go when it's unbearably busy. Hope when you go it's quiet! Enjoy.

I have heard that many people did not use ridemax on the busy days. We are going on the week of December 27. Is there any point in paying the $15 for ridemax, if most people don't use the plan on a busy day?

::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

Disneyland August 1989
Disneyland July 1994
Disneyworld April 1997
Disneyland May 2001
Disneyland December 2005

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter