Rider Swap, so confused...

arrical8

Mouseketeer
We are going to WDW November 25-December 7, 2016. It will be me, DH, DD-10, DS-7, DS-4, and DD-4. There are a few rides that I know my 4-year-olds can't/won't ride, i.e. Space Mountain, Soarin', Test Track, & Twilight Zone.

Can I split fast passes between 2 rides and before entering each ride, get a rider swap? I know the whole party needs to be present to get the rider swap.

For example:
Test Track
Arrive between: 12:10 PM - 1:10 PM
FastPass+ for: 3 Guests--me, DD-10, & DS-7

Soarin'
Arrive between: 12:15 PM - 1:15 PM
FastPass+ for: 3 Guests--DH, DS-4, & DD-4 but have older 2 take younger 2's magic bands?

I have read posts of other people with younger children having multiple fast passes... Just trying to figure this out :) If this can't be done, can someone explain what can be done?

Hi,

With rider swap, with the majority of rides the cast member wants to see who is staying behind in the party. We have always found that it suffices for them to be seen and not necessarily queue up with the party. So if you are riding say test track with 2 children. You ask for a rider swap. This is valid for up to three guests. So in your case if you ride it with your oldest children first. Then when it is your husbands turn, those same older children could re ride potentially. Also on your rider swap ticket there will be an expiry date -- often the end of the calendar month you are in. So you don't necessarily have to use the rider swap pass immediately after you ride or even that day.

Yes you can split fastpasses - so your husband could have soarin plus 2 children and you test track plus 2 children. just remember to leave enough time in your fast pass window. Ideally have them overlapping so you don't miss the window.

If the above scenario - i am not sure whether you would be able to use the younger ones magic bands although in theory I don't see why not! But even with soarin, as you are not riding as a complete party, once again you can get a rider swap so you can ride it later.

Have a fun trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter