Rides/Attractions that cause you to shed a tear

I try to be strong, but I just can't keep it together when I get there. The True Colors gets me every time. Watching my 2 year old loving the same rides I loved when I was a child. And this might sound strange, but seeing her at the Playhouse Disney show. I been there 3 times with her and no matter what, I cry. I cry from the first song to the last. I know that she loves the characters so much and seeing her so excited about them just gets me. Even watching the videos of it, I cry. I guess it's the fact that I am giving her the same kind of memories my mom gave me. I can't forget the commercials. They just bring back all the great memories that our family shared when I was young and all the memories I will have with my family in the future. Even when I'm trying to be cool, someone always catches me crying. It's usually my DH. I'm glad to know I'm not alone. :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsgirl:

I guess it's all about "Making Memories"

Let's see...the list is pretty long. Looks like I'm a bit of a crier. :teeth:

The American Adventure

Illuminations

watching the Fountain of Nations at Epcot

Fantasy in the Sky fireworks

Fantasmic

lighting of the Epcot Christmas tree

flag retreat ceremony at the MK

Originally posted by poohlvr
Watching the Tapestry of Dreams parade thru the eyes of a six year old, who had completed his mask at all the Kidscots in all the lands of EPCOT, and truly believes in the power of wishes.

What happens is that the child is given a mask at the 1st Country they stop at, and are given markers to decorate the mask, in addition, there is a cardboard star attached to the mask that had each country listed on it, and a punch out circle in the middle which is the child's "wish"..... when you stop at all the other counties, the child can add additional decorations to the mask, and speak with a native of the country who helps out. The very special thing is that on the star that was attached at the 1st stop, the native cast member writes the word "DREAM" in their own language..... the Child is told to make a wish/dream once the star is completed, and then during the parade, they will have a chance to put their "dream/wish" (the punch out circle in the middle of the star) in a net the "dream catchers" will have at the end of the parade.

It was truly magical to watch my 6 year old nephew wave his mask during the parade, and then hold onto the circle, close his eyes, and make a wish that was so beautiful, it would make you cry (can't tell what the wish was, as he said, because then the wish wouldn't come true, but he did say it wasn't for anything you could hold in your hands or buy in a store!) tears rolled down my smiling face.....

Ok....hand me a hankie. sniff Mickey

I want to say first off that I love this thread. Thanks for the sharing of the memories folks!

This is the list of magical boo-hoo moments from my last visit.

#1 Meeting Mickey Mouse for the first time!

#2 Standing in front of the American Flag that was taken from the rubble of 9/11/01 that is on display in the outer lobby of American Adventure at EPCOT . That one about did me in.

#3 One Man's Dream @ MGM - I just kept thinking "Thank you Walt!" as I walked through the exhibit. The man had vision and a good heart.

#4 Watching the expressions on little kids' faces. There is magic everywhere if you open your heart to it. Kids are great!

#5 The Partners statue got to me too. Again, "Thank you Walt!"

#6 I also got tears during Fantasmic! It was a really neat show.

I guess that would be enough. lol Mickey

1. True Colors song
2. American Adventure (especially when Voices of Liberty perform the pre-show)
3. Hall of Presidents:wave:

1. True Colors song at EPCOT - ok, I don't just tear up - I really do bawl like a baby!!! This is my favorite part of that attraction.

2.Millenium Celebration - the Tapestry of Dreams parade and Illuminations.

3.Festival of the Lion King - (yes, I recently bawled like a baby at the IMAX too)

4.Fantasmic!

Love every bit of everything!!!!!

1977 - offsite
1995 - CBR
1997 - Boardwalk
1998 - Contemporary
1999 - Port Orleans
2000 - Dixie Landings
2001 - OKW
2002 - BCV and VWL

That new commercial makes me so teary eyed! I can't wait to arrive for my husband and children's first trip. We leave in 16 days! CBR here we come! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

True Colors get to me too! The pictures, the music...it may be advertising but it's SO good. I also feel teary-eyed when I see the parades, Spaceship Earth, the train station and my big favorite, the Haunted Mansion.

Most definitely True Colors in EPCOT.

Also....... Beauty & the Beast stage show

The film clips at the end of The Great Movie Ride

The last day of our trip always makes me sad, until I think about planning the next one. :Pinkbounc

All the Disney commercials they have on now get to me. Sometimes I have to leave the room so my family doesn't think that I have completely lost it.

In 2000 I took my then 8 and 9 year olds for the first time. To see the look on their faces when we stood at the end of Main Street looking at the castle. The pure enjoyment in each of their eyes, made me feel like a kid again. I wish I could have bottled that moment!

Oh man, I really lost it on our first family trip in 1995 when went to the character greeting area in MK, and i saw a little boy in a wheelchair getting hugs from Pooh Bear.

Then 7 years later, with my 5 YO DD, giving Pooh a big hug and a jar of Hunny - how grateful I was to be so fortunate
to see her happy & healthy ....

On my last trip I got kind of misty eyed during the end of the preshow at Honey I Shrunk the Audience. It was the montage of all the photos with "True Colors" in the background.

Bump-bump-bump [plane lands].... "Welcome to Orlando," says the Pilot.

Walking out of the airport when the doors open automatically, *whoosh* and the warm Orlando air hits you and the flowers and palm trees are beautiful as we walk across to get our car from National.

Driving under the Welcome to Walt Disney World arch. "Take a picture - quick quick - here's the camera!"

Pulling into my resort. "We're checking in today!" I say to the gate keeper.

At the front desk, "Have you stayed here before?"....."Welcome HOME!!!"

At Epcot -

When the Innoventions plaza fountains begin and they take you by surprise, and you just grab a seat and watch the magic, and listen to the score.

"...a new age of understanding and cooperation, on this, our spaceship earth..."

At American Adventure, the whole sequence: "My fellow citizens of the world ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." - JFK

"I have a dream this afternoon that the brotherhood of man will become a reality...." -MLK Jr.

"...The Eagle has Landed"

Illuminations - the very beginning, "...Reflections of Earth" - *blowing out the torches*, and the very end - *CRRRRRACK*

At MGM/Disney Studios -
Beauty & The Beast - the end of the introduction, "...who could ever learn to love - a Beast..." and the finale of "BE OUR GUEEEEEEEST!!!!!" and the end of the show, when they release the doves. (Too bad the hawks had to spoil that for us.)

(Used to) Hunchback show - "... just one day out theeeeeeeeeeeere!!!!!!"

Great Movie Ride, "Lights - Camera - ACTION!"

The animation tour movie - montage of all the emotional moments. Bambi and Dumbo.... 'nuff said.

Animal Kingdom -
Lion King Show - "In the Circle of --- LIIIIIIIIIIIFE!!!!!!!!"

Magic Kingdom -
Spectromagic - "On this Magic Night....."... and Jiminy says, "And now, the Magic Kingdom proudly presents, in a million points of
musical light, the magical worlds of Disney, in SPECTROMAGIC!" *[Brass fanfare]* I just love that.

And anytime you see Mickey just walking through the parks unexpectedly, and he kisses your hand... it's so sweet. I never cease to amaze myself about how excited I get seeing Mickey Mouse - I mean, I know he's real, and is probably actually a she even, but geez - IT'S MICKEY!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Ajax
Now I find out that I'm not the only one! Lord, I could spend a month at the GF Concierge on the Platinum plan with the money that I've spent on unneeded therapy! Well, maybe not unneeded...

Anyhow, I'm prone to tear up at the first sight of the Partners statue. For many of us baby boomers, Disney represented all that was good in the world we grew up in. Virtue always triumphed over evil, Annette never showed her navel, and my Davey Crocket Coonskin Cap was so cool!

I remember where I was when I heard that Walt had died as clearly as I do the day JFK was assassinated. We'd lost someone who had helped define the world we grew up in. And many of us have also lost the parents that introduced us to Mr. Disney, wonderful people who told us that it was OK to believe in a talking mouse and the Magic. My Mom, long departed, is always with me when we stop by to say hi to Walt & Mickey.

I like to think that early in the morning, after the last 'Good Night Kiss' has transformed the Castle and the last CM has swept down Main St, that Walt & Mickey step down off the foundation of their statue and once again stroll hand in hand through the wonderland they created.
Best post ever.

I usually don't cry at things - movies, events, etc like a lot of people do but I always tear up during the film cuts in Great Movie Ride and the animation tour. I also have been known to cry when I finally find Poohbear to get his autograph after searching most of the trip to find him. Being there and seeing fireworks on my birthday makes my eyes glisten too.

Okay, I've cried more reading this thread than I've cried in WDW ... but the ones that get me are Hall of Presidents and American Adventure.

We should probably forward this thread and the other one to the 'Passporter' folks. They could publish a 'Weepers Guide to WDW'. ;) Not that I need one, I tear up when the confirmation letter from CRO shows up in my mailbox. :D

Forgot one - Carousel of Progress gets to me also. I can just picture my grandmother & my mother being younger. It gives my heart a little "tug" every time I see it. :)

Every time we see it I lean over to tell my DD's "gramma grew up using that" or "Nana used to have an ice box just like that". I just love that attraction. :p

I couldn't stop a few tears when the Mayor came out to officially open the Magic Kingdom. It was my daughters' first trip, and my first time in 23 years.We were oblivious--just standing around waiting for the park to open--when the festivities began. When Mickey and the character train pulled in I really lost it. Pure Disney Magic!!! Only 2 more years till we get to do it all again!!:earsgirl:

I always get choked up during Fantasmic! There's just something about that show that makes me think, " this is it, whis is why I am here. This is the magic"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter