Rides that will make you motion sick?

oceanmarina

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

Just wanted to thank everyone for their feedback on what this ride wimp can possibly manage at her first trip to Universal, it is much appreciated, and I have a few good options thanks to everyone's helpful advice.

I saw that people mentioned some rides that can make you motion sick, we have one person we are traveling with that is not necessarily a ride wimp , but does get dizzy / motion sick.

What rides should he avoid for motion sickness?

My DS was watching "The Simpsons" on YouTube and he said just watching that ride made him feel dizzy! I will put that one on the list!

Thanks as always for any feedback, Marina :lovestruc

Simpsons is definitely the worst! When my family wanted to ride again, I sat with my eyes closed for the entire thing. It's brutal.

I'm generally not super prone to motion sickness, but Forbidden Journey also got me. The first time I rode it, the ride had a brief pause, and the quidditch scene wasn't playing. I was fine. Rode it again and that scene made me really queasy!

Simpsons is definitely the worst! When my family wanted to ride again, I sat with my eyes closed for the entire thing. It's brutal.

I'm generally not super prone to motion sickness, but Forbidden Journey also got me. The first time I rode it, the ride had a brief pause, and the quidditch scene wasn't playing. I was fine. Rode it again and that scene made me really queasy!
Good to know. I’m ok with Soarin’ over at Disney, but Forbidden Journey is more intense than that, correct?

Forbidden Journey! The most awesome queue, and ride, but I've decided I'll take the chicken exit at the end, but the ride is so awesome, but it's like FoP x 10 while your seat is moving up and down and sideways.
Simpsons. Another great ride, the most hilarious script, even if you're a huge Simpsons fan, but I can only make it about 10 seconds w/o having to close my eyes. Completely nauseating.
Minions and even Fallon get me too. Transformers made me so sick last trip, i think that was the last time on it. No idea why Spiderman doesn't do the same, since it's the same ride mechanism, but I made it through most of Spiderman twice w/o issues.
I think I'm going to try some sort of meds next trip, see if that helps.

I avoid Simpsons at all costs. Transformers, men in black more than once, forbidden journey more than once. No issue with any of the others.

Hi sorry do you mean you can ride Transformers, MIB, Forbidden Journey more than once without getting motion sick - or did you mean those three rides have gotten you motion sick more than once?

Hi sorry do you mean you can ride Transformers, MIB, Forbidden Journey more than once without getting motion sick - or did you mean those three rides have gotten you motion sick more than once?
It means I can ride them once a day but if I rode them twice I don’t feel well. I will usually people watch while my family does them over and over.

If its someone that has moderate motion sickness (or worse) they REALLY need to prepare for Universal and have a form of relief lined up that works for them, Dramamine, Bands, Patches.

About 50% of the rides at Universal make me sick.

I would talk to them about it and have them watch some YouTube ride videos.

The first time I rode it, the ride had a brief pause, and the quidditch scene wasn't playing. I was fine. Rode it again and that scene made me really queasy!
The Quidditch scene (right at the start of that scene) gets me too. A trick that works for me is to close my eyes right before that scene (whomping willow when you’re on your back about to exit that scene I start closing my eyes). Then I open my eyes after I hear Harry’s voice at Quidditch. Otherwise that transition from real to screen usually gets me.

We've done Universal Studios just for Harry Potter attractions. We've been twice, but really too expensive for our limitations due to motion sickness from the 3D motion simulator rides. Even with motions sickness meds. So we did some of them once, and I had to close my eyes at times. There was a good article on allears about this with good reviews: Skip these Universal rides if you suffer from motion sickness.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...on-sickness/&usg=AOvVaw0lv7P8ndLysqXBB5wbPxOR

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter