Rides to avoid???

DMLAINI

DIS Veteran
I can ride star tours, mine train, space mountain, Soarin', test track, & splash mountain at Disney with no problem. I rode a paratrooper ride at a local amusement park over the weekend and was nauseous after taking dramamine so now I'm nervous about universal rides & I'm coming next week. I think in was the up and down & rotating in a circle that bothered me. Are there any rides I should avoid? I'm bringing dramamine, motion sickness bands, and ginger drops. Any other recommendations to keep myself from feeling sick could be appreciated.

All rides are different and affect people differently. They only way to know how it will affect you is to ride it.

The trans-derm scop patch is a game-changer for nausea. It is prescription in the US, but once stuck behind your ear it lasts 3 days and is safe w/ booze.

The patch is a GAME CHANGER for me! I can ride anything I want over and over again with absolutely no trouble. Without it, I'm grounded.

Hi I agree with the patch however, if you can't get one in time I can give you an idea of rides that give a lot of people with motion sickness a problem (including me)

Forbidden Journey
Simpsons
Most people are fine with Men In Black however, for me when my car has been hit a lot and we spin I get nauseated. I am not sure how spinning is for you.

Forbidden Journey and Simpsons seems to be the two that hit people the most (including me) however, I have heard people have problems with Transformers and Minion Mayhem ( I don't) unfortunately it could be subjective. Just a note if you want you can ride a stationary row in Minion Mayhem.

Good luck! Enjoy!

I can ride star tours, mine train, space mountain, Soarin', test track, & splash mountain at Disney with no problem. I rode a paratrooper ride at a local amusement park over the weekend and was nauseous after taking dramamine so now I'm nervous about universal rides & I'm coming next week. I think in was the up and down & rotating in a circle that bothered me. Are there any rides I should avoid? I'm bringing dramamine, motion sickness bands, and ginger drops. Any other recommendations to keep myself from feeling sick could be appreciated.

I don't have trouble on any rides except Forbidden Journey.

Simpsons ride is really bad my DH and my son were so sick … and to think we waited in line for that.
we use seabands they work quite well I was impressed. Walmart, 8.00

The rides that I avoid in the Orlando Universal parks:
  • Doctor Doom's Fearfall (Drop Tower)
  • The Simpsons Ride (Motion Simulator)
  • Popeye and Bluto’s Bilge-Rat Barges (Water Ride)
  • Dudley Do-Rights Ripsaw Falls (Water Ride)
  • Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit (Rough Coaster)

Hi I agree with the patch however, if you can't get one in time I can give you an idea of rides that give a lot of people with motion sickness a problem (including me)

Forbidden Journey
Simpsons
Most people are fine with Men In Black however, for me when my car has been hit a lot and we spin I get nauseated. I am not sure how spinning is for you.

Forbidden Journey and Simpsons seems to be the two that hit people the most (including me) however, I have heard people have problems with Transformers and Minion Mayhem ( I don't) unfortunately it could be subjective. Just a note if you want you can ride a stationary row in Minion Mayhem.

Good luck! Enjoy!
Thank you!! I'm going to try Forbidden Journey because I hear it's amazing. Hopefully I'll be ok

Simpsons ride is really bad my DH and my son were so sick … and to think we waited in line for that.
we use seabands they work quite well I was impressed. Walmart, 8.00
Did the seabands help on Simpsons at all? My daughter really wants to ride it. I watched it on You Tube & it looks crazy. I bough seabands.

Did the seabands help on Simpsons at all? My daughter really wants to ride it. I watched it on You Tube & it looks crazy. I bough seabands.
they were still sick, but it was over quickly and they didnt throw up..i could only think that it may have been worse.

Without the patch, my friend can't do spinning, 3D, or back-to-back roller coasters. With the patch, she was fine on everything including Forbidden Journey & Simpsons, except she couldn't do MiB back-to-back (it's the spinning that gets to her).

The only ride that made me feel sick was The Simpsons Ride, my friend felt weird after Harry Potter and The Forbidden Journey but I felt fine after. I would say those two are the ones which seem to affect most people.

The Simpsons ride, aside from the dizzying aspects, it just lacks a sense of fun, its an assault on the senses from the get go, but no sense of adventure unlike Spider Man for instance.

Its not an essential ride, whereas Forbidden Journey most definitely is, but can see why motion sickness is an issue, but my top tip for that ride is to lean forward in your seat and really feel like you're swooping, if you sit back it'll feel like you're being sucked through the air against your own will.

I take Meclizine (Bonine) the evening before we do a park and then again in the morning before we head out. It works amazing and I do not have any issues with any of the rides. I do however avoid anything that spins a lot.

Also - I hated Rip Ride Rocket. I love coasters and that one left me feeling like I had gotten into a car accident! It was so rough! My husband felt the same.

The Simpson ride did me in. It was awful! Even taking Bonine, which typically works really well for me.

Oh, I've been on that Paratrooper ride at a carnival and it made me so sick. More than any other ride I've ever been on. I wasn't expecting it though, so I hadn't taken anything beforehand. My motion sickness seems to have gotten worse with age.

Now I take Bonine the morning of any day I'm going to go on rides and it seems to be working. I think the Krakatau Aqua Coaster at Volcano Bay actually made me sick once (after riding it twice in a row). So now I take Bonine before water parks, too. Before I started taking Bonine proactively, the Simpsons Ride would make me sick and Forbidden Journey was a challenge, too. Coasters don't seem to be a problem for me (yet).

I think that Paratrooper ride is the worst though. I don't think anything at Universal would trigger my motion sickness as much as it did.

Ask your doc for an rx of meclizine. It works on the stomach and inner ear. No sleepiness. More effective than dramamine and Bonine. The store bought stuff does not even compare.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter