Rides you have to "crawl" in/out

Rebecca Carpenter

Earning My Ears
My hubby has been diagnosised with dermatomyositis since the last time we were at Disney. He now has limited use of his thigh muscles from any position that's not the natural seated position. So, rides like Space Mountain that you have to "crawl" in/out of are probably a no go now. What other rides would he likely struggle to get out of? It's been a while since we've been there, so I'm just trying to plan ahead.

can he go steps there are a number of boat rids that you can step on the set to get out of like POTCB, FEA, SM IASW. But if he can step up ( a big step) he could do them.

It is a rare DX, my daughter is now an adult but was diagnosed with juvenile dermatomyositis at age 15. After 2-3 years of crazy crazy complications she is doing well, now almost 25, and in remission. I hope your husband can eventually regain his strength.

Space would be tough, other hard ones I am thinking of are at DL not WDW. Test Track might be another.

I have a condition with very limited thigh strength. Frozen Ever After is one of the worst. Also, Pirates, the Jungle Cruise, and Living with the Land.

Rock n Roller Coaster would be another one. You have to stand up & then sort of maneuver your way out of the car (without putting weight on the safety harnesses that are basically the only thing to hang onto while you're getting up). I've done it wearing an orthopedic boot before on a solo trip & had a hard time getting out especially.

As others have mentioned, boat rides will be tough.

Another is Test Track.

Splash Mountain is another one. My MIL has limited mobility, and she can step down into the boat, but getting out requires a bit of assistance.

Rock n' Roller Coaster would be tough for sure. I could also see the boat rides being difficult, in addition to some of the other roller coasters. Best of luck to him and you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter