Ridiculous Question - Anyone know Dimensions of an Epcot Garbage Can lid ?

What? Nobody liked my cart idea?

12227262.jpg

with a tray for the top?
746370459_260.jpg
Imagine the coolness!! That can be version 3.0 ;)

I would think the OP should be a little concerned that the NSA has picked up on someone interested in trash can dimensions in a Disney park. :):)

Sadly enough, I have a picture to give you an idea....yes, Epcot trash cans make a great bar space, lol! :goodvibes

23c32841f1aa7e6929a31447c683f77e_zps328cd7b8.jpg

For the people worried about the sanitary delights of eating off a garbage can top I have two magical words.

BABY BIDET

the Manufacturer of the Disney trashcans is Mills Engineering, and the name of the can is the Lit-R-Gard. www.litrgard.com
The standard model is the Model C, and the dimensions are 21 1/2" x 21 1/2" x 42". They are aluminum.

OP, I think your wife has a great idea. I can't believe there are 7 pages of discussion about using a trash can as a place to put a drink or a plate.

the Manufacturer of the Disney trashcans is Mills Engineering, and the name of the can is the Lit-R-Gard. www.litrgard.com
The standard model is the Model C, and the dimensions are 21 1/2" x 21 1/2" x 42". They are aluminum.

OP, I think your wife has a great idea. I can't believe there are 7 pages of discussion about using a trash can as a place to put a drink or a plate.

I wonder if you could call the company and see if there are any in your area for a test fit?

Some people are utterly ridiculous on this thread. Either they've never attended F & W or they walked around aimlessly while their food got cold. I offer these pics as evidence that due to lack of adequate table tops, sometimes you just have to make due:

DisneyUniversalNovember2010082.jpg

DisneyUniversalNovember2010028.jpg

DisneyUniversalNovember2010021.jpg

DisneyUniversalNovember2010019.jpg

DisneyUniversalNovember2010017.jpg

IMG_4234_zpsb1ab1503.jpg

IMG_4415_zps2430908e.jpg

IMG_4414_zps2bb06c8c.jpg

IMG_4416_zpsa80cdefc.jpg

And now I'm hungry! Nice.

Lol. First off - I haven't checked the thread in a couple days (darn work), but the only thing more ridiculous that the original question is that it has prompted 7 pages of followup. That, in a nutshell, is why I love this forum.

That being said, thanks for the estimations. We have big plans for the whole spread - I may need a kickstarter campaign after this trip to start manufacturing in earnest :)

The words "ridiculous question" in the thread and the fact that there were 7 pages worth of responses were what caused me to explore. I assumed that by post #4 there would have been a DISer extraordinaire that would have cited you for the breaking of Disney Rule #16086 - No Eating Off of Trashcans. Bravo! I only wish that we were going to be there at the same time so I can see the constructed "trashcan" cloth in use! Maybe you could take it on the show Shark Tank! Best of luck to your wife on this creation!

I 100% back this idea, and am fully amused that there are 8 pages dedicated to the discussion of such.

We're definitely members of the Dining On Trashcans [DOT, trademark pending] Club. Sometimes you just need to set your drink down to jam receipts into your pocket, and shovel a pierogi down your throat.

That being said, I would take setting my food and beverages down on a trash can over sitting to eat on a curb any day. Just think of all the gross dirt that is getting kicked up and landing in your drinks, or on your food, from people passing by. And then all the people that are likely to knock into you...

Most of the trashcans are along the water anyway, and a lot of them are pretty far out of the way for the casual refuse disposal, so they're hardly used.

We are at BWV right now, and just walked back from Epcot. There were a ton of people eating atop trash cans along the Boardwalk tonight :-)

This thread cracks me up!! Years ago I would never have thought to try to enjoy food near a garbage can. Nowadays? It would not bother me one whit. What doesn't kill us makes us stronger!
I will be looking for anyone who sets their "table" nicely next time I'm at the World. Can't wait to see pictures! :thumbsup2

This thread has been very amusing...and enlightening. Never would've thought anyone ate off trash cans, but it seems like a pretty classy thing to do. :)

And this, my friends, is why I love the Internet ... And this forum. You win the thread, Ms. CourtneyL.

Some people are utterly ridiculous on this thread. Either they've never attended F & W or they walked around aimlessly while their food got cold. I offer these pics as evidence that due to lack of adequate table tops, sometimes you just have to make due:

DisneyUniversalNovember2010019.jpg

And now I'm hungry! Nice.

WHAT is this?? Looks great!! ::yes::

I don't fight it anymore - just go with the flow.

Every husband and SO should have a T-shirt with this on it!!!:thumbsup2

This thread is HIGH-larious!!!:lmao:I REALLY want to see pictures of the garbage cloth!

Every husband and SO should have a T-shirt with this on it!!!:thumbsup2

This thread is HIGH-larious!!!:lmao:I REALLY want to see pictures of the garbage cloth!

Oooh, I should get one of those made for DH for our 15th anniversary this year! I think he finally figured out this rule this year!

Do you like it in DIS green?
front.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter