Ridiculous thing that I saw at Costco

Lilsia

Registered
So I went to Costco yesterday and they were sampling some coffee. They had a sweetener there to use that they were also trying to promote. The package said "Plant based sugar". Seriously? Are people really falling for this? Does everyone not know where sugar comes from? I really, really hate this dumbing down of society. Thanks for listening.

It's not a new marketing concept, take a look at Veggie Chips and Veggie Straws. Give something a name to make people think it is better than something else.

I hate to break it to people but regular potato chips are Veggie Chips.

I really think they messed up naming it high fructose corn syrup. Really should have just called it Corn Milk.

So I went to Costco yesterday and they were sampling some coffee. They had a sweetener there to use that they were also trying to promote. The package said "Plant based sugar". Seriously? Are people really falling for this? Does everyone not know where sugar comes from? I really, really hate this dumbing down of society. Thanks for listening.
I think they may have been promoting Stevia, which is a plant based sweetner, and comparing it, not to sugar, but to other non-sugar sweetners, which are not plant based.
McDonald's ruined coffee for all companies by serving it way, way, way too hot.

https://www.caoc.org/?pg=facts

The ideal drinking temperature of coffee is 120-140 degrees. McDonalds served coffee at 180-190 degrees.
I agree. McD's coffee is unbelivably hot. When I buy a cup I have to let it cool for about 20 minutes. It's good, but so hot.

McDonald's ruined coffee for all companies by serving it way, way, way too hot.

https://www.caoc.org/?pg=facts

The ideal drinking temperature of coffee is 120-140 degrees. McDonalds served coffee at 180-190 degrees.
We go for a foo foo coffee every Sunday. My wife insists they prepare her coffee at 200 degrees. That is about as hot you can make it without burning the milk in it. And yes, she can drink it that hot.

It was made from Monk fruit.

Are you sure it said "plant based SUGAR" and not "plant based SWEETENER?"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter